We've almost stopped crying - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Those who've met Roy and myself at either Emily or the '06 PEI meets will know that our dog Molly was pretty much attached to the hip of one or the other of us at all times. If you met us, you met Molly. And she loved camping and all of you very much.
This is just a quick note to let you all know that Molly passed on just before Christmas so you won't be able to be sure it's us in the next campsite by identifying her wagging tail.
Suffice to say, we are devastated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Notice.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	11223
Attached Thumbnails
PEI_.JPG  
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
This is just a quick note to let you all know that Molly passed on just before Christmas.
Suffice to say, we are devastated.
I wish to offer up my condolences for your loss. Having experienced similar loss in the past, I understand how difficult it is for you now. Peace be with you.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
I am so sorry for you. It's tough to lose family. Especially at this time of year.Our Holly says you can give her a hug if you're near our trailer, she has plenty of love to go around.
Jim and Joan
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I am terribly sorry for your loss. I hope that your grieving will be swift and tolerable, so that you may someday find a new friend to share the obvious love that you have to give. (No animal is ever attached at the hip unless it knows it is loved.)
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:50 PM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
You have my sincere sympathy.

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:54 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
All of us animal lovers that have had to say goodby to a furry friend because of sickness can feel your pain. It is so hard! The tears will come as you think of Molly and she is not there to greet you, etc. Just know that you helped ease unbearable pain of cancer in her body.
I too put down an 11 yr old dog just a week before Christmas. The pain you feel is fresh in my mind as well.
One can not imagine the pain of loosing a close doggie companion unless they have one themselves and have been through it.
Not much one can say except so sorry for your loss, but that doesn't even begin to help ease the pain for you.
I hope you have a good year ahead and when ready for a new furry friend, know that Molly would want you to have another buddy to share life with. She would not want you to be lonely.
Thanks for sharing your sadness with us. We care!

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #7

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We are so sorry for your loss - It's so very hard to lose a pet. They are real family members.

We had to put our 14 year old cat "Toni" down in 2002, just shortly after we purchased our Casita.. She went on three trips with us and she was so much fun to have with us. Our daughter kept wanting us to get another kitten but we were sure that wasn't going to happen soon. We felt so bad when we lost Toni.

Last year Cori surprised us with an 8 week old kitten "Jerry" for our birthdays. He is the love of our life now and we always thank Cori for our fantastic gift.

We never met Molly, but your post tells how much you really loved and miss her. Maybe someday we will meet and your heart will again be filled with love for another pet that needs a warm, loving home.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Furkids bring joy to our lives without needing a college education!

My condolences.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:11 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
thats right four legged kids dont make us pay college tuition. Yeah we spoil ours as much as we can, so we dont have any regrets when they pass. I'm sure everyone else does too.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #11

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Dear Carol Ann & Roy - we add our heartfelt condolences to those already posted, and we, too, pray Molly will send you another furkid to love when you are ready. When we had to say goodbye to Dave's beloved 14-yr old Pit Bull (I know, but THIS gentleman was a poster boy for all that is GOOD in the breed) Dave said 'no more dogs - it's too hard." We had already lost my last Rottweilers and I never thought about life without a canine companion. The healing took a long time, but was ended when "Niner" sent "Ms. Minnie" the Daschuahua to us. She must be what happens when one washes a Pit Bull in hot water ... the result is 15 lbs. of adorable attitude! Minnie & Mr. D are 'joined at the hip' too, and we are enjoying every minute of sharing life with this little busy-body. May you take joy from all the memories. Wishing you good things in the New Year. L 'n D

p.s. Gina - reading "The Rainbow Bridge" nearly does me in every time.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:21 PM   #12

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
p.s. Gina - reading "The Rainbow Bridge" nearly does me in every time.
As it does me. I truely beleive when I shuffle of this mortal coil, I will be bowled over by a herd of phenomenal degree.

Bayng Beagles, an aussie keeping everyone in line, a Springer pointing, cats trying to trip me.. I remember ALL of them.

I have a different memento that I purchase after each ones passing, something that "They" speak to me and say "That is me, Mommy".

On one side of my house are all their tags and licenses, like a giant memorial. These tags will be moved into the Burro if/when I finally make the leap to full timing.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:43 AM   #13

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Thanks everyone for your kind words. Just when we thought we were getting through the intense stage of mourning, the New Year's holiday seems to have brought it all back with a vengeance.
The Rainbow Bridge -- it's the sentence "His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers" that gets me every time. Always has.
We're going to have to have another, it's the only way to shift the focus.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #14

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I add my condolences too.

It's hard to lose a pet especially one that is so bonded to you. I was surprised when I lost little Mitzi 3 years ago that it was only a few weeks later when Lily can into my life. Quite a shock to go from an 18 1l2 year old couch potato to a 8 week old puppy bouncing off the walls. Lily was definitely a God's Sent.

We'll think the best thoughts for you while you get through this difficult time.

Lily adds her condolences too.
Attached Thumbnails
131_3123.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #15

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
So sorry to hear of your loss. The tears will return many times, but the sharpness of the pain will slowly lessen. I lost my pal in July and the tears are never far away still.

You can never replace such a friend of course, but a new pup can help direct that love and compassion.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 AM   #16

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
I also am sorry for your loss. I'm in tears from reading this. I have also lost many good buddies over the years. It is my hope also that they will be there waiting for me when I go home. There is no love like the love of a faithful cat or dog. They love you unconditionally.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote