We're New (and inexperienced) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2007, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi all,

We're a small family of 3 who will be picking up our first ever travel trailer, a 1976 13' Trillium, on Saturday, Nov 3rd and we'll probably need all the help we can get from all of you seasoned pro's in the years to come. So Hi.

I'm hoping I can fit it into our underground parking, (the wife is the only person on the garage committee in our building and it was voted unanimously that we are allowed), I just need some exterior measurements if you have them.

I will be getting some Vertglass (and probably a trailer dolly to park the thing), and go to work on the exterior finish. (Yes, I have been lurking the Forum - but lurk no more)

We live in Vancouver, Canada

Hope to see you around.

Paul, Danielle and Brandon (6.9yrs)
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome aboard. I hope you get all the info you need.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
welcome to the site
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Hi all,

We're a small family of 3 who will be picking up our first ever travel trailer, a 1976 13' Trillium, on Saturday, Nov 3rd and we'll probably need all the help we can get from all of you seasoned pro's in the years to come. So Hi.

I'm hoping I can fit it into our underground parking, (the wife is the only person on the garage committee in our building and it was voted unanimously that we are allowed), I just need some exterior measurements if you have them.

I will be getting some Vertglass (and probably a trailer dolly to park the thing), and go to work on the exterior finish. (Yes, I have been lurking the Forum - but lurk no more)

Hope to see you around.

Welcome Paul, Daniella and Brandon (soon to be 6.10)
Hope to see you if your ever in New England

Gerry the Canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:05 AM   #5

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Welcome. You have made the correct choice in getting a fibreglass trailer, and the Trillium is a very good one. My only regret is that I did not figure it out earlier, and picked up a trailer while my kids were smaller. We would have spent a lot more time camping. Sorry I can't provide a height measurement, hope it fits.
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Welcome, Paul, Danielle & Brandon, and congratulations on finding your new-to-you Trillium! You will find loads of knowledge & cammeraderie among the wonderful folks in this site. We wish you safe journeys and many, many happy memories. Think about attending the 2008 Oregon Gathering next July, and perhaps our travel paths will cross in the future. Happy Holler-we'en to all. L 'n D
Oh, yeah ... we LUV pictures!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Hi Paul, and WELCOME!

I live east of Vancouver and own a Trillium. We are looking to downsize and move into a townhouse WITH attached double (minimum) garage. We VERY quickly learned that the Trillium will NOT fit under a regular garage door frame, meaning either we find a place with an 8 ft doorway or find alternate storage. Remember too that the Trilliums are taller than Bolers are, OFTEN necessitating OVERHEIGHT VEHICLE status for many ferry crossings. Any other questions PLEASE feel free to ask anyone on here.

YOU are all more than welcome to attend our semi-anual Glass Egg meetat The Fort campground in Ft. Langley this May. See elsewhere on this site for further details, K????
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #8

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Hi!
Welcome here. We just recently bought a '76 Trillium (had a '75 in the early '80's when the kids were little and just loved it). I believe the Trillium ext. height is 7'4" (if the trailer's tires are the standard 165 x 13 size). We did store our first one in my Mom's underground parking for a short while. Enjoy!
WriterGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi all,

Hope to see you around.

Hi: Last year I couldn't spell Bowler... this year I own one Inexperience is just some job you haven't done yet...so enjoy but watch out it's infectious!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07 AM   #10

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hey, Thanks for all the well welcomes.

Well, we got it and named it, (don't ask, I had nothing to do with that part but she has plans for leopard print cushion covers).

We're tickled pink and avocado green about getting it ready for the spring season together. Thanks for the invites to the camp outs, I think we'll be attending. I have some general questions but will ask in the appropriate thread.

Here are some 'before' the polishing images, (it was raining so it looks shiny already which is a good sign but when dry the oxidation makes the green look almost white)

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0691.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	10831
Me and Guac, (needs a front cover)

Name:	100_0695.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	10832
Brandon loves it

Name:	100_0699.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	10833
"the rig" (more sensible than we are)
Paul McEwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:57 AM   #11

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Nice looking Trill - and tow rig
Ours has the front bathroom closet, so my husband gallantly sleeps in the Astrovan and leaves the bed inside for me and our daughter. Actually, I think he prefers it, so he can listen to the radio.
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:06 PM   #12

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
(the wife is the only person on the garage committee in our building and it was voted unanimously that we are allowed)
It makes me think of the British Sitcom: Are You Being Served? and Mrs. Slocombe's declaration that, "I am unanimous in that!"

Welcome!