We failed to plan.......... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Calendar Girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Came out of Costco recently to see a fire truck and a bunch of firemen standing around my trailer. I started running over thinking something had happened while I was shopping .... nope the boys were just waiting for me to come out so they could ask questions and see inside! :-)
Hi: Carol H...Did they give you an autographed copy???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #22

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Keeping the fun alive....resurrecting a good but dead thread.

I have been towing mine back and forth to work getting all of the little projects done at lunch and after work. have given several "show and tell" tours at the gas station, employee parking lot and one customer hunted me down at work and asked for a quick tour.

Coming from the vintage teardrop and vintage trailer lifestyle, I didn't think I would have the same curiosity. I guess it makes sense....that's why we bought one!

NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #23

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Very nice looking combo! What is the tow vehicle?
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #24

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
On one of our recent trips we were looking for a good spot. I spotted an Airstream among the new stick giants and decided to pull in next to them. I figured they are a part of a unique crowd too! Turns out it was a full timing couple from Canada that just had to see inside the little Uhaul because it reminded them of their Trillium! Lol. I knew they must like unique things!

Then, coming home, we were followed into a Walmart parking lot. Ended up being delayed for over an hour. The guy was mesmerized. He had always wanted to see a Uhaul up close. At one point he was even on the pavement underneath the camper! Lol
Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #25

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
hahaha, I have had more than one experience of somebody getting off a highway exit with me, following me to a gas station and wanting to know about my trailer, and then admitting that it wasn't even their exit. Well, more than one but less than three. I think it happened twice.

I get to the point where I start to avoid eye contact with campground neighbors when I'm tired and don't want to risk being asked for a tour.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #26

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
Very nice looking combo! What is the tow vehicle?
It's a 1950 Chevrolet Suburban. 250 inline 6 ( built-200hp ) 4bbl, cast headers etc., aluminum radiator, 700r4 4sp auto trans, newer rear with 3:73 gears, 8 pack military wrap leaf packs, dropped front axle ( solid or straight axle not independent) HD shocks, boxed rear frame and 4 wheel drum brake-oh my.

Seats 8 and can cruise at the car shows with 10 people/kids. Most of the time it's just my wife and I with the 2 hounds.

And it's my daily driver here in the Pacific Northwet
Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #27

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry

Obviously, we ALL love FGRVs and other unique trailers! I've been the "Lookie-Loo" as well as the gracious host. The Hawaiian "shaka" sign as described in the Urban Dictionary seems to be a fitting "secret" sign.

The Hawaiian hand gesture, "shaka" has many meanings. Originally it means to "hang loose", or to chill and be laid back. It can be used as a positive reinforcement. If somebody did something good, cool, or righteous; You can give them a shaka as a sign of approval or praise. It can also be used as a welcome/goodbye sign. Most people would give the shaka as a sign of wassup or hello, use it as a way of saying goodbye, and even use it as a thank you.

To make a shaka:
1. make a fist (not a tight fist)
2. extend both your pinky and your thumb.
3. lightly shake your hand (too fast makes you like retarded or like a tourist, and too slow make you look stupid.)
4. If you don't want to do the shake, you are also able to do the "I'm tuff" motion. In a downward motion, move your hand. Giving a kind of downward wrist flick at the end. It gives you a more "i'm bad look". It's mainly used by old school Local boyz.
"Eh, shaka brah."

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #28

Name: Deborah
Trailer: Prius camping - want an Oliver
Virginia
There's also ASL "F" for Fiberglass:
It could be followed by a "G"
Old 04-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #29

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We have never had a stranger approach us wanting to talk about the Trillium (or the Ventura that preceded it). Maybe it depends on where you live? Little trailers are quite common in our neighbourhood.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:50 PM   #30

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
We've had several people ask us about our Casita....always very friendly. On our last trip.....one little lady asked my wife if she could "peek" inside. My wife showed her our trailer.....she and her husband had a fairly large motorhome. She loved our trailer but asked us if it was hard getting use to such a small trailer. I said...."Small.....did my wife show you the basement as well?" We had a good laugh and ended up having drinks with them around the campfire that night.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #31

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
I've kept a notebook on RV trips forever. Mostly interesting things about the kids expiriences. A few breakdowns too, it happens .
Never had anyone ask to see my cabover, C or A but the first trip out with the SD 17 at a fuel stop I was asked by a GI to see the inside. I noted it in my log as the first lookyloo. It goes with an egg, kind of like bacon and eggs. It just goes together.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #32

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
On our first trip in the egg, we stopped at a truck stop in Maine. It started with 2 people asking for a tour and by the time we got away, we had shown our rig to about a dozen people.

It must be the shape. These little eggs make people smile. I smile every time I come home from work and see the egg in the driveway.

Rick and Jessica
kb1flr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 AM   #33

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Yes I know what you mean, stopping at Canadian Tire on the way out we had 3 different groups come for a tour of the Ventura and 2 offers! Then another time, I came out of a store to find a guy scratching his head and looking all around the trailer. When I asked what was wrong, he said where the hell is the black water tank(I have a 4" pipe for storing the awning poles strapped under the trailer). Gave him the "Grand Tour". He laughed when I showed him the grey water tank(a 1 gallon plastic container).

At our model airplane"float flies", we do quite a few tours of our humble abode.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #34

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
I don't mind the visitors in my Scamp 13 except that you always have to make the bed and they always seem to come out when I am trying to back in to a space. My backing skills suck and get exponentially worse with each set of eyes on me.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #35

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
We live in California and rarely see "eggs". When we do we get excited as do other FGRV owners and "looky-loos". I have noticed that more people showed interest in our new and shiny Scamp. Recently it was not so shiny and nary a person approached us. Hmmm, I'll shine 'er up for the next trip and send a report.

We were out resting on a lonely two-lane road on a hill in the middle of nowhere and a driver whizzed by and made a U-turn to stop to talk with us. She gushed about our little darlin'. We've been approached in gas stations and parking lots too. I always note when there's a FGRV in our campground and look for opportunities to make conversation with the owners. My husband is of an opposite mind as he does not camp to make friends with the neighbors.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:46 PM   #36

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWFISHER View Post
It's a 1950 Chevrolet Suburban. 250 inline 6 ( built-200hp ) 4bbl, cast headers etc., aluminum radiator, 700r4 4sp auto trans, newer rear with 3:73 gears, 8 pack military wrap leaf packs, dropped front axle ( solid or straight axle not independent) HD shocks, boxed rear frame and 4 wheel drum brake-oh my.

Seats 8 and can cruise at the car shows with 10 people/kids. Most of the time it's just my wife and I with the 2 hounds.

And it's my daily driver here in the Pacific Northwet
Is is a beauty. What kind of hounds do you have?
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:58 AM   #37

Oregon
We just lost our Black and Tan CoonHound ,Macie and we have an 8 year old Transylvania Hound and a 1 year old Kane Corso (Italian Mastiff).

Tags
burro