We're back - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(

Yes, you never know about us. We are now the proud owners, once again of a Casita. Since I started on this Web site, several years ago, Shirley and I started with a 17 foot Casita Freedom Deluxe, Sold it, bought a 21 foot Bigfoot, sold it and bought a Park Model trailer at an RV Resort in Mesa, AZ, and now we just sold the Park Model this past Wednesday and on Thursday, bought a 2006 Casita 17 foot Liberty Deluxe from a sweet couple in Mequite, Nevada.

We loved the Bigfoot but thought we'd be more "snow-birdy" than we were and that's why we sold it and bought the Park Model. However, we are just not using it enough to justify the annual costs and still have itchy feet and love being able to travel with our own "cabin" when we do. Lordy, I hate hotels.

We wanted the smaller trailer for just traveling and this time we wanted a Liberty for the twin bed feature and will be making it a lot like Jim & Carol Upton's unit. I've already been in touch with them and they've sent a bunch of pictures.

We just got back from all the driving last night and I'm tired so this is all for now. One thing I'd like to see (and maybe a search will show it) but what are people doing these days about corner leveling jacks on the Casitas? I hate those stabilizers and will do something that I can spin down with a cordless drill. I put auto scissor jacks on my other one. I do have the high lift axle so have more clearance on this one.

Bye for now,

Keith & Shirley

Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hellooooo again, Keith & Shirley. One just can't shake that 'glass attraction, eh? Continued safe journeys and happy trails! Perhaps our travel paths will cross in the future! Take care, L 'n d

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” A. Einstein
David & Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / Infiniti SUV
Geez, Keith, just when Joyce asked me why I don't go out and look for a Bigfoot like Keith's or Mike's. (Not about to do that!)

Now I know why I haven't heard from you in a couple of days---you've been out and about creating your own Stimulus Package, huh?

Now that you're back in the Casita fold, Don Reilly is hosting a Casita-Colorado rally in May.
George Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Welcome back to the fold! . Within a recent topic on scissors jacks, I posted info and a link to the Bal Stabilizers. Maybe you'd rather just read the entire topic tho: Scissors Jacks - Bal Stabilizers
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner

I used this one on the rear of my Casita. It has a telescoping channel that reaches all the way across so it does not have to be attached to a cross member. That way you can put it farther forward for a better departure angle. I even left the existing jacks and installed this ahead of them. It's just bolted to the frame.

Don't make the mistake I made, though. Under the theory that bigger is better, I bought the 24" size. It was too long for my frame width. Luckily, I have a friend and neighbor who has a cutting torch, a welder and talent. He modified it to fit. Buy the 20" size.

Does your dog still think he's not a poodle?

Hugs to Shirley.
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM   #6
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Hi, Keith! Welcome back! We missed you!!
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #7
Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Glad to have you back! Congratulations on your new trailer!
1979 Boler B1300 | 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | We officially have a collection!
Lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Thanks for the good words, all of you.

Morgan, Jake knows exactly who he is, but he just has trouble remembering. He's getting deaf and blind too. Poor little guy, he's winding down a bit, I'm afraid. Shirley returns hugs.

Donna D, thanks for the BAL lead too. It looks like the way to go, and like Morgan said, the shorter ones would be best I think.

George, it's always a trip around me, cause you never know what I'm liable to do. Keeps life exciting.

Hope to meet up with all of you someday this year. I'll post pictures as I get them.

Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote