Water into Gas. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I thought I would post this as some here may find this interesting concerning increasing fuel mileage in your vehicle. I have been doing research for a few months after I heard about it and I am actually going to experiment with it. Anyway, here is the link to the local news station that did a story on it, watch the feed and read about it here. http://www.winknews.com/news/top/25473064.html

Here are the PDF document here on how to do it.
http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/Smack.pdf

I am posting this for entertainment purposes only. Charley
Charlie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #2

Trailer: Helite
I would think that if this works and is less expensive in the long run that Detroit would purchase the rights for millions of $$$ and we would be able to purchase our GM Truck with it installed direct from the factory.

Call me a skeptic - yes.
Art VanDelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Seeing this subject come up made me go back to a link that a local person told me about a water something or other that he used on hi 91' 6 cyl car.....he told me the gas savings was fantastic and i just wrote it off as bull but maybe there's something to it..... this was the two links he sent to my email address
http://www.aquatune.com/index.asp

and another link that took all the by products out of the gas:

http://www.condensator.com/

maybe someone with more knowledge than me can make some sense out of this as he was very convincing to me and actually wanted me to come and look at the setup that he put in this 91 6 cyl le baron
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
TOTAL Hype----Stay away from this scam. Do a Google search and you will see.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
You mean this doesn't belong in the Jokes section? (I haven't had a chance to follow the links. I assumed, especially because of the "entertainment only" comment, that this was just a silly idea.)

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
By the way, Charlie R, your avatar is hilarious!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:41 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
This bit of unwise information has been floating around the internet for quite a while. There's some guy trying to sell a book about this useless process.
Attempting to extract hydrogen from a small container of water using your automobile electrical system is fool hardy at best. You might be able to extract enough that a spark will make a nice bang, and blow up the water container. If hydrogen were that easy to extract in useful quantities it would have been done a 100 years ago.

Byron

Old 07-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I thought it was a nutty idea also but just wanted to throw it out there just in case

I also like charlies avatar...... so much that i saved it and use it in other places on the computer and sending in emails
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
A thought came across to me while drinking a Manhatten.
Why not have everybody drink a lot and use Urine for fuel?

Ok I'll go to my room now..........
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
A thought came across to me while drinking a Manhatten.
Why not have everybody drink a lot and use Urine for fuel?

Ok I'll go to my room now..........
Eating a lot of beans might work better.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Eating a lot of beans might work better.
Or getting a few cow balloons and switching to natural gas...

see: http://www.physorg.com/news135003243.html
David Swinnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #12

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
During WWII some Germans ran their cars on COAL. They took the trunk lid off and put a barrel in there, put coal in it and then built a fire under the barrel. The barrel was air tight with a really large hose run up the side of the car to the engine. The fire cooked off the gas from the coal and it worked.

I was in Germany during the 70’s Gas Crisis and the Germans prohibited any petroleum engine from being used on certain Sundays and a German got his Coal Mercedes out of the shed and a picture appeared with the story in The Stars and Stripes newspaper. He was Alone of the Autobahn.

In the 50s and 60’s they use to have a water vapor system U could purchase and put on your car from JC Whitney and it was hyped to improve MPG. GM offered a similar system that took a special fluid, on their Oldsmobile and I was told the fluid was to costly. It was connected exactly like the JC Whitney system. A glass jar with the water/fluid and a hose to the air intake and it worked like one of those middle east water pipes.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #13

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
"GM offered a similar system that took a special fluid, on their Oldsmobile and I was told the fluid was to costly."

These devices were refered to as "Wynns Mystery Oil Vapor Injector". I had one on my 1952 Oldsmobile Holiday Coupe. It didn't do anything that I could tell. You can Google it if you want to know more.

I aslo had a similar device that was called a "Water Vapor Injection System" on my 1978 Chevrolet 1500 Camping Van. It didn't do anything either.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #14

Trailer: Casita 16 ft Spirit Deluxe
A neighbor who runs a lawn care service installed these in a couple of his vehicles, convinced it would save him a lot of fuel costs. Like others on here, it was pretty obvious to me that the small amount of hydrogen generated was not going to offset much gasoline burning. Something that didn't make any sense to me at the time....he said they recommend putting aluminum foil over the oxygen sensor. So, perhaps to be able to humor him or explain how he was likely to be disappointed, I started searching the internet. No, really, I was just curious. I found all the adds, the long history of these devices, descriptions of lawsuits, etc. I ended up on Wikipedia, which if I recall correctly, is where it all started to make sense. These things seem to help engines run with leaner gasoline air mixtures at idle and low speeds, like city driving. In cars so equipped, they cover the oxygen sensor with foil to make it run hotter, which apparently results in the injection computer calling for a leaner mixture. The hydrogen/oxygen mixture that comes from the jar from the electrolysis process (driven by the 12V car system) aides in combustion of the leaner gasoline air mixture, thus saving some gasoline. How much, I have no idea. The Wikipedia authors were cautiously supportive of the idea, saying the hydrogen/oxygen mixture results in acceptable exhaust products, doesn't hurt anything, and may have some benefit. So, I'm looking for my neighbor to see how he's doing by now.

