WARNING!!! - I am a Senior Member. . . - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #29

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Cathy and All!

I like your prescription!

Learning to back up the Casita will be my next task after getting my brake controller. Luckily, I live in a relatively spread out subdivision, including a dead end street that opens into a cul de sac. I have a double wide drive way. I am sure the neighbor's are gonna wonder who the weird guy is driving an egg around the hood. Plus, my next door neighbors can get some coffee or a beer and watch me back that Casita up!!!

Take care,

Dean

Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #30

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I wanna know what comes after Senior. Maybe Moldy?
Anyone over 20,000 posts should reach "Ancient Relic" member status.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:19 AM   #31

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2007 Escape 5.0
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: stude... We,re about 1& 1/4 hr. west of Dunnville. Looking at a Christmas day high of 50*F...10*C. Might as well be Florida!!!

Well maybe you should just stay home this winter if you could call what you have winter!Meanwhile I am cleaning another dump of snow today including clearing off the trailer and keep driveway wide enough to get the trailer out next month. We've had about a foot and a half of snow so far. So looking forward to going south, hopefully by Jan 18 depending on Beth's knee.

Adrian

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: stude... We,re about 1& 1/4 hr. west of Dunnville. Looking at a Christmas day high of 50*F...10*C. Might as well be Florida!!!
Going to be 14*c in the 60s today in Windsor and just spoke to my son in LA its 11*c there right now I don't think we've ever had a higher temp than LA this late in December .
Old 12-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #33

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Phoenix, AZ, is in the upper 50's this week. A week ago they were under a freeze warning. It's unusually cold across the Southwest this year.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #34

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Tom,

Thanks! When are you getting your Casita '17 FD? I hope our camping trails and travels will cross!!!

Take care,

Dean
We will be getting our Casita sometime in March, don't know exactly as I am having them deliver it to our Wisconsin home vs a trip to Rice. My retired nephew wants to go pick it up and do some camping right away but my wife wants neither of us whom she claims are "messy" people to break in the camper without her present. (Whatever "mama" wants!) I accept the fact that I am messy by her standards but I fit in with the general population quite well.

I retired in 2006 after 36 years at a large community college (3 campuses, 25,000 +/-) in Maryland. Was a counselor, Dean of Students, and Dean of Humanities, Social Science and PE. We're both from the Midwest and moved back in 2012 after 42 years in Maryland. It's nice to be around family and "old" friends and to not be in the bullseye of some unhappy person(s) or country. Although we did have a Wisconsin OK Corral shootout in front of my athletic center - seems somebody wasn't paying their under the counter drug bill on time. The new trailer should make us a moving target which is even harder to hit..........we hope!

Happy Trails. Talk with you later.
Old 12-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #35

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I wanna know what comes after Senior. Maybe Moldy?
Either Old Fogey or Invented CampFire.

Plus one on you can plan an itinerary but you can't plan a trip. A lot of the fun takes place unplanned and on accident. Who knew if you lowered that pole the entire awning full of rain water would drain on you brother? Good times!
Old 12-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #36

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I didn't invent dirt, but I helped install it.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #37

Name: Jim
Trailer: ventura 1300
Ontario
Smile Senior Member

I'very often wondered what it took to become a senior member? I'am a bit long in the tooth , but I'am only 78 years young , and just love to go camping .
Since I lost my Boler in a fire,I now have a Ventura and just love to get away ,the trailer makes this possible , It's hard to wait for the summer time.
A merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.
JvR

list.ca
Old 12-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #38

Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

Thunder, lightening, and a tornado warning on the evening before Xmas eve. Definitely, weird weather with a projected high of 75 on Saturday!!!

Adrian, wow, that is some snow! We had a "bad" winter last year, but this year is even milder than usual. Looks like you are working hard to keep a path open for your trailer!

Tom, new Casita in March, NICE! Hey, if you have the Casita delivered, you and your DW can do the maiden voyage! 36 years at a large community college AND Dean of Humanities AND Dean of Students. Wow, you deserved your retirement!!! My doctorate is in student personnel services with a concentration in higher education. During my doctoral work, I spent three years working in residence life as a way to pay for my doctoral studies. Fun, but challenging work. However, once I finished my doctorate, I have been in a faculty role since 1990 and an administrator (program director or department head since 2003 or interim regional chancellor). I have an MSW and have been a social work faculty member since. Department Head is my primary assignment. The goal is to step down in four years when our younger daughter graduates from college. I will then spend the last five years as a 9 month faculty member which will give me much more time for camping and traveling. I am currently on 12 month appointment and after 20 years, I get 5 weeks of vacation a year, but it is hard to find time to take that much vacation. Hmm, something is just wrong about that previous sentence! In any case, our new to us Casita is our empty nest plan. Thought it would be fun to travel and camp without the major financial commitment of a motorhome that would sit around too much the next few years.

Roger Dat, thank you for your comment. It makes a lot of sense. I am sometimes guilty of "planning" to do "unplanned" things. I can be a little OCD!!! Note to self - careful emptying water accumulated on the awning. . .

Redbarron55 - GREAT job with the dirt!!!

JvR, you sound quite resilient! And, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and all!!

Take care,

Dean
Old 12-23-2015, 09:56 PM   #39

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarron55 View Post
I didn't invent dirt, but I helped install it.
Hi: redbarron55... I hold a PHD. That's "Post hole digger".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 12-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #40

Kentucky
Registry
Alf,

LOL! Here is what I was taught:

BS = Bull "stuff"

MS = More "stuff"

PhD = Piled Higher & Deeper

As you can tell from some of my lengthy posts, I can pile it deep!

Dean
Old 12-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #41

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
............hmmmmmm I've got to go out and shovel snow! What degree is that?