We leave Monday FEB 5th. For Florida then north and west toward home doing a 3 month trip. We are starting out driving to Portland and then will take the coast down to S CAL then turn East and camp along the way.
I would like to thank everyone with all of your advice it was a great help buying the trailer and doing some work on it.
OK what things helped:
1) Books taking lonely planet USA, Wrights books east and west, Woodalls tent camping (new 2007 out $10.95 with shipping) and Colemans camping guide.
2) I went with Verizon cell phone.
3) Shorten my electrical
cord for more storage under bed and use an extension cord.
4) Went with prodigy brake controler and got all the wiring done.
5) tomarrow I take the trailer and TV to get weighted. Hope we did a good job loading.
6) Hid all the sharp knives (see if we still like each other after 3 months in SCAMP)
To all who sent us info we will try to reach as many places of interest as possible ( hope to see DonInChatt).
So if you see a green Toyota T-100 towing a 16 foot SCAMP
with bikes on the back wave.
We will try to keep all 6 wheels on the road and great outlook every day.
Thanks DAVE & SHARON THARP Palouse WA