Were missing (car + trailer) in Kouchibouguac, New-Brunswich - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-31-2017, 06:29 PM   #1

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Were missing (car + trailer) in Kouchibouguac, New-Brunswich

Someone in our group was robbed this afternoon, Monday, July 31, time to go to the beach.

Were missing (car + trailer) in Kouchibouguac, New Brunswich, Kelly beach, Monday July 31 between 1 pm and 4:30 pm. Boler 73 interior redone.

Little family that had gone to Kelly Beach, no longer have any personal effects, etc ...

Camping Kouchibouguac, New-Brunswick :
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Par...!4d-64.9277924

Volkswagen black 2014 W04 FQN. Boler white plated RG4470H. She was seen in New Brunswick in the corner of Escuminac at 4:30 pm on Monday, July 31st. Share, especially if vs have contacts from that corner there. Thank you!

This is the only photo I have for now:
Attached Thumbnails
Stéphanie Bourgeois.jpg  
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:59 PM   #2

Quebec
Registry
Here are two pictures of the interior of the stolen trailer :
Attached Thumbnails
intérieur -1.jpg   intérieur -2.jpg  

Old 08-01-2017, 04:52 AM   #3

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
YIKES!!!! Lock everything it looks like. I hope everyone is accounted for!
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 AM   #4

Quebec
Registry
See the Facebook page of the person who has been robbed, the car, the trailer with all their clothes for the holidays, many personal memories like travel journal photos souvenirs with children ...

Imagine coming back from the beach with the kids and there's nothing left for you, no personal effects.

If you have contacts in this part of the country, please share this info.

https://www.facebook.com/stefanie.bo...nf&pnref=story

Thank You,
Old 08-01-2017, 07:36 AM   #5

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
This is TERRIBLE! I cannot imagine how they must feel. Hoping everyone is okay and that the person who did this is found, along with their car and trailer!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:44 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Hope it is recovered quickly with no damage and the perpetrators are caught!
Old 08-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #7

Quebec
Registry
Every effort is made to find it.

By finding it with all the possibilities that social media put at our disposal, it will perhaps dissuade other thieves from doing this kind of action.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #8

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
Shared with family and friends from NB on facebook.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #9

Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Shared with family and friends from NB on facebook.
Thank you very much for your help to Stefanie Bourgeois and her family.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:19 PM   #10

Name: Barbara
Trailer: CASITA
Maryland
Stolen Auto and Camper

What a horrible thing to have happen. What should we do? What safety and security products can we purchase so this doesn't happen to anyone else? Even staying in a gated camping area is no guarantee the same thing could happen to any of us. So sorry for the loss. Please someone let us know if and when the auto and camper are found. SAD!!!
Love Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:05 AM   #11

Quebec
Registry
They were not on site at the campground. They were simply stopped at the beach of the campsite to enjoy the afternoon at the beach, before going to fix their installation after swimming.
The beach is a 30-minute walk from the campsite,

They appeared in the CTV News :

Quebec family has car, trailer stolen while staying at N.B. campground | CTV Atlantic News

But this parking for the beach is about 15 minutes with a car from the park exit :

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Plage...4!2d46.8138452
Old 08-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #12

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
This points out an interesting issue. It was apparently pretty easy to break into the trailer, and the keys to the tow vehicle were found inside. Never leave your tow vehicle keys in the trailer while you're away.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #13

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Wow! That's awful. I feel so sorry for them. Sure hope the thieves get caught! Good reminder about leaving keys to your vehicle in your trailer. And I NEVER leave my driver's license or credit cards in the car in a parking lot. I always take them with me even if we're just going for a short hike. Pretty easy to stick them, along with some cash, in a pocket.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I hope they are able to find their trailer and vehicle quickly. It is such as shame that this happened to them.

I think most people when traveling tend to hide out spare keys someplace on a vehicle or trailer. I don't think it is a terrible idea. However you should put them into a compartment that is invisible and difficult to find for someone who breaks in. Even in a tiny trailer you can find a means of creating such a compartment. Don't just toss the spare keys into a drawer or put them on a hook in the cabinet.

magnetic secret latch ..I would modify the magnet handle to create a better disguised version of it that would not look out of place in a utensil drawer.
Magnetic Secret Latch - Lee Valley Tools
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #15

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Camping View Post
What a horrible thing to have happen. What should we do? What safety and security products can we purchase so this doesn't happen to anyone else? Even staying in a gated camping area is no guarantee the same thing could happen to any of us. So sorry for the loss. Please someone let us know if and when the auto and camper are found. SAD!!!
1. They make heavy duty chains you can thread through one of the wheels and axle, making the trailer immobile until the chain/lock is cut.

2. If you have dual axles, they make wheel chocks that fit between the two wheels, add a good lock and the trailer is immobile until the lock is cut.

I use both products on long term situations, really a PITA for any short term storage.

Now going to such an extreme when you are just parked on the street for a few hours is unrealistic.

Chain requires a high quality padlock as well.

https://www.amazon.com/ABUS-14KS-Sec.../dp/B005UMCCZO

https://www.amazon.com/BAL-28010-X-C.../dp/B001V8PRAS

You tube video on a two foot chain, you will need the six footer for an RV.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:04 PM   #16

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
One of the best theft preventions is your neighbors. Get to know your neighbors so that they know who belongs with your rig and who doesn't.
Three things I always do.
First -- Use a Bal Wheel Leveler on the low side wheel which ends up cradling the wheel making it harder to move the trailer. Stabilezers are in place again making it harder to move the trailer.
Second. -- The trailer is always unhitched from the tow.
Third -- All the keys are in my pocket.
Fourth -- I know who my neighbors and they who I am.
I do lock the hitch on the trailer with a lock in the place of the ball and a lock on the latch.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:28 PM   #17

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
Locking it up!

A chain is easy to cut with bolt cutters. Use a heavy braided cable, plastic-coated. Cable is VERY hard to cut as it moves and squirms around!
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #18

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
I am saddened about this happening--mainly because it gives the province that I live in a biggggg black eye! Someone--we don't know who--stole this couple's vehicle AND Boler. Today, the vehicle was found not far from where they were reported stolen, burned out. The Boler is still missing...leading one to assume that it was the trailer that was the attraction. And the keys were, as earlier mentionned, apparently stored in the trailer. As were their wallets, passports and other valuables. Whether or not the trailer was locked was not mentionned in the story, but one can only hope that it was. The CBC story states that the woman's wallet was found nearby, with ID intact but credit cards missing. Passports were also found.

This weekend there is a large gathering/rally for all kinds of molded fiberglass trailers being held in Abrams Village, on the Island (PEI). You can only imagine that the police might receive numerous calls of "sightings" as we see lots of these small trailers on our highways, in transit to the rally. After all, to the uninitiated, they all "look alike".

I hope that there is a somewhat happy ending to this story but in all honesty, my gut isn't feeling it, after today's find.

They were simply visiting the beach, within a National park!!! Sure they shouldn't have secured their valuables in their trailer. But I've done it a million times and even though I "think" my hiding place isn't easily found, I can only hope.

I will keep my eyes open while on the highways this weekend--a long holiday weekend here in New Brunswick. And to anyone who may also be in my neck of the woods, please do the same.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #19

Quebec
Registry
A word of thanks from Stephanie, for the support provided during their misadventure:

Dear Boleramians, a thousand thanks for your support. Let's keep an eye on the region and on the classifieds, but everything suggests that our beloved Boler is hidden somewhere at the bottom of a wood with villains who live in our business.
The car was found burnt. Was my logbook used to light a fire? We recovered some clothes found at the edge of the wood on Route 8 and the famous Monsieur Tsé-Tsé, which appeases the pain of our biggest and our also a little. There are dramas much worse, we are together and healthy, we continue our vacation in the hotel in a beautiful region. BUT, keep us in the group and share the good offers, we intend to re-offend! We know a lot now the Bolers, it should be faster in renos and shopping!

The original copy :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Merci pour l'aide.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	109799

The family :

Name:	Famile.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	109800

And Tsé-Tsé :

Name:	Tsé-Tsé.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	109801
Old 08-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #20

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
Small suggestion - with most newer cars having some sort of chip key, don't program you backup to the car. Get a valet or base key and put it in a hide-a-key box. If a thief does find it then the worst is they can get in, but still can't drive away.

Most times with lost keys, simply getting back into my car would solve most of my problems. Keys left in the car or getting ID/cash/credit out helps most cases. Worst case a quick tow to a lock smith or dealer could program the spare you already have.

A lot of newer cars are moving to keys that are cut and/or programmed to VIN and have to be ordered (IE: not in stock at dealer). Sometimes this can take as much as a week or more to get a key. Having a key already means just a programming and you are on your way.

Alternatively - a spare or valet key is usually smaller and can be worn on a lanyard or strap. Perfect for going to the beach. Again - don't need to be programmed, just need to be cut so you can get back into car, while the normal key gets hidden/locked away somewhere.

Hope they find their trailer in one piece and life starts returning to some semblance of normal.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote