wanting to offer my thanks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2018, 06:10 PM   #1

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
wanting to offer my thanks

THANK YOU just isn't enough. Especially for the incredible amount of work planning, organizing and hosting the Boler 50th anniversary bash held mid August in Winnipeg. Thank you to ALL who helped out, but most especially to Ian and Rick.

We just returned home last evening from our extended trip to Winnipeg. Left home 8 weeks ago and had a blast the whole time, but the rally itself was the highlight.

Sure it was dusty. Sure it was hot. Sure it was tiring. Sure it was almost impossible to tour each and every trailer. But it was also exhilarating, informative, congenial and collegial. And a ton of fun!

Winnipeggers came out in force on Saturday to tour all around the Exhibition grounds and were friendly, interested and generally very knowledgeable about the Boler and its history. And it was a very hot, dusty, windy day, so their attendance meant even more to those of us offering an open house of our beloved trailers.

A great time...to be sure. Sorry that I am tardy in offering my thanks. But heck, as I said, our own party only ended last night upon our return home.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:18 PM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for sharing - I didn't get to go, but loved reading about it!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Very nice post Theresa
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Always great to hear of someone having an enjoyable extended trip. The boler 50th was certainly a blast, lots of fun was had by my wife and I (and Jasper ).

Though I can attest to the fact that Ian is not all business, as he came out camping with us for the labour day weekend, and mostly just relaxed, can you believe it?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
If we'd known you were going to Winnipeg, then we'd have come on over. We'd have been meeting halfway! Glad you had a great time!
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #6

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Hey Jim---I enjoyed touring your 5.0 and seeing all of your terrific mods!

And Ian and Vicki----how ARE you both???? Good to hear from you and yes, it would have been terrific to have been able to reconnect in Winnipeg!!!
Sorry that it didn't happen.

And just to let everyone know....YES, Saskatchewan DOES have badlands

While in Winnipeg, I expressed a desire to go and see them. Everyone whom I mentionned it to laughed at me--and what I was told was my "foolish ignorance". I had seen on my map the location of the Big Muddy Badlands in southern Sask....

...and so off we journeyed and I am very pleased to tell everyone that Saskatchewan's badlands are beautiful and the people of Big Beaver and Coronach are wonderful and very proud of living near this geographic delight.

We then decided to go south into Montana and on to North Dakota to see the badlands in Teddy Roosevelt NP which were gorgeous. But---contrary to popular belief, I want to clarify that southern Saskatchewan is NOT all flat prairie!

And as soon as I can, I will have photos to prove it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote