Went 2 the Darkside - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #21

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
They are so busy finishing their plant I think that is taking all their time. You must have missed my post last week saying Nichola's Grandfather passed away and they were closed for a few days. Probably the best way to get a hold of them is by phone and Nicholas did say he is sooooooooo behind on email right now.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #22

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Yes, Lil Snoozy is doing great. You can read my saga here as to why I've had to delay delivery of my little Egg.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nts-46296.html
Milissa, I missed that. Like they say, life is what happens when you are making other plans. Well Melissa, don't worry, the fat lady hasn't sung yet. I started my full-time Airstreaming lifestyle over 13 years ago. And about the time I bought my trailer, I had two contracts broken, then the economy changed, then the culture changed, and I am still staying in one location. But...life goes on and I am still enjoying the ride, like you with your kids. There is so much of life ahead, so tell your daughter to just enjoy it and to enjoy her new teeth. She will be so glad she got that taken care of sooner than later.

In the past 13 years of waiting, I have changed and so have my plans. That is why I am thinking of selling the Argosy and going fiberglass!! What a concept. Where I used to look forward to lugging around a 32', 7000 pound trailer, now I'm thinking for me, somthing smaller and lighter weight might be nice.

Wally Byam started out wanting folks to get away from home and hit the road. His first few caravans were open to everyone. But they became so popular that he eventually had to limit them to Airstream trailers. So other folks began organizing caravans too. Soon, people all over the country were finally getting out and on the road. So don't go away. Make the best of what you have and tell your daughter to enjoy her new smile. Keep on the journey.

(And check out my new blog)

Don in Dallas

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #23

Thanks Don! At least we now have the T@B so I can still make memories with my girls and have a fun trip to WY rather than a drive 700 miles a day, go to sleep in a motel, get up and do it all over again 3 days in a row. Now we can take our time, do side trips or whatever suits us. I feel Blessed Ed has given us this opportunity!

On another good note, it looks like the insurance company is going to cover all but $100 of the extraction costs so when the braces go on 2 weeks from now I'll get to work on submitting letters etc saying this is not cosmetic and see how much of the braces I can get covered. Thanks e'body for the info and encouragment.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
It's nice to see a happy ending! It should be about the camping (and the associated good memories) and not so much about the trailer. Hope you have lots of safe and excellent journeys.
Mike Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM   #25

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Is Lol Snoozy still in business? Have they been delayed or what???

Inquiring minds want to know.

D*
I inquired about a Lil Hauly, and Nicholas wrote back that the plant was up and running! He gave me a quote on the cargo trailer. I think it's too high priced for my taste... an empty shell for almost $9,000 when I can get a boxy trailer for $2500, it would take me at least 6 or 7 years of gas savings to pay the difference. I had been hoping for more like $5000 or $6000. I guess finishing out a Snoozy interior must not be as expensive as I'd imagined.

Melissa, so glad to hear the good news about the insurance covarage. But now does that give you second thoughts about a Snoozy order?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:05 PM   #26

Hi Mike! I think I didnt word my post correctly. I meant the insurance is covering all but $100 of the EXTRACTIONS only. I still have to try and get them to see the braces as necessary to correct bite issues and not "cosmetic".
Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Fun flower box under the window Here Just go to page one to see all the others
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #28

That is toooooooooo cute!! And I so have my sites set on one of those "Add-a-Rooms" for sure. More than doubles the living space.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #29

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
The whole campsite is your living space. Of course, if you mean mosquito free living space, now that's different!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #30

Trailer: 1976 Surfside TM14
i saw a video on the tab, on youtube some time back, but it was narrated in german and it origins came from east germany. even if you cannot understand german, the little clip on this type of trailer is very informative.
KLAUS TIEKENHEINRICH is offline   Reply With Quote