Warning From The Fiberglass 4 Sale Website for Sellers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Warning From The Fiberglass 4 Sale Website for Sellers

I thought this was something that should be brought to everyone's attention: ALERT to Sellers in the SW Region Including Northern CA | Fiberglass RV's For Sale I was there checking for any new "stock" and came across it. We were taught to never tell a lie but guess everyone didn't get that lesson. I didn't realize that this website has a listing for "Scams". I saw a Burro this morning on Oodle being advertised in FL, WA and OK, all posted in a very short time.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Linda and Dale who just sold their Trails West, ran into this group... or, I should say a woman trying that scam.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
I don't get it. How do you know if something is a scam? I'm serious....do they ask for money or what?
Chillywilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
They run the scams in various ways. Maybe they'll tell you they are out of the country and if you send the money they'll have the trailer delivered. But there are other tactics, too.

If you ask for the address where the trailer may be seen, they will stop replying or have an excuse why you can't see it.

If you are the seller, they may send you more money than is owed and ask you to send back the difference, then the cashiers check or money order they sent you bounces. Also beware of buyers who want you to ship the trailer rather than come get it.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
They run the scams in various ways. ........

Generally the for-sale scams have a really cheap price, to kick in the greed instinct that overcomes the caution instinct. Lots for Casitas for less than $2000, for instance.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #6

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
This woman called so many times you thought of her as a friend but she had to work and then had a second job the next day so asked us to hold it for her. She told us she had someone else sell another trailer out from under her and makes you promise not to do it to her. So you started off feeling sorry for her, then she told us about her husband dying on Valentines day and how she found the seven way plug for her truck that her husband had planned to give her for valentines day. So his last wish was for her to have a trailer.

Then after holding the trailer all day, we expected her at 9am, with her telling us she was getting closer, she had a late start, she needed to stop for lunch when she said she was 1/2 hour away, she never showed. We know now that she had another trailer she bought. She ran the price down so low on those people by using her sob story and then the next day she put it on Craigs list for almost double what she got it for.

Over the last year she has sold an average of three a month. She never puts it in her name so she doesn't have to pay the taxes. There are two ways to know its her group. She doesn't list a year and the says, title in hand, not I have the title.

We would have given her a real break on the price because we felt sorry for her but she asked if we had someone else in line for the trailer. I guess she figured she couldn't talk us down much if we had someone else ready to pay the full price. We were lucky, but I really feel for the people who sell way too low thinking they are helping a widow get her dream. Lorraine's only dream is to make money off of everyone else.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote