Waiting to Pick Up a Trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 10:43 AM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Where is this "Documents Center"?
Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #22

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Thanks for the information, Carol. I joined the BOCI for us and downloaded the manual for the 25' Bigfoot and gave it to Kevin. I bought patches and a metal Bigfoot that Kevin will try to make into a sign with our name. I bought a jacket for one of the patches that was on sale for 85% off. Now I have to find one for Kevin.

Kevin thinks of the mechanicals; I think of decoration, dishes, and collectibles, although Kevin jumped the gun on me and bought different recliners than I was looking at. However, he has seen the camper; I have not. And I liked them when they arrived. I bought blankets and sheets.

I can't wait to see it

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Where is this "Documents Center"?
It's in the "More" tab all the way at the top right of the screen. Good stuff there!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #24

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Thanks Jon
The Bigfoot manual there is from 1992. My trailer is a 2002. If anyone has one closer to mine I'd gladly pay for a copy.

Walt
P.S. The one major fault with Bigfoot is the poor quality of their manuals, when they can be found at all.
When I bought my 1995 13' Casita in 2008, I was able to purchase copies of the original manuals for the trailer and all appliances from the factory. And the trailer manual included schematics for the layout of plumbing and wiring systems.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:19 PM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Thanks, Carol. I've been communicating with an owner of a 1987 Silver Cloud who has already been very helpful. He is going to copy his manual to me when he gets back home from winter travels. He also has volunteered to answer my technical questions once we pick up the trailer in April.

If you know someone else with a Silver Cloud, I'll stay in touch with you later this spring, too.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Lance,
Is your manual the same as the last one listed in the Document Center (Under the "More" tab at the upper right corner)? That one covers 1986-1992 and has directions for the camper, trailer, and 5th-wheels.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Thanks, Carol. I've been communicating with an owner of a 1987 Silver Cloud who has already been very helpful. He is going to copy his manual to me when he gets back home from winter travels. He also has volunteered to answer my technical questions once we pick up the trailer in April.

If you know someone else with a Silver Cloud, I'll stay in touch with you later this spring, too.
Kevin as the party I know is currently wintering south as well I suspect we are talking about one and the same party... not that many Silver Clouds around....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #28

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Thanks Jon
The Bigfoot manual there is from 1992. My trailer is a 2002. If anyone has one closer to mine I'd gladly pay for a copy.

Walt
P.S. The one major fault with Bigfoot is the poor quality of their manuals, when they can be found at all.
When I bought my 1995 13' Casita in 2008, I was able to purchase copies of the original manuals for the trailer and all appliances from the factory. And the trailer manual included schematics for the layout of plumbing and wiring systems.
Its unfortunate but when Bigfoot reopened its doors after having closed down the new owners did not inherit any of the old manuals or plans apparently....

Having said that though the manual for my 1992 Scamp was pretty thin as well - 4 pages.... but the good news is/was all the previous owners did save the copies of all the manuals that came with the appliances etc..

Here is the direct link to the Documents Centre:
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Carole, Kevin
As the owner of a SilverCloud it's encouraging to hear that there may be another one on the road.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
lance abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #30

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
We are the third owners of our 2010 EggCamper and felt fortunate that it came with all of the original manuals and assorted other paperwork (including several personal items like loan documents, credit card receipts, etc.). Unfortunately, the owner's/operator's manual has very little to do with actually managing the day-to-day live-in operation of the various camper components (water, sewage, electricity, etc.). It reads more like a manufacturer's limited liability document written by a lawyer - all about limitations on towing weights and speeds, approved tire types and proper inflation pressures, etc., in language that essentially pre-blames the owner for anything that goes wrong and absolves themselves from any liability. Disappointing. Fortunately, the camper is well-designed and constructed in such a way that most all of the operational stuff is intuitive or can be figured out pretty quickly. The one thing that stumped us for a bit was figuring out all four of the safeguards that must be set to get the electric water heater up and running. I'm all for safeguards, once you know where they are and how to operate them, which, as just one example, would have been a nice thing to have included in the owner's/operator's manual. With all that said, we love our EggCamper - useful manuals or not....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote