Watch for Me! (WA) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
For the last five months, I've been recovering from big time back surgery. My time is mostly spent at home, doing very little. I'm going nuts. This AM I got a reluctant OK from our clinic staff and Scamp and I are traveling.

I'm shooting for a 10 AM ferry to America (Anacortes) and baring any stupid mistakes I'm spending 4 or 5 days in North Cental Washington. First leg will be over the North Cascades and then to the country north of the Columbia.

Watch for me. I'm very easy to spot. Bright red Jeep Liberty, 2005 13' Scamp Deluxe (gold stripe) small dog, white haired old guy.

If you find me stopped, come by and say hello.
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hey Ron! Stretch your trip out a bit and go down to Bandon to meet all the folks!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hey, Ron - we second Gina's motion ... extend your trip to include The Oregon Gathering! Glad your back issues are behind you (no pun intended) and wishing you happy trails. L 'n D
Old 06-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Are you heading over Steven's Pass via Hwy 2? I'll be watching for you through Monroe if you are! Sounds like a great trip (though I gotta tell you, I'm itching to do some camping in the San Juans!)

Tracy
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 PM   #5

Registry
Well I'm back from my trial trip to Twisp, Conconelly, Chelan, Leavenworth and 642 miles. The Scamp equipment worked just fine. The back equipment still needs help.

If you plan to come to the San Juans ask me for advice. !3' Scamps w/o A/C work well if the overall length is less than 30'. The current RT fare on the ferries is less than $50 if the height is less than 7'6" and the length less than 30'. Higher and/or longer is VERY pricey.

Ron

Quote:
Are you heading over Steven's Pass via Hwy 2? I'll be watching for you through Monroe if you are! Sounds like a great trip (though I gotta tell you, I'm itching to do some camping in the San Juans!)

Tracy
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Well I'm back from my trial trip to Twisp, Conconelly, Chelan, Leavenworth and 642 miles. The Scamp equipment worked just fine. The back equipment still needs help.

If you plan to come to the San Juans ask me for advice. !3' Scamps w/o A/C work well if the overall length is less than 30'. The current RT fare on the ferries is less than $50 if the height is less than 7'6" and the length less than 30'. Higher and/or longer is VERY pricey.

Ron

Glad to hear the Scamp performed so well. Our trial trip with our new tug was this past weekend but, I'm embarrassed to say, we only drove a total of about 10 miles to our campsite.

Where did you camp in Leavenworth? We really want to do many short, close to home trips this summer and I love that area just over the pass from us. Also, if you have campground recommendations in your area let me know. I'm pretty sure we're under 30' so we'd qualify for the bargain rate of $50.

Take care of that back for your next trip!

Tracy
Tracy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hey Ron, glad to hear you have recovered enough to travel! See you in Bandon, very soon!

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #8

Registry
Nancy - I plan to be at Bandon sore back and all.

Ron
Old 06-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #9

Registry
Tracy C - On Lopez (where I live) try Odlin Park (360 468 2496) It has places right on the beach.

Leavinworth - Icicle River RV. Sites right on river. (509 548 5420)

Conconully - Liars Cove. (800 830 1288)

For any of these, try to get a place on Friday-Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails
Conconully_Lake_WA.jpg