Well I'm committed now - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #1

Name: Ray
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (Pick up in April 2018)
South Carolina
Well I'm committed now

My wife and I took a two day road trip to Hohenwald TN to visit the Oliver Camper manufacturing plant. Very impressed and more importantly my wife fell in love with the Legacy Elite II. She picked out colors and I picked out the options I wanted. Made a down payment and got a delivery date of April 2, 2018. Was given a very through tour and explanation of the build process by our guide. Very satisfied with the customer service and the plant floors commitment to a quality product. Now I just have to settle on a tow vehicle and I'll be set.
MrBig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #2

Name: skalywag
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
Registry
Congrats

Ray,
Congrats on your soon to be Ollie! We picked our LE1 up last July and we do love it. They tow very well, but take your time and get the correct TV.
Cheers
skalywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Congratulations. If you want somewhere nice to stay for the first couple of days, I would recommend Henry Horton State Park, in Chapel Hill TN (about an hour away from Howhenwald).
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
MrBig1, Ray,

Congratulations!

Happy waiting & planning over the winter--
Happy trails ever after.

BEST
Kai
Old 11-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
WOW!! That is so cool! Remember when you get it, we love pictures!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Congratulations, Ray! They are beautiful trailers- more like a yacht on wheels than an RV. Time to start planning some trips!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #7

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig1 View Post
My wife and I took a two day road trip to Hohenwald TN to visit the Oliver Camper manufacturing plant. Very impressed and more importantly my wife fell in love with the Legacy Elite II. She picked out colors and I picked out the options I wanted. Made a down payment and got a delivery date of April 2, 2018. Was given a very through tour and explanation of the build process by our guide. Very satisfied with the customer service and the plant floors commitment to a quality product. Now I just have to settle on a tow vehicle and I'll be set.
Congratulations and I sure envy you . We feel the Rolls Royce of fiberglass trailers . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #8

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
committed now

Well many or maybe most of us involved with fiberglass trailers should be committed but that is another lengthy subject. Congratulations. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:24 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Oliver will more than likely pay his first couple of days at the "Fall Hollow" Campground a few miles out of Hohenwald right off the Natchez Trace Pk. We were just down that way this week to ride the "Trace" on a beautiful fall ride. There was a new Oliver camped there.

This gives the new owners a chance to familiarize themself with the trailer and debug it. If there's a problem a tech can fix, he will run out and take care of it. If it's more major, it's only a few miles back into Hohenwald to the factory. And again, if I'm not mistaken, the factory will pay the first night or so.

We toured the factory back in May- I own a Scamp but live 30 miles from the Oliver factory, go figure . Wonderful tour and a great factory that builds high-quality trailers!

They are DEFINITELY the "Airstream" of FG trailers. In fact, I'd rather OWN one of these than an Airstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Congratulations. If you want somewhere nice to stay for the first couple of days, I would recommend Henry Horton State Park, in Chapel Hill TN (about an hour away from Howhenwald).
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: MrBig1... I probably should have been committed too... cause once you are infected with the "Fiberglass flu" there's no known cure except ownership!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM   #11

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Ray, congratulations to you and your wife on your new beauty! We love the Oliver and I'm certain you'll be happy.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #12

South Carolina
Thanks guys and gals

I was sold simply by the web site description but, the wife not so much. When she saw how they are put together and saw the finished product that's when she bought in. I mean to spend a lot of time in this thing. You know the saying "Happy Wife Happy Life". If that's true then I got it made. lol Honestly, I was going to just check it out, she made the decision to buy. Thanks for the well wishes. Already looking forward to meeting like minded camper folks.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #13

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Good for you! May you have many happy days in your Oliver!
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #14

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Congrats Ray on your Oliver, Maybe you'll want to come to the Spring Fling in New England Rally, next May 17 - 20. Check out the Rally forum for details and join the other Oliver trailers that came last year.
Many happy miles ahead for you!
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #15

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Congrats to you guys! We looked at one at a fiberglass trailer rallly...WOW! That is our HEY WE WON THE LOTTERY TRAILER. To us it was like looking at a beautiful woman. You couldn't stop looking at it.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:13 PM   #16

Name: Mark
Trailer: Bigfoot on order
South Dakota
We joined you in committing to an Oliver

I relate to the post as my wife and I were all set on getting a bigger Airstream for our next trailer. Had a 2009 Basecamp that I highly modifiied and have enjoyed the size and ease of getting away on a weekends. It was time for something four season and more comfortable. Problem was that we usually boondock and the vast majority of trailers we considered are not really designed for being off grid for long periods. I was looking at the forum and found a comparison of an Oliver to a 23 foot Airstream. My interest was peaked and onto the Oliver website I went. Well a review of the trailer and options had me wanting to see one. Oliver set up for a view outside the Seattle area and off we went. Several hours with an Oliver owner and his wife looking over every inch and compartment had me convinced that this was the trailer for us.
We have ordered a Legacy II and almost every option offered. Delivery is next July based on our schedule and we will be going cross county to Hoenwald from Seattle. There are a few Oliver's in the Pacific Northwest but they are rare and I was surprised at how few are actually produced. The rate for 2017 will be about 125 of mostly the 23.5 foot Legacy II.
For people that have not seen one or taken time to visit the web site I would add that the quality and attention to practical good design were almost shocking when we saw the trailer. I just did not see anywhere that Oliver skimped in order to lower the cost. That in turn leads to a trailer that by exiting fiberglass trailer prices makes it significantly more expensive.
We are excited to get it and start our retirement.

Mark & Sally
Ursorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Congratulations on your new Oliver . No one is ever disappointed when they choose the best and the Oliver is at the top of its' class.
As Donna D would say " Go make Memories "

Good Luck and Happy Holidays
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #18

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
One listed on this site
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ded-82718.html
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #19

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBig1 View Post
Well I found the TV I wanted. After much research and looking at some of the places I want to go I chose the 2018 Chevy 2500, 4WD, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab, Work Truck package. The reason for the diesel is simply the turbocharger. At higher elevations a naturally aspirated engine just doesn't operate well.
Attached Thumbnails
20171108_091105.jpg   20171108_091144.jpg  

20171108_091121.jpg  
Old 12-02-2017, 11:17 PM   #20

South Carolina
I would like to thank all the folks who wished us well. Really looking forward to seeing you on the road somewhere out there. This is my retirement rig. The wife and I want to head west and see our great country. Time a'wastin'.