We did it! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2003, 08:44 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We did it!

:cblob Well we purchased our egg today. I've been watching rvtraderonline.com as well as ebay and anywhere else I could think of. Checked Ebay this afternoon to find an '82 16' Scamp close to us and snatched it up with the "buy it now" feature. It's got everything (according to the ad), air, fridge, furnace, awning, stool, shower, etc. The only thing is that there were no pictures and we've never purchased anything off of Ebay. Hopefully we won't get burned!:o Looking forward to taking the family camping in it!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 08:49 PM   #2

Congrats, Jeremy! When do you get to pick it up, and how far away is it?

:sunny

Old 06-19-2003, 09:13 PM   #3

Good Show EH:wave

Old 06-19-2003, 09:27 PM   #4

Pick it up?

Well...I haven't heard from the seller yet either. It is in the Minneapolis are of Minnesota. About two hours away from us. We head up that way all the time as there is little to do in Northern Iowa, except camp. We're hoping to pick it up in time for a maiden voyage next weekend.

We've always tented next to our camping friends' trailers. They've got huge stick built trailers in excess of 25'. We'll fit snugly in between.

Old 06-19-2003, 09:30 PM   #5

Cool!

:banana

Old 06-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #6

Need Help?

Hi Jeremy

Need help with your purchase? I live in the Minnespolis area; if you need anything contact me off-list at n0kfb@skypoint.com

-- Dan Meyer

Old 06-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #7

Thanks!

:wave Thanks for the offer of help! I spoke with the owners today on the phone. It sounds like a great trailer. It has all of the options mentioned in my initial post, and they were all factory installed. The AC is an aftermarket window unit installed in the side window by the door. I still haven't seen pictures yet, hopefully it looks somewhat tasteful!:sad

One question for you folks. I have never pulled a trailer before, or owned a vehicle with a hitch (we do now). He stated we need a round connected and I don't think I have that. The round one is to operate the lights and the electric brakes. Is there some sort of adapter that I can buy right now to just use what I have and get it home? Or do I need to get some thing installed so I can use the breaks on the trailer too?

Sending off our deposit tonight, hopefully pick up the trailer on Thursday night!

Thanks - Jeremy

Old 06-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #8

>>Is there some sort of adapter

Several people have been in a similar situation. Here's a thread on the same topic:

Wiring Questions, etc..

There are several other discussions on the electrical/tow connection for these trailers. Try the Search button at the top of this screen. It's a great feature. (I know the schematic for those round connectors has been posted at least twice, for example.)

And, good luck with it, Jeremy!

Old 06-20-2003, 04:11 PM   #9

Best Egging Wishes

Hope you and your new Egg on wheels have a great sumer fall winter and springs!!:cheers

Old 06-20-2003, 04:29 PM   #10

Jeremy, this is so great. and if not as perfect as you would have it, it's fixable. BUT I bet it's a dream. I would have loved to have found a 16' scamp when I was looken.
Just one thing - share the fun with us. :thumb

Old 06-20-2003, 06:38 PM   #11

Tow-Vehicle to Trailer Wiring

See the owners manual for information about the trailer-to-tow vehicle connector. You can see the manual on my web site - Click on Manual. See the address below.

-- Dan Meyer