wee dogs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #21

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
What creative ways you have all found for enjoying the time spent camping with furbabies. I really appreciate all your thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

Jim - the photo of your dog is wonderful!

Bobbie - Your description of Corgistyle Cat's Cradle is priceless.

Joy - I'm thinking you treat your furbabies VERY well!
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #22

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Speaking of furbabies:

How's the lambing goin', Hazel?

I'd sure love to see some pics of those little critters- which I'd like to say can have no equal in the cuteness department, after my Grandkids, anyway...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #23

Saskatchewan
This is my latest 'lamb'. This makes grandude #6 and one grandolly. The four footed furbabies haven't met Sawyer yet.

He sure is hanging on to Grandad with his wee fingers. Looks like he has many worries and concerns!
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0778_edited-1.jpg  
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #24

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Yeap, I do treat my furbaby well. I'm not one for tying my dog up unless I have to, so I make different yards for her.

Say the pens would be good for taking Sawyer along camping when he's up and walking or any one of the other 6, if they are little and need containing. He's cutie. He is probably contemplating how he's going to twist you around his little finger.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #25

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Cool wee dogs

Hi Hazel,
When we were at Bolarama 2006 at Maple Creek it was incredibly hot and no wind. We found our aging (13 y.o) dalmatian was not coping well with the heat, so we filled a spray bottle with cold water and broke up a few ice cubes into it to keep it cold. We spritzed her down regularly with the cold water to help keep her comfortable. With a few shots for Rose and I too. They can't take off their fur coats too readily. Happy trails
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #26

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Lindsay View Post
Hi Hazel,
When we were at Bolarama 2006 at Maple Creek it was incredibly hot and no wind. We found our aging (13 y.o) dalmatian was not coping well with the heat, so we filled a spray bottle with cold water and broke up a few ice cubes into it to keep it cold. We spritzed her down regularly with the cold water to help keep her comfortable. With a few shots for Rose and I too. They can't take off their fur coats too readily. Happy trails
Good idea. In the summer we carry ice cubes and feed them to our Greyhound. They really cool the core temperature effectively.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #27

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel in Sk View Post
This is my latest 'lamb'. This makes grandude #6 and one grandolly. The four footed furbabies haven't met Sawyer yet.

He sure is hanging on to Grandad with his wee fingers. Looks like he has many worries and concerns!
Now, THAT is one cute baby! Y'all must be bustin' with pride...

Per the "baby lambs" question, in case you think I've lost my marbles or something:

I must have mixed you up with a different member who posted recently while sitting out the spring lambing in her Scamp, it being closer to where the action was than the house. And while I'm sure her "new babies" are cute, they couldn't possibly hold a candle to yours!

Francesca
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #28

Saskatchewan
More good ideas about pet care!! I love this generaous sharing of learned wisdom.

I was a bit puzzled Francesca - but fortunately the word 'lamb' has room to include more than one type of baby! I wondered for a moment if you were anticipating some photos of my little white and fluffy - lamb like - furbabies.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM   #29

Registry
Well, now that you mention it, Hazel...where are the Pup Pics?

Here's mine, in a typical pose tryin' to deal with the conditions I subject her to when traveling: this one's called "sudden temperature change, but we're not going home yet" ......

Francesca
Attached Thumbnails
A drink of REALLY hard water.jpg  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #30

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
My camping buds include 2 basset hounds. Ideally I use a long leash reaching from a tree opposite the Scamp extending back and ending at my door. No tangles and easy for a quick tie out if needed during the night. I have a coupler that allows two dogs on one leash. A few feet apart but not enough to tangle. Picture a "y" shaped system. Dogs connect to the top of the "y", tail of the "y" tied to a tree. And since they're usually both vying for a spot next to me, leashed close to each other works :-)

For cooling down, I freeze those soft sided bottles and place them where they can lie next to or on them.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #31

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 19
California
Keeping pup cool

Bought one of these a few years ago. They work quite well for those times when a little extra cooling is needed for pup, but you're not running A/C. Also adapted it for a 2" hose so I could direct the air flow. You do need to buy the right size ice chest, and of course have ample ice available. Have also seen DIY versions.
Portable air conditioning - 12 volt - air conditioners - Evaporative coolers
Attached Thumbnails
KoolerAire_Cooler.jpg