Well I'm committed now - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2017, 01:05 AM   #21

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursorock View Post
I relate to the post as my wife and I were all set on getting a bigger Airstream for our next trailer. Had a 2009 Basecamp that I highly modifiied and have enjoyed the size and ease of getting away on a weekends. It was time for something four season and more comfortable. Problem was that we usually boondock and the vast majority of trailers we considered are not really designed for being off grid for long periods. I was looking at the forum and found a comparison of an Oliver to a 23 foot Airstream. My interest was peaked and onto the Oliver website I went. Well a review of the trailer and options had me wanting to see one. Oliver set up for a view outside the Seattle area and off we went. Several hours with an Oliver owner and his wife looking over every inch and compartment had me convinced that this was the trailer for us.
We have ordered a Legacy II and almost every option offered. Delivery is next July based on our schedule and we will be going cross county to Hoenwald from Seattle. There are a few Oliver's in the Pacific Northwest but they are rare and I was surprised at how few are actually produced. The rate for 2017 will be about 125 of mostly the 23.5 foot Legacy II.
For people that have not seen one or taken time to visit the web site I would add that the quality and attention to practical good design were almost shocking when we saw the trailer. I just did not see anywhere that Oliver skimped in order to lower the cost. That in turn leads to a trailer that by exiting fiberglass trailer prices makes it significantly more expensive.
We are excited to get it and start our retirement.

Mark & Sally
Just read your post and congratulations on getting your Oliver . We have personally got to check out 2 Olivers and we agree with your assessment of the Oliver . The thoughtful design and quality when you personally get to see one in person is unbeatable . You are right no scrimping for Oliver . Very exciting times for you both . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig1 View Post
Well I found the TV I wanted. After much research and looking at some of the places I want to go I chose the 2018 Chevy 2500, 4WD, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab, Work Truck package. The reason for the diesel is simply the turbocharger. At higher elevations a naturally aspirated engine just doesn't operate well.
A great TV matched up with a great trailer
You didn't cut any corners with either one !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote