we'll be comin round the Mountain soon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 1973Playpac&1960Yellowstone
Florida
Cool we'll be comin round the Mountain soon

We are heading out sunday the 12th for the Smokey Mountains,to see the fire flies at Elkmont campground tues and wed.then going to familly reunion at Misty River Rv park just down the road from there for week,then who knows where we will go next the wife is off for 2 weeks starting sunday morning.We will be traveling in our newly rebuilt 1973 Playpac that we purchased 29 days ago.I had to completely gut the interior and start from scratch.we have a 24ft Yellowstone 1960 trailer named BooBoo and figured if we take it on this trip it will cost $700 dollars for gas roung trip.SOOOOO I worked on this trailer everyday 8 or 10 hours a day to get R ready for this trip.well it aint all done but it will do for this trip.I hope to see some other "Glass Jars" out there in our travels.of course we hope to some "Tin Cans" 2,Jim&Donna&BooBoo&Yogi&Pic-a-nic Basket
Attached Thumbnails
100_1825.jpg   100_1822.jpg  

olhippiejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Nice looking truck,great trailer also.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #3

Florida
Thanks Man 1955 3/4 ton 235 6 cyl. 3 on the tree long bed,my Harley fits in the back
Old 06-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #4

Name: Meghan
Trailer: Play Pac
New York
Registry
Lookin forward to seeing many photos if your camper... Had mine for almost 2 weeks now. Can't wait to get it on the road and do some camping and photos!!!
Meghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #5

New York
Registry
Ps... I used to ride an 83fxdwg loved that bike... When it ran
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #6

Florida
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
Lookin forward to seeing many photos if your camper... Had mine for almost 2 weeks now. Can't wait to get it on the road and do some camping and photos!!!
hey Meghan are you going to be using your curtain clips that slide on those old tracks?We are needing some to finish our resteration and can't find the exact same kind any where.what part of upstate ny are u from I grew up in Vestal ny just east of Binghamton.we will be taking lots of photos on our trip for sure.here is a couple I took today of the inside.we dont have the shower like yours or the hot water heater and just have the ice box.we enjoyed seeing your pics.Jim&Donna
Ps our bike is a 94 dyna wide glide
Attached Thumbnails
100_1826.jpg   100_1827.jpg  

Old 06-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I love your trailer names!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #8

New York
Registry
We are using the clips on the curtains, but I will keep an eye out for more as I go to the local rv place this weekend. I am in between Albany and Cooperstown. I guess mine is in all original condition and I can't way to camp on it!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #9

New York
Registry
Ps great bike!!!!!! Get some pics of that too!!!! I think I like you already.... You have good tastes!!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Jim here in York, Pa where the Harleys are assembled and you can take a tour of the plant daily. Hey, Meghan, we are having a rally here in the Poconos, July 15-17th and would love to have you, we already have 19 members attending, Bolers, Scamps, EggCampers, Burros, you would be the first Play Pac. Lil snoozy will also be there. If you are interested pm me or look under the rally list, hope to see you.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #11

New York
Registry
Awwww....I love the Poconos...used to Play paintball there.Thanks for the invite. I would love to attend, but I have a photoshoot in Salem Mass. that weekend. Please keep me posted on other happenings in the area...this is all new to me.
Americade in Lake George this weekend for all the bikers out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jim here in York, Pa where the Harleys are assembled and you can take a tour of the plant daily. Hey, Meghan, we are having a rally here in the Poconos, July 15-17th and would love to have you, we already have 19 members attending, Bolers, Scamps, EggCampers, Burros, you would be the first Play Pac. Lil snoozy will also be there. If you are interested pm me or look under the rally list, hope to see you.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #12

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Raz and I were on the road from a NC, VA, MD, PA, NY, and back to VT camping trip mid-week and saw many bikes (and bikers ) on the secondary roads. We were wondering where they were heading ... and now we know! I hope it's drier at Lake George today than it is here in central VT

Quote:
Americade in Lake George this weekend for all the bikers out there
Old 06-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #13

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Megan, I have been searching firglassrv for the photo of the inside of your trailer and finally found it. I want a clock that looks like a lantern like you have hanging on the wall of your trailer. Where did you buy it? Thanks, Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #14

New York
Registry
me??? lantern????
Old 06-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #15

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Marg, I have one of those Coleman lantern clocks. I got it last year at Big Lots for about 7-8 bucks.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #16

Quote:
me??? lantern????
Sorry Meghan, guess I was mistaken about the pic of the inside of your trailer. Anyway, someone already responded to my query. Thanks anyway. Marg

Lizabeth, thank for the information pertaining to the lantern-clock. I'll try to fine one. Marg
Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Marg,
I think you saw it it post #6 in this thread.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
Sorry Meghan, guess I was mistaken about the pic of the inside of your trailer. Anyway, someone already responded to my query. Thanks anyway. Marg

Lizabeth, thank for the information pertaining to the lantern-clock. I'll try to fine one. Marg
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 AM   #18

New York
Registry
Play Pac curtain clip option?

I saw some curtain clips. Not the same as in the play pac, but they either 1might work or 2 you can check out the manufacturer to see if they make them
Attached Thumbnails
photo(52).jpg   photo(54).jpg  

Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #19

Florida
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marg View Post
Megan, I have been searching firglassrv for the photo of the inside of your trailer and finally found it. I want a clock that looks like a lantern like you have hanging on the wall of your trailer. Where did you buy it? Thanks, Marg
Hey Marg that picture is the inside of our PlayPac,we got that lantern clock at wallmart awhile back.We are in the smokeys with our Playpac right now and enjoying every minute of it,Jim&Donna
Old 06-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by olhippiejim View Post
Hey Marg that picture is the inside of our PlayPac,we got that lantern clock at wallmart awhile back.We are in the smokeys with our Playpac right now and enjoying every minute of it,Jim&Donna
Hey, thanks for your information. I'll try your source. Just want to thank everyone on this site. You are wonderful and so our fiberglass rvs Marg