We just purchased a 2004 13' scamp---13' vs 16' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #21

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
Hi all

I have the 13' Bigfoot. One of my friends has a 2011 16' Scamp, he was new to trailering. We went to our dry camp site, and all is good. The next morning, my wife Karen, and I were invited to a pancake breakfast, there were 3 of us seated at the table. Ricks wife Linda, was finishing getting the last of the pancakes to the table. as she was setting the plate of the wonderful looking food on the table, ( she was not seated), the trailer started to rotate on the wheels, to where the rear bumper wanted to come to rest on the ground. The hot pan came sliding off the burner, all the plates, and other breakfast items also found the back of the trailer with us as well. ( the hot pan was stopped at the vertical supports) We are all trying to catch as much as we could that was running down the table top, which we were also trying to escape, by moving toward the front of the trailer. The eggs including the egg we were sitting in were returned to their proper footing. ( no pics available). Rick read about putting down the rear stabilizers, he could not seem to get them to function, so he thought he would work on them in the morning, when he could see what he was doing ( in the light of day, but not in the light of forethought. All things turned out well. We had a very good breakfast in the end. ( Which was no longer on the ground)! His first shake down cruise! YMMV (Per Donna speak)

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #22

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
That's a pretty funny description of a near capsize. Keep the sulfa and the dressings handy.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp