watching dvds - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #15

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Peter,

that sounds interesting. Can you tell me the brand and model? THanks!
By the way, thanks for the photos with explanation. Gonna see if that works in my Bigfoot.

Eric
It's a no-name Walmart cheapie that claims to be made by Venturer, distributed by Alco Electronics of Ontario, Canada. The box was sitting in the recyle bin, so I folded it back together and snapped a pic for you.

--Peter
Attached Thumbnails
DVD_Player_Box.JPG  

Old 01-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #16

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Peter, do you like the picture on that?

I have a smaller screen on a swing out, also for mobile, but the tuner is a seperate unit. I could use that to input to the larger screen.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Quote:
Sink is on the other side, Candi. In fiberglassland the Scamp 19' 5th wheel is a big trailer . . . In RVstorageland, however, it's hard to see our little rig behind anything but a tent trailer. Even the cab-over parked behind ours is bigger.

--Peter
Of course, it makes sense now that I think about it. I imagine that everyone has a scamp just like mine, laid out in the same manner.

Our neighbor had a 5th wheel in their backyard for the longest time. It looked like it was never used. We drove by everyday and looked for it. One day it was gone and though not a big disappointment in the scheme of things, we were still a little sad. Scamps just have that cute factor about them.

But, I'm off topic. I went to Walmart to look at your DVD/TV stand and couldn't find any. I did find that screen. Did you say you can plug something in to get local stations?

Candi
Old 01-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #18

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
We attached a TV/DVD/CD radio under the counter above the sink. I don't have pictures, but you can spin the screen towards the bed, so we sit on the bed while watching. On the bed, we bought some seats at Target that fold to support the back and the bottom. So we prop them against the Burro's back wall, sitting on the bed, with the TV flipped down below the cupboard above the sink.

CindyL
Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #19

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Peter, do you like the picture on that?

I have a smaller screen on a swing out, also for mobile, but the tuner is a seperate unit. I could use that to input to the larger screen.
The screen is a little small, really, but TV watching isn't a big thing for us. More something we'll do to listen to the local weather guy or watch a movie when it's cold, wet, and scary outside. It's main attraction is that it can swing out where we can both see it while sitting in the dinette without cluttering up our counter or other space.

--Peter
Old 01-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #20

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
I went to Walmart to look at your DVD/TV stand and couldn't find any. I did find that screen. Did you say you can plug something in to get local stations?
Many (most?) stand-alone DVD players also have a TV tuner built-in, but what we're looking for is an AM/FM car stereo with a DVD player, something like this: http://www.shopping.com/xPF-Pyle-Pyle-PLD1...ayer-w-TV-Tuner

--Peter
Old 01-07-2007, 11:19 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We use our laptop for movie-viewing. As Brian stated, no extra stuff to worry about, which is always important in a 13-ft. house! Works well for us - L 'n D
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #22

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft / Dodge V-6 PU
In November I purchased a 13" TV with built in DVD. I paid Wally World $98 for it. It's a CRT TV, not a newer style LCD. But, for $98 you can't go wrong.

It stores where the porta potty would go, below the front couch. It sits on the sink counter to view. From there I can drop a line outside if the campsite has cable tv available.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #23

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Wisconsin
Fiberglass friend,
We use a 5 inch black&white SONY tv ($8.00 @ church sale),and a Polaroid 8 1/2 inch DVD player($100.00 @ Circuit City w/ carry case-day after Thanksgiving).
Like Lex we also bring DVDs recorded at home.Currently making DVDs of the C-SPAN presidents series,taped in 1999, to view before we continue our presidents tour-Indiana in Spring-William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison.
Tony and Darlene
Old 01-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #24

Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
We watch DVDs the old fashion way. 13" Sharp LCD TV and Toshiba DVD player from the house. Toshiba is 17" X 8" X 1.5" and the TV fits nicely on top. We place both on a pivoting arm TV shelf attached in the corner of the Compact.
Tom Trostel
Old 01-10-2007, 01:57 AM   #25

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Got a 9" TV/DVD from WalMart a couple years ago. It's a CRT, so it has to stow in the closet, but it works on AC or DC. Watching a movie seems to use more electric power than just watching airwave TV. The brand is Orion, but I have seen the same unit in other stores with the Toshiba label.
The screen is flat and gives a great picture. It is great for broadcast, OK for movies, and a little small for video games or football.
About $150
P