Parker
Parker Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #15

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
I've been reading as much as I can about this, and in fact have bought the materials to make a system; just a little more reading to do about whether to manipulate the O2 sensor, or modify the MAP sensor. That wouldn't be a big issue on an older car, but on anything 1996 and up, you will have to fool the OBD II (OnBoardDiagnostics) so that the computer doesn't see the car running cooler, hence dumping more fuel as it would before the engine is warmed up.

From what I understand, adding the Brown's Gas (H2 O2) produced by the electrolyzer helps by better atomizing the fuel, giving you a more complete burn on a leaner mixture. That seems plausible, at least. I've seen lots of claims of smoother running and cleaner tailpipe, too.

Last week at the recycling station, I saw a guy with a full size '97 Chevy with "This car runs on water, etc" magnets on the doors. I asked him what kind of electrolyzer he was using, and being surprised that I knew anything about it, he gave me a full tour of his system. He had 2 electrolyzers, made from glass jars, with the spiral stainless steel anode and electrode, just like you see at many of those websites. On the dashboard, he had the MAP sensor modifier also just like on the websites. He didn't install the system, but answered a key question I had by telling me the gas was routed to the PCV return, which is where I plan to pipe it to in my Dodge (an easy T-fitting, instead of trying to modify the intake (easily reversible too, in case it doesn't work )).

He enthusiastically told me he used to get 10 MPG (I think the truck had a big 454), but now was seeing 14 MPG, a 40% gain. He said it was installed by a fellow up in Spruce Pine, who was seeing similar percentage gains on all sorts of vehicles, large and small. He also said the engine is running much smoother and quieter, and that the emissions were really clean.

If I finally get around to assembling and running one of these, I will for sure post any results.
P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:05 PM   #16

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I saw where they were selling a device that would train your vehicle computer to accept the new way of doing things.Lean fuel mixture makes an engine run hotter.

Note: A Lean fuel mixture makes an engine run hotter. On a recip aircraft engine you lean the mixture to heat up the engine for certain test procedures.

My overall thoughts parallel what Art said. Why wouldn't one of the mega auto makers be putting this thing on their cars?
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #17

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
I think this is a very, very interesting topic. The overall opinion seems to be that the physics don't work -- it violates the laws of thermodynamics and quantum physics, perpetual motion and all that. So far, so good (or bad).

However, there is so much anecdotal evidence, much of it from reliable sources, that one has to begin to wonder. Maybe we don't understand thermodynamics as well as we think we do? I have an old Jimmy sitting out in the yard, and I'm sore tempted to try this out on it myself, to once and for all settle the question for the entire world. I hate to be seen as gullible, but don't forget - science has proven that bumblebees can't fly.

Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #18

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Like so many others, I too am always looking for ways to think out of the box. For instance, I have burning used vegetable oil (grease) in my E-350 Ford 7.3 liter diesel for about two years, did the conversion myself. I stock pile the oil and have plenty to keep me going for awhile. Nothing is free, I have to collect the oil and filter it and that takes time and time is money, but it's working for me. Sure is nice passing filling stations.

As far as the Hydrogen generator goes there is tons of information available and I believe that there are folks who are actually getting good results. I can understand being skeptical and I am still somewhat skeptical. That's why I put the (only for entertainment purposes only) I am not endorsing this or recommending it, it's for you to decide for yourself. It looks like it's cheap enough to put the parts together and simple enough to do yourself with maybe some expert advice. I will let you know how it goes as me and some friends are going to put one together and try it. With a 25 to 35% increase in fuel economy it might be worth a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained,right.

I thought some of you would get a kick out of my avatar, how many of you thought there was really a bug crawling on the computer screen? LOL Charlie
Charlie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #19

Registry
A retiring General Motors employee, after many years of service, receives a car as a retirement gift. (as well as a nice pension, etc.). So he is given permission to select a car from the lot there at the factory. He selects a Chevrolet Caprice, a big, luxury car. After receiving it, he is satisfied with his choice. After all, who wouldn't enjoy driving around in a roomy, comfortable car. After driving it for a while, he noticed something quite odd . a car like this usually consumes a substantial amount of fuel, but the gas gauge hardly moves at all.

After a few weeks, he gets suspicious. Things like this don't happen. Being the company man he is, he returns it to the factory. Explaining this to the service tech must've caused some strange looks, but they took it in anyway. After he got his car back, he noticed it got the typical gas mileage of a comparable car. Could've this car had some secret "modifications" that allowed him to drive for weeks, on the same tank of gas? Detroit's automakers have purportedly seized, er.. bought out patents of items that improve gasoline mileage like the carburetor, etc. Maybe the R&D department at GM put this theory to practice, and this was an example.

I wonder if that turning water into fuel was secret to this car.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:53 PM   #20

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/20...water4gas.html

Good source for a true answer.
Paul Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane