After catching the RV bug 14 months ago, focusing on small travel trailers the last four months or so and discovering this website on 8/1/15, my DW and I purchased our first FG rig today. We are the VERY PROUD owners of a 2005 Casita
17' Freedom Deluxe. If you would have asked me over the last several months, I would have told you that we would get an RV in 10 years at retirement, then 5 years after our youngest graduates from college, then 2 years once we downsize. Nope. Too many people, including many of you shared how it is important to get started asap. "Get out there and get camping!!!" Even two months ago, I would have said we were two years away. I am pleased to be wrong and, as of today, be the happy owners of a Casita
We found it on this website at the end of October and bought it from John Busch who purchased it new in 2005 from the Casita folks.
John had made the following upgrades:
1. High-lift axle
2. LED lights
inside and out.
3. EZ window rain guards.
4. Calmark trailer cover.
5. Orbital Machine Works - Casita Rear Hitch Receiver
6. Orbital Machine Works - Casita Shock Kit
7. Orbital Machine Works - 3" bolt on lift kit in addition to the factory hi-lift.
8. Little House Customs - 24" double step kit.
9. Built in Progressive 30 amp surge protector.
10. Upgraded Progressive 45 amp 3-stage power converter.
11. Custom closet.
12. Numerous cosmetic and electrical
modifications inside the rig.
John was so gracious and he did the following:
1. He threw in the tug hitch, anti-sway bar, and weight
2. My DW and I don't own a vehicle to tow the Casita yet, so John delivered it to us (235 mile trip, one way) today and parked it in our driveway!!!
3. He delivered it already winterized!
4. He took the time to give us an orientation to our new to us Casita.
5. He and his wife even left us a wonderful congratulations gift in the Casita.
6. Has made himself available for future questions.
7. Has encouraged us to attend a rally
in April, so we can meet again to help further orient us to the Casita.
LOL! If all companies offered the customer service that John has shown Laura and I, all of us would be happy campers.
Looking forward to seeing John again and meeting his wife in April at the rally
OK, I have a confession. . .a cold front moved through today and it was chilly outside. My brother-in-law and his wife came over to see our new Casita. Laura and I were out in the Casita drinking coffee and thinking about our future adventures. The next thing I know, all four of us were in the Casita. The four of us have known each other for 35 years since we were teenagers and here we are sitting in our Casita sitting in our driveway gabbing like we were teenagers again!!! Lots of fun.
I would also like to thank all of the wonderful folks on this forum that have helped us with our questions and musings over the last three months. By the way, the questions and thoughts will not stop. Time to get serious about buying that used tug now!!!
OK, I am going to make my first attempt at sending a picture or two!!!
Laura and Dean