"Want to see a 16' side bath Scamp in Portland area" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Ann
Trailer: currently shopping
Oregon
"Want to see a 16' side bath Scamp in Portland area"

We are looking at buying a 2001 scamp that is in CA. We were wanting to see the 16foot in person if possible. If you have one and are willing to let us look at it, that would be awesome. Thank you!
alindekugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:07 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 16ft
Astoria Oregon
"Want to see a 16' side bath Scamp in Portland area"

I have 2000 16ft Scamp with front bath, side dinette.
It's in Astoria. If you ever get to coast.
Steve
stevesiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:14 AM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: Curently Shopping
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by alindekugel View Post
We are looking at buying a 2001 scamp that is in CA. We were wanting to see the 16foot in person if possible. If you have one and are willing to let us look at it, that would be awesome. Thank you!
Ann,
I have no direct knowledge, but the two "challenges" I've heard mentioned with the side bath are the small size of the bathroom and the loss of useful space due to needing to have a place for the door to swing open. You are right that nothing is better than seeing (or camping in) one in person, but a useful "second choice" might be some measurements from someone who owns one. In a few minutes you could rig up a cardboard mock-up and see if you'd be comfortable in the "booth". That, plus a few good pictures of the "wasted" space, might be enough to let you know if it's worth the trip to see this one.
Good luck!
samclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bathroom doors need room to swing no matter where the door is located and you'll need to keep that area free. Just remember, for every inch put into a bathroom (that you use occasionally), space is taken from someplace else.. that can be anything from a closet, counter or bed.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:40 AM   #5

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by samclem View Post
Ann,
I have no direct knowledge, but the two "challenges" I've heard mentioned with the side bath are the small size of the bathroom and the loss of useful space due to needing to have a place for the door to swing open.
A previous owner of our Scamp must have not liked the bathroom door, as it was gone by the time the old FGRV came to stay with us.. We never had it, and so have not missed it a bit. The curtain does all we need for closing off that space. The bathroom is my least favorite feature of our Scamp, but with a young daughter camping buddy it is a necessity none the less.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Ann, a 16' Sidebath Scamp was just posted for sale on Facebook (Scamp Travel Trailers)... and it's here in Portland!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I have a 16' Side Bath but unfortunately I am not in the Portland area. But can tell you it is a great layout for a family with two children and you will find you have far more useable kitchen counter space than you will find in any other model.....

I have at times camping with two young teens, two adults and two large dogs in my trailer for a week in the pouring rain without problem.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp