Went 2 the Darkside - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Went 2 the Darkside

Hello E'body! Well, I got a trailer which is in perfect condition and needs nothing other than a window AC before my trip. I had to cross over to the Darkside to do it though, lol. I purchased Ed's Little Orange Tab. He is bringing it to me next month when he comes to FL. The offer was too good to pass up! Me and the girls can sleep in the King bed just fine and on the rare occasions Hubby comes along we'll work something out. There looks to be plenty of space on the floor for my oldest and my little one can sleep with us. Or maybe I can rig up a window A/C for the minivan as well and put a futon matress in the back for the kids. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it but right now this is the perfect trailer for my WY trips in the summers. I'll post pix other than what is in my Avatar. Oh, we've already named it! It's the T@b-U-Later!

Thanks for all the help and support. I hope I'm still welcome and still plan to be an Egg Owner it just wasnt meant to be for now.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hey thats great and congrats on totally T@b-U-Lar, just kidding. The whole point is to get outdoors and have fun right, and yes, you are always welcome here. Happy camping!
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
YAY, Melissa!

My Dad has a T@b and really really likes it

Happy trails!
Maggie
Old 05-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #4

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
hey Melissa......

Hey.....I certainly don't know a lot about campers....but I did look up what the Tab was........they are really nice! The newer ones are a bit expensive...and I believe they don't make them any more....but everyone that has them seem to enjoy them. Anyway, Congrats!
Send photos when you can!
Lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Hello E'body! Well, I got a trailer which is in perfect condition and needs nothing other than a window AC before my trip. I had to cross over to the Darkside to do it though, lol. I purchased Ed's Little Orange Tab. He is bringing it to me next month when he comes to FL. The offer was too good to pass up! Me and the girls can sleep in the King bed just fine and on the rare occasions Hubby comes along we'll work something out. There looks to be plenty of space on the floor for my oldest and my little one can sleep with us. Or maybe I can rig up a window A/C for the minivan as well and put a futon matress in the back for the kids. I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it but right now this is the perfect trailer for my WY trips in the summers. I'll post pix other than what is in my Avatar. Oh, we've already named it! It's the T@b-U-Later!

Thanks for all the help and support. I hope I'm still welcome and still plan to be an Egg Owner it just wasnt meant to be for now.
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Good for you. Those are very nice campers. Big bed and nice windows. As I recall they are European design and they are assembled under license here by Thor. There is at least one Yahoo group for questions. We expect to see pictures when it arrives. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #6

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Congrats, Melissa....I know how disappointed you've been that Li'l Snoozy was going to have to wait and that fiberglasser's in good shape in your price range are scarce.

Enjoy the summer travels.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Have a great summer! Whether it's an egg or not, it's creating memories with your daughters, and that's the really important item.
The Tab is a European design, sold here and manufactured here under license. I'm not sure if the license was extended. Friends of ours had a Tab, and loved it. Hope you do too, and don't drop out here.... Camping is camping.
Congrats.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:36 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Congratulations Melissa, we are all happy and excited for you. Delivered and everything, wow! Tabs are way cool looking. You'll have fun traveling with it. And, um, welcome to the dark side, he he he...

I read recently that the rights to T@b trailers were purchased by Little Guy Trailers (makers of small teardrops) and they are supposed to start building Tabs this year.
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:12 PM   #9

Thanks Guys! Glad to know I'm still welcome. Always and "Eggy" at heart, lol. Looking forward to seeing my new toy in person! I've joined the Yahoo T@b group but sure have a hard time searching for things in that format. I much prefer the ease of this forum!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
I hope I'm still welcome and still plan to be an Egg Owner it just wasnt meant to be for now.
Yes, you are welcome here.
You don't have to OWN a molded fiberglass trailer, but if you just appreciate the distinction between Molded Shell and Framed Sheeting; and respect people without the "Mine is best and yours isn't" mentality, I believe you'll be welcome just about anywhere.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Melissa, I found over the years it's the molded trailers that bring us together through a commonality, but it's the quality and character of the people who really matter.

Congratulations on finding something that will work for you. Let the memories begin!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #12

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Its not that Dark!
There are no sticks in the walls,just not molded glass.

I think we all appreciate the simplicity of any rig as compact and efficient as these can be.
T@Bs are full of interesting and unique features and most of all you can be camping right away.
It's funny when things just fall into place and your door closing on Lil Snoozy made me think of you in the T@B.
Like I have told you once I found I needed to be back in Florida within a few hours of you the possibility just sort of screamed to me!

I imagine we will be upset if you do go away.
Plus that T@B Yahoo Group is tough to navigate and the more ideas the better.

Now if you can be OK till I get there?

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #13

Boy I dont know Ed if I can keep from driving e'body crazy waiting for our T@B, LOL!!! I've watched nearly all the youtube videos on them and have been reading posts like crazy! I've picked out a new comforter, curtains, plates etc. You see I've already added it to my Avatar.

The way this all fell into place I figure it was meant to be! I'm so happy you gave me this opportunity.

I'm not going anywhere, I've made too many friends here. I hope to join in on a Rally sometime soon.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #14

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
A friend of mine has a T@b and loves it. I like the orange, its really cute, and you'll have fun with it.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #15

If Little Guy really does start building these again then maybe accessories like the screen door and add on tent will be available as well. That would be great!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #16
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hey, Melissa. Some of my best friends have a T@b. Sorry the Li'l Snoozy didn't work out (yet), but as Frederick said, this website is for anyone with an interest in small molded-fiberglass travel trailers. I look forward to hearing about your travels to WY!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #17

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
I think those T@bs are cute as a button! How wonderful Ed thought of you and was willing to part with his!!!

You go girl!!! Have fun!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #18

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go
Congrats, Melissa....I know how disappointed you've been that Li'l Snoozy was going to have to wait
Is Lol Snoozy still in business? Have they been delayed or what???

Inquiring minds want to know.

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #19

Yes, Snoozy is doing fine

Yes, Lil Snoozy is doing great. You can read my saga here as to why I've had to delay delivery of my little Egg.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nts-46296.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Is Lol Snoozy still in business? Have they been delayed or what???

Inquiring minds want to know.

D*
Old 05-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #20

Name: mr. smyth
Trailer: burro
Florida
SORRY TO HEAR you are not getting a SNOOZY because you kept all of us informed on what the company is doing . Seems they can not or will not take a minute to inform us ,and /or answer e-mails to the company... I was hoping to see something on their website??? Is this good PR???
smyth is offline   Reply With Quote