We'll be meeting Gina!! - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #1

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
We'll be heading for Show Low, AZ on Monday moring. Plan on picking up Parris Pacer on Wed. morning complete with all the instructions we most certainly will need! Packing is going slowly--house looks like a tornado hit!

After getting the camper we will head to Gina's camp and stay Wed. and Thurs. night. She told me which spot to ask for so we can pratice "backing". It looks like a beautiful camp.
Friday morning we head to Tempe, where a friend lives------for a fun visit, then Sat. morning it's back toward Omaha, NE (probably at a snail's pace.)

Not taking the pugs, which is a really sad deal, because this whole vacation week was supposed to be about them---going to 4 Paws Kingdom in North Carolina. Now, they're not going anywhere! Decided NOT to take them to AZ. We'll have much to do and learn, and it's HOT (no a/c in camper yet.)

Speaking of which, my hubby (you remember---the guy who wanted nothing to do with this deal)--is getting excited! He said he wants to paint the camper red, put in a 50 inch TV, and take it to Husker games! I told him to get HIS OWN CAMPER!!!

He has rigged up a neat "portable" air conditioner we saw on YouTube. An ice cooler with ice, cut a lid from foam insulation, cut hole in lid for fan to blow INTO the cooler, cut hole for PVC curved pipe coming OUT of the top. You turn on the fan, it blows the air over the ice and comes out the pipe. Don't know how it will do in AZ, but it's better than nothing! (Gina's camp is high enough, it's pretty cool there--just didn't know about the trip home.)We're taking a fan run by electricity and one battery operated.

Well, better get back to packing. Thanks to all who have helped us start this journey. I'll take pics and let you know how it all went!

Vickie

WT heck???? Just heard there's a hurricane heading toward Mexico---rain expected in the AZ desert next week! And so it begins---those lasting "fun" memories!!! Breathe, Vickie, Breathe!!!

Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Quote:
He has rigged up a neat "portable" air conditioner we saw on YouTube. An ice cooler with ice, cut a lid from foam insulation, cut hole in lid for fan to blow INTO the cooler, cut hole for PVC curved pipe coming OUT of the top. You turn on the fan, it blows the air over the ice and comes out the pipe. Don't know how it will do in AZ, but it's better than nothing! (Gina's camp is high enough, it's pretty cool there--just didn't know about the trip home.)We're taking a fan run by electricity and one battery operated.

Vickie
Good luck with that! Keep us posted!

Old 08-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #3

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Cool! Fun trip!

I have camped numerous times in my station wagon (not "fun" camping but just camping on road trips because I detest motels), and sometimes it can be hot. Especially if I'm someplace where I don't really feel comfortable having the windows open (or it's too noisy to do so).

I was camping for two weeks in Florida while I took a class there (also in the station wagon because I did not have my Boler yet), and in desperation ran over to Wal-Mart and picked up a small battery-powered fan in the camping section. It worked really well and lasted the whole time (I would get cooled down by about 3 a.m. and shut it off then).

It's a great "semi-permanent" solution. Especially for about $15 plus a handful of batteries. I keep it in the car all the time now, just in case.

Raya
Old 08-29-2009, 05:09 PM   #4

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
pack an EZ Up! We have had downpours everyday.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Cool! Fun trip!

I have camped numerous times in my station wagon (not "fun" camping but just camping on road trips because I detest motels), and sometimes it can be hot. Especially if I'm someplace where I don't really feel comfortable having the windows open (or it's too noisy to do so).

I was camping for two weeks in Florida while I took a class there (also in the station wagon because I did not have my Boler yet), and in desperation ran over to Wal-Mart and picked up a small battery-powered fan in the camping section. It worked really well and lasted the whole time (I would get cooled down by about 3 a.m. and shut it off then).

It's a great "semi-permanent" solution. Especially for about $15 plus a handful of batteries. I keep it in the car all the time now, just in case.

Raya
Dang, Gina!

Can I have your autograph?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #6

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
as long as its not on a check!