We have our first FG rig!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 PM   #1

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
We have our first FG rig!!!

Hi All,

After catching the RV bug 14 months ago, focusing on small travel trailers the last four months or so and discovering this website on 8/1/15, my DW and I purchased our first FG rig today. We are the VERY PROUD owners of a 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe. If you would have asked me over the last several months, I would have told you that we would get an RV in 10 years at retirement, then 5 years after our youngest graduates from college, then 2 years once we downsize. Nope. Too many people, including many of you shared how it is important to get started asap. "Get out there and get camping!!!" Even two months ago, I would have said we were two years away. I am pleased to be wrong and, as of today, be the happy owners of a Casita.

We found it on this website at the end of October and bought it from John Busch who purchased it new in 2005 from the Casita folks.

John had made the following upgrades:
1. High-lift axle.
2. LED lights inside and out.
3. EZ window rain guards.
4. Calmark trailer cover.
5. Orbital Machine Works - Casita Rear Hitch Receiver
6. Orbital Machine Works - Casita Shock Kit
7. Orbital Machine Works - 3" bolt on lift kit in addition to the factory hi-lift.
8. Little House Customs - 24" double step kit.
9. Built in Progressive 30 amp surge protector.
10. Upgraded Progressive 45 amp 3-stage power converter.
11. Custom closet.
12. Numerous cosmetic and electrical modifications inside the rig.

John was so gracious and he did the following:
1. He threw in the tug hitch, anti-sway bar, and weight distribution system.
2. My DW and I don't own a vehicle to tow the Casita yet, so John delivered it to us (235 mile trip, one way) today and parked it in our driveway!!!
3. He delivered it already winterized!
4. He took the time to give us an orientation to our new to us Casita.
5. He and his wife even left us a wonderful congratulations gift in the Casita.
6. Has made himself available for future questions.
7. Has encouraged us to attend a rally in April, so we can meet again to help further orient us to the Casita.

LOL! If all companies offered the customer service that John has shown Laura and I, all of us would be happy campers.

Looking forward to seeing John again and meeting his wife in April at the rally.

OK, I have a confession. . .a cold front moved through today and it was chilly outside. My brother-in-law and his wife came over to see our new Casita. Laura and I were out in the Casita drinking coffee and thinking about our future adventures. The next thing I know, all four of us were in the Casita. The four of us have known each other for 35 years since we were teenagers and here we are sitting in our Casita sitting in our driveway gabbing like we were teenagers again!!! Lots of fun.

I would also like to thank all of the wonderful folks on this forum that have helped us with our questions and musings over the last three months. By the way, the questions and thoughts will not stop. Time to get serious about buying that used tug now!!!

OK, I am going to make my first attempt at sending a picture or two!!!

Thank you,

Laura and Dean
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #2

Kentucky
Registry
Wow, I just changed my profile from "RVer wannabe" to 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe. That felt good!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:17 PM   #3

Kentucky
Registry
This is a picture of Laura and I with John (seller).
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-21-2015, 11:22 PM   #4

Kentucky
Registry
Happy owners!!! BTW, Gibbs (the Maltese) approves as well.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #5

Kentucky
Registry
Another happy owner picture!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-21-2015, 11:34 PM   #6

Kentucky
Registry
OK, figured out how to upload pictures, but only one at a time. Last picture tonight. I will try to figure what I need to do to send more than one picture at a time.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Congratulations John and Laura on your new to you Casita. It looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-22-2015, 12:20 AM   #8

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Good for you, Dean! And Laura! That was fast. Now you can take all of the time you need to get a good tow vehicle. You might even want to borrow someone's car to go weigh the trailer so you know the situation better. All of your research paid off.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:14 AM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi All,
After catching the RV bug 14 months ago, focusing on small travel trailers the last four months or so and discovering this website on 8/1/15, my DW and I purchased our first FG rig today. We are the VERY PROUD owners of a 2005 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe. If you would have asked me over the last several months, I would have told you that we would get an RV in 10 years at retirement, then 5 years after our youngest graduates from college, then 2 years once we downsize. Nope. Too many people, including many of you shared how it is important to get started asap. "Get out there and get camping!!!" Even two months ago, I would have said we were two years away. I am pleased to be wrong and, as of today, be the happy owners of a Casita.
1. High-lift axle.
7. Orbital Machine Works - 3" bolt on lift kit in addition to the factory hi-lift.
11. Custom closet.
2. My DW and I don't own a vehicle to tow the Casita yet, so John delivered it to us (235 mile trip, one way) today and parked it in our driveway!!!
7. Has encouraged us to attend a rally in April, so we can meet again to help further orient us to the Casita.
LOL! If all companies offered the customer service that John has shown Laura and I, all of us would be happy campers.
OK, I have a confession. . .a cold front moved through today and it was chilly outside. My brother-in-law and his wife came over to see our new Casita. Laura and I were out in the Casita drinking coffee and thinking about our future adventures. The next thing I know, all four of us were in the Casita. The four of us have known each other for 35 years since we were teenagers and here we are sitting in our Casita sitting in our driveway gabbing like we were teenagers again!!! Lots of fun.
I would also like to thank all of the wonderful folks on this forum that have helped us with our questions and musings over the last three months. By the way, the questions and thoughts will not stop. Time to get serious about buying that used tug now!!!
Laura and Dean
Good job Dean, looks like you got a nice rig with a lot of upgrades you'll like. John sounds like one great guy that wanted his egg to go to someone that would love and enjoy it like he did to deliver it that far.
As far as partying with old friends in your new egg in the driveway......aren't we all teenagers at heart? Biggest thing is, you've just started to make memories.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:57 AM   #10

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 17B Sold 5/2016
Washington
John and Laura congratulations on your new Casita. Nothin' says ya can't camp in your driveway and learn all about your new egg while lookin' for a tug.
2012 4Runner Ltd
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #11

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Congratulations. I know your feeling. My "new" little Scamp is at the RV repair shop having it's propane system checked over and a couple of minor electrical problems taken care of. Miss not having it in my driveway to go out and sit in. :-) Might be after thanksgiving before they get it back to me, they are taking most of this week off - how dare they!
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #12
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Congratulations Dean and Laura! A great looking Casita has just become a part of your life. We can't wait to hear about your new adventures.
Also congrats to all of us, our little fiberglass family has officially grown by two new owners!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:25 AM   #13

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Oh what a great looking Casita!!

Now you can go start making memories!
In actuality, you already have
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #14

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Looks like you scored big time!

Best wishes on finding a tow vehicle so the travel and fun can begin.

By the way, we had friends over last night and we sat in our trailer on the driveway and shared a bottle of wine.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #15

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Congratulations Dean, Happy Camping. Looks like a great Casita with lots of nice mods.
Sounds like you really lucked out with the sellers too, people who own Casita's are usually very nice LOL.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #16

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Congrats!
Old 11-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #17

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Congratulations, a lovely-looking rig, all the best!
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:31 PM   #18

Name: Doug
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft.
Missouri
Eyour new Casita

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi All,

We found it on this website at the end of October and bought it from John Busch who purchased it new in 2005 from the Casita folks.

1. High-lift axle.
11. Custom closet.

Looking forward to seeing John again and meeting his wife in April at the rally.

OK, I am going to make my first attempt at sending a picture or two!!!

Thank you,

Laura and Dean
Congratulations on your new to you Casita. We just finished our first year in our new to us Scamp 16. We love it and have made many changes to it to make it ours. We go to Kentucky Lake campground a lot! Hope to meet you there.
Flyboyscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 06:35 PM   #19

Name: Nancy & Dan
Michigan
I love how everyone here gets so excited for new people. Great group!
Nancy from MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #20

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I do beleave this Great Group has just added another wonderful/great family to our great big fiberglass family!
Congrats on a wonderful find and Happy Camping!
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote