Watch out Cambria! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-13-2006, 08:37 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am back up in Oregon on business. Fortunately, I had a break in the "fun" today and was able to toss on my sneakers and go for a little cruise. Didn't have my trailer. It wouldn't fit in the overhead bin.

I decided to *finish* what I started out to do in December when I tugged my trailer up here. (Which was to do northern cal and Oregon via the coast into Portland) The rain was so bad, I cut over early and hobbled into Portland without finishing my northern Oregon part of the route.

Today I drove out hiway 30 to Astoria. Went to Fort Clatsop only to discover the fort burned down in October.. but I got to see the reconstruction going on and do a nice liesurely hike in the park.

Down the 101 to drive on the beach near Geahart (Warning.. nothing handles like a rental!) and see the surf sailing kite thingies. Never seen them before. Guys on surfboards hanging from parasail thingies. Whacky!

Down to just south of Seaside to a small Crab stand. Local culture at it's best! My Dad would take us here when we were kids. I got a Dungeness crab cocktail. Oregon Crab cocktails are not the fancy schmancy yuppie lettucy, frilly dainty things you see elsewhere. You get:

A paper cup of crab, about 1/2 pound or so, all meat, already shelled for you.. just a big bowl of lushious white and sweet Dungy! You also get a little cup of cocktail sauce.. use if you want.. or... Not. And a couple of saltines. Eat on the rickity old douglas fir plank on the little river the stand is on.. yum yum yum yum.

Just a few miles south, one of the most spectacular vistas one will ever see. Problem is, it's rare to see it without a 30mph wind, and even rarer when there isn't a cloud in the sky.

I was lucky today. Mike, can Cambria match this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ecola.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	2970

Ecola State Park, about 3 hours ago.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Wow that sure is purty! Cambria is very nice too! Plus there are all those cool sea lions north of there.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:47 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
God it sounds like a perfect day. The picture is AMAZING! Doesn't it make you want to move up here???? Hmmmmmm????? Thanks for sharing.

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
GINA, Gina, gina...

You sure know how to make an ocean view lover quiver in his boots, don't ya?

I can hardly wait to get back down to Astoria for the week of July 4th and then later on return further south to Coos Bay to attend the Sand Blast Rod Run!!

Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #5

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Gorgeous photo, Gina! (Now I am missing the ocean AND craving crab. )

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote