We are now in the club!!!!!! Happy Casita owners!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: 2013 EggCamper & 2011 Silverado Reg Cab 4x4
Ohio
We are now in the club!!!!!! Happy Casita owners!!

Hey peeps!! My wife and I have been searching for about a year now. This year we turned up the heat and searched harder. Anyway, just yesterday we are now officially a part of the club!!!!

We bought a 2005 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe down in Tennessee and pulled it home yesterday. Got home at 9pm. We bought it from a member on the Casita Club forum. His user is was flyfishin and he and his wife were SUPER nice!! If all you camper peeps are that nice, we are in for a treat!! It was a good thing he had his phone number on the listing because that site wont allow me to become a member for some reason (what did I do?....lol).

We have SOOOO much learning to do. This is not just our first fiberglass camper, but this is our first camper ever!! We used to tent camp, then we camped out of the back of the Tahoe for years (back seat folded down and a full size air mattress slid in!!

But now we are past the looking stage and onto the learning / enjoyment stage of being a Casita owner!! But I wanted to share the excitement - we are both super excited!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Casita03x.jpg  
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Joe & Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations! Nice looking rig. Hope you'll add it to the registry and include more pics.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:06 AM   #3

Name: Gary
Trailer: 1976 13' Scamp
Michigan
If you are half as happy as I was, You must be elated! Congratulations! And you are right about RV people too.
boats19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:32 AM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Wonderful you will have lots of fun.
Yes, pretty much all of the fiberglass crowd I have had interactions with have been super nice and go out of their way to be helpful.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #5

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Casita
Illinois
Good choice!!
Join us at our rally in June, posted on this site; Broadway, Buggies & Bo (wood), Also a good rally in May, Roys Fish Fry. Hope to see you!
ozierjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 AM   #6

Name: richie
Trailer: Casita patriot deluxe (sold)
Virginia
welcome

Welcome;
so happy for you all .
Have Fun now---even the weather is better now for you all.
sparky1 in southern va.
sparky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #7

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
nice great job have fun
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Joe, welcome to the FGRV forum family.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:08 PM   #9

Name: Nancy & Dan
Michigan
Welcome! Enjoy the fun that is fiberglass!
Nancy from MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #10

Name: Bill
California
Welcome, we have a '99 casita17 FD, and love it. Have put thousands of miles on it including trips to Alaska, Nova Scotia, from west cost with no problems. Enjoy.
Bill castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #11

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV! We can all relate to your excitement as we've been there too, getting that first trailer! Happy camping! Got any interior pictures to share?
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #12

Ohio
We will get her in the registry and some more pics taken this weekend! Got home late last night and now we are working at our jobs late tonight/tomorrow, and Saturday just to make up our time we took off to get the camper....ugggg. BUT, that lets us save the vacation days for camping!!

Anyway, unfortunately is still just sitting there in the driveway hooked to the truck....lol. We will get more pics by end of day Sunday!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 03-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #13

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome and congrats on the camper find.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #14

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Congratulations on your Casita. I'd have been happier if you had my EggCamper but I completely understand why you passed on it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Casita. Come up to Algonac state park in Algonac, MI the weekend after Labor Day for our rally. Lots of fun. If you go to the rally section here you'll be able to read about it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:18 AM   #15
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Nice Looking Rig Joe. We too have found the glass egg community a very friendly bunch.

I see by our pic you are using a WDH and the accolades go out to you for using this equipment. A little tip for you. You can improve your set up by having the receiver shank cut and re drilled. The cost is minimal and it will move the ball closer to the back bumper.

See ya out there on he road. Happy travels.
Attached Thumbnails
hitch Q45568.jpg  
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Congratulations on your Casita. I'd have been happier if you had my EggCamper but I completely understand why you passed on it. I'm sure you'll enjoy the Casita. Come up to Algonac state park in Algonac, MI the weekend after Labor Day for our rally. Lots of fun. If you go to the rally section here you'll be able to read about it.
Hi Bob!! To be honest, we LOVED your EggCamper!! It is absolutely beautiful and worth every penny!! We have always felt that way, which is why we did not make you an offer. We didn't want to insult you or offer way less than what it is worth. Its a 2011 - like new!

Our decision was all about budget over want, we had some $$ saved up and really wanted to stay in cash budget to stay out of debt. Honestly, as much as we love our new camper, we would have LOVED to end up in your EggCamper.

Now I have a 2005, have to bend my head to stand up, squeeze thru the galley, and sleep touching both walls......lol. The price I will pay for being a tightwad.......ha!! I think your EggCamper will sell fast with the weather breaking! The EggCamper is still my favorite FGRV!!!! Good luck selling, and I will pass the word. Its was a pleasure meeting you!!
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 03-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #17

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Nice Looking Rig Joe. We too have found the glass egg community a very friendly bunch.

I see by our pic you are using a WDH and the accolades go out to you for using this equipment. A little tip for you. You can improve your set up by having the receiver shank cut and re drilled. The cost is minimal and it will move the ball closer to the back bumper.

See ya out there on he road. Happy travels.
Hi Wayne! Thanks for the welcome! Yes, the previous owners were giving up camping completely, so everything went with it!! WDH, Sway, mattress topper, wheel chalks, outdoor rug, cords, hoses, filter, wheel blocks, even a cube heater and mini crock pot....lol. I'll get more pics up Sunday!!

As for being safe - I wasn't so safe on the way home - I had to rig up an adapter to go from the 4 flat on the Tahoe to the 7 round on the Casita. In other words - no brakes!! Needles to say, that's the first item of order before we go anywhere - a brake controller. Although we really need a new truck too uuugggg - that 1999 Tahoe has 182,000 on her. Did I mention I was cheap? lol

Thanks again - pics coming - I promise
2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal
Old 03-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #18

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
OH rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozierjd View Post
Good choice!!
Join us at our rally in June, posted on this site; Broadway, Buggies & Bo (wood), Also a good rally in May, Roys Fish Fry. Hope to see you!
Hey, Dennis the Menace, don't forget our Ohio rally which will be at Caesar Creek near the end of Sept. 2015! Will be posting details about the end of March or first of April, when we can start booking and which loop, etc. In the meantime, anyone can pm me for more details!
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #19

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Congrats!!! You'll love your casita, my wife and i love ours. Safe travels.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #20

Ohio
4 exterior pics......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7854.JPG   IMG_7855.JPG  

IMG_7856.JPG   IMG_7857.JPG  

2013 EggCamper #120

Joe's EggCamper Journal

Tags