Water into Gas. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #15

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
I've been reading as much as I can about this, and in fact have bought the materials to make a system; just a little more reading to do about whether to manipulate the O2 sensor, or modify the MAP sensor. That wouldn't be a big issue on an older car, but on anything 1996 and up, you will have to fool the OBD II (OnBoardDiagnostics) so that the computer doesn't see the car running cooler, hence dumping more fuel as it would before the engine is warmed up.

From what I understand, adding the Brown's Gas (H2 O2) produced by the electrolyzer helps by better atomizing the fuel, giving you a more complete burn on a leaner mixture. That seems plausible, at least. I've seen lots of claims of smoother running and cleaner tailpipe, too.

Last week at the recycling station, I saw a guy with a full size '97 Chevy with "This car runs on water, etc" magnets on the doors. I asked him what kind of electrolyzer he was using, and being surprised that I knew anything about it, he gave me a full tour of his system. He had 2 electrolyzers, made from glass jars, with the spiral stainless steel anode and electrode, just like you see at many of those websites. On the dashboard, he had the MAP sensor modifier also just like on the websites. He didn't install the system, but answered a key question I had by telling me the gas was routed to the PCV return, which is where I plan to pipe it to in my Dodge (an easy T-fitting, instead of trying to modify the intake (easily reversible too, in case it doesn't work )).

He enthusiastically told me he used to get 10 MPG (I think the truck had a big 454), but now was seeing 14 MPG, a 40% gain. He said it was installed by a fellow up in Spruce Pine, who was seeing similar percentage gains on all sorts of vehicles, large and small. He also said the engine is running much smoother and quieter, and that the emissions were really clean.

If I finally get around to assembling and running one of these, I will for sure post any results.
P

Old 07-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #16

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I saw where they were selling a device that would train your vehicle computer to accept the new way of doing things.Lean fuel mixture makes an engine run hotter.

Note: A Lean fuel mixture makes an engine run hotter. On a recip aircraft engine you lean the mixture to heat up the engine for certain test procedures.

My overall thoughts parallel what Art said. Why wouldn't one of the mega auto makers be putting this thing on their cars?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #17

Name: Mr
Trailer: small
State
I think this is a very, very interesting topic. The overall opinion seems to be that the physics don't work -- it violates the laws of thermodynamics and quantum physics, perpetual motion and all that. So far, so good (or bad).

However, there is so much anecdotal evidence, much of it from reliable sources, that one has to begin to wonder. Maybe we don't understand thermodynamics as well as we think we do? I have an old Jimmy sitting out in the yard, and I'm sore tempted to try this out on it myself, to once and for all settle the question for the entire world. I hate to be seen as gullible, but don't forget - science has proven that bumblebees can't fly.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Like so many others, I too am always looking for ways to think out of the box. For instance, I have burning used vegetable oil (grease) in my E-350 Ford 7.3 liter diesel for about two years, did the conversion myself. I stock pile the oil and have plenty to keep me going for awhile. Nothing is free, I have to collect the oil and filter it and that takes time and time is money, but it's working for me. Sure is nice passing filling stations.

As far as the Hydrogen generator goes there is tons of information available and I believe that there are folks who are actually getting good results. I can understand being skeptical and I am still somewhat skeptical. That's why I put the (only for entertainment purposes only) I am not endorsing this or recommending it, it's for you to decide for yourself. It looks like it's cheap enough to put the parts together and simple enough to do yourself with maybe some expert advice. I will let you know how it goes as me and some friends are going to put one together and try it. With a 25 to 35% increase in fuel economy it might be worth a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained,right.

I thought some of you would get a kick out of my avatar, how many of you thought there was really a bug crawling on the computer screen? LOL Charlie
Old 07-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #19

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
A retiring General Motors employee, after many years of service, receives a car as a retirement gift. (as well as a nice pension, etc.). So he is given permission to select a car from the lot there at the factory. He selects a Chevrolet Caprice, a big, luxury car. After receiving it, he is satisfied with his choice. After all, who wouldn't enjoy driving around in a roomy, comfortable car. After driving it for a while, he noticed something quite odd . a car like this usually consumes a substantial amount of fuel, but the gas gauge hardly moves at all.

After a few weeks, he gets suspicious. Things like this don't happen. Being the company man he is, he returns it to the factory. Explaining this to the service tech must've caused some strange looks, but they took it in anyway. After he got his car back, he noticed it got the typical gas mileage of a comparable car. Could've this car had some secret "modifications" that allowed him to drive for weeks, on the same tank of gas? Detroit's automakers have purportedly seized, er.. bought out patents of items that improve gasoline mileage like the carburetor, etc. Maybe the R&D department at GM put this theory to practice, and this was an example.

I wonder if that turning water into fuel was secret to this car.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:53 AM   #20

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/20...water4gas.html

Good source for a true answer.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Detroit's automakers have purportedly seized, er.. bought out patents of items that improve gasoline mileage like the carburetor, etc.
I love a good conspiracy theory, but the carb one breaks down quickly. Automakers aren't petro guys, they are auto guys, so anything that would give one manufacturer a marketing edge would quickly be introduced, not suppressed. Also, Detroit could secretly buy up a lot of patents but how would that affect a Chinese, Indian, Japanese, German, etc., manufacturer?
Old 07-20-2008, 01:30 AM   #22

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Paul Bostick,
Thanks for that post. The most interesting part is that people may install some "mileage booster", and then modify their driving habits, hence producing the "savings".
My father gets an average of 22.5 MPG out of his '05 Pontiac Aztek, which I can improve to 26.5 on a two-hour trip, all from gentle acceleration, planned deceleration, near-zero stops, and using momentum instead of the accelerator. That's about a 4% gain, just by switching drivers. If someone installs a system, and then becomes a "hyper-miler", then the fuel savings can't be attributed to the new device. You must drive the same way, and measure your mileage the same, before and after, to see if there's a benefit!
I have seen the website asking you to spend $50-100, but they are just re-selling what's out there for free. Like everybody else, I will just have to try it to see if it works.
P
Old 07-20-2008, 09:34 AM   #23

Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I had a Chevy Sprint made by Suzuki (4door, manual shift, 3 cylinder) that I purchased new in the 80s that got 55 Miles Per Gallon. ( Yes 55MPG and why canít we purchase one of these today?) This car morphed into the Geo Metro and the mileage went down.)

I sold it to a fellow employee and he came to see 3 days later and said I must have been driving it wrong because he was getting 75 MPG and then several days later he stated he was getting 129 Miles per gallon.

I was taking gas to work and filling his tank.

A really funny story and I was asked to ROAST him with this story at his 20year luncheon.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:24 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
darwin.....
that was really good LOL I was getting so excited when you got to the 129 mpg part and then "Boom" you where putting gas in his tank. that's funny
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #25

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
Arizona
Some more info on this scam: http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml
Old 07-20-2008, 12:16 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Some more info on this scam: http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml
Gee! The question I have is are they getting paid for every click on their website?
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #27

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
I got pure clean mountain water for sale
Old 07-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #28

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Ohio
Hay Ches you hang on to that water it will be worth a lot more than oil some day. Probably a lot sooner than we think. You can live without oil but not water.

Tags
propane