We just purchased a 2004 13' scamp---13' vs 16' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Very interesting thread. Can't buy feng shui by the running foot. I have been in a Boler 13 that felt spacious and several front bath 16' Casitas that decidedly did not. There are physical limits to how much stuff you can crowd into any space and I think the omission of a plumbed toilet and shower on a 13" platform should be acceptable to those of sufficient speed and agility to use the "necessary" elsewhere.

On the flip side from the utility of a given room or space is the psychology of enclosure. Windows bring the outside in and also remove the wall from our consciousness. Less partitioning into smaller rooms makes a common room with sight lines more comparable to those we normally experience in one room of our homes.

I like our front dinette and windows on both ends. I also like our side bath and a couple extra square feet to put it in. If it feels like a cozy berth, it's big enuf.

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #16
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Originally Posted by Richard Hayes View Post
That's just how we are with our Trillium, 'cept ours is the 4500- we actually have
two outlets and FIVE 12v lights

Double the number of outlets (2) and 3 more 12 v lights - this is getting complex...lol...
I s'pose I shouldn't even admit to the fact that it also has a 12v outlet inside...

Twenty-first century, here I come!

Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
I think the layout of any particular length is a factor in how 'large' a trailer feels. Some Scamp 16s have a wide aisle, front window and a small rear table all contributing to an open look and feel.

The Parkliner's high ceiling also provides an open feeling even though it is 15' feet and not 16'.

I've been in Scamp 13s that felt crowded and close due to layout and user style. In summary I think it's not just length but layout and some measure of owner style.

One of the major benefits of fiberglass rallies is the opportunity to experience multiple solutions and layouts. Sort of like living many trailer lives in a week.
Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #18
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I love my 13' egg

Can't wait til the weather gets warmer ( and snow melts ) to go camping!!!
Chuck n Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #19
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
We have a 2004 13D front bath which has just about everything found in a home,let alone a larger trailer. Love it!
Smaller doesn't necessarily mean spartan.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #20
Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
... Can't buy feng shui by the running foot. .........
I think I'll start a collection of Rabbitisms. This is a keeper.
UHaul and Burro owners, join the UHaul Campers on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/529276933859491/
Thomas G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #21
Name: kenny
Trailer: Bigfoot 13'
Hi all

I have the 13' Bigfoot. One of my friends has a 2011 16' Scamp, he was new to trailering. We went to our dry camp site, and all is good. The next morning, my wife Karen, and I were invited to a pancake breakfast, there were 3 of us seated at the table. Ricks wife Linda, was finishing getting the last of the pancakes to the table. as she was setting the plate of the wonderful looking food on the table, ( she was not seated), the trailer started to rotate on the wheels, to where the rear bumper wanted to come to rest on the ground. The hot pan came sliding off the burner, all the plates, and other breakfast items also found the back of the trailer with us as well. ( the hot pan was stopped at the vertical supports) We are all trying to catch as much as we could that was running down the table top, which we were also trying to escape, by moving toward the front of the trailer. The eggs including the egg we were sitting in were returned to their proper footing. ( no pics available). Rick read about putting down the rear stabilizers, he could not seem to get them to function, so he thought he would work on them in the morning, when he could see what he was doing ( in the light of day, but not in the light of forethought. All things turned out well. We had a very good breakfast in the end. ( Which was no longer on the ground)! His first shake down cruise! YMMV (Per Donna speak)

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
That's a pretty funny description of a near capsize. Keep the sulfa and the dressings handy.

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote