Wet weather coming to Northeast? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #1

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Wet weather coming to Northeast?

We're looking at Intellicast, and the weather out there looks like November. Keep your fingers crossed. In the interest of positive thinking, hubby has put out our range gauge.

See the map here:

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImag...liteIR/tiw.jpg
Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Ellpea in CA... Of course it's gonna rain. We're booked into Inverhuron Provincial Pk. on the shore of Lake Huron. To make it rain for sure I washed the trailer and truck as we need the water. Last time it rained here it didn't even whet the gauge. I thought some how we'd been transported to ''Caulifornia''
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
HaPpY HaPpY! ITS RAINING here in Vancouver !!!!!! Thank you to the powers that be!

Its been a few months since we have seen rain and a couple of months since we had to stop watering our lawns and gardens so its a real GOOD thing!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #4

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Ellpea in CA... Of course it's gonna rain. We're booked into Inverhuron Provincial Pk. on the shore of Lake Huron. To make it rain for sure I washed the trailer and truck as we need the water. Last time it rained here it didn't even whet the gauge. I thought some how we'd been transported to ''Caulifornia''
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Oh, Alfred! Here with thought we'd done our part with the rain gauge, and if we were really smart we would have washed our cars and waxed the trailer!

(and because of this lapse in judgment, our rain gauge was empty when we got up)
Old 08-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #5

CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
HaPpY HaPpY! ITS RAINING here in Vancouver !!!!!! Thank you to the powers that be!

Its been a few months since we have seen rain and a couple of months since we had to stop watering our lawns and gardens so its a real GOOD thing!
Oh, Carol, please tell us it's a good rain? A lot of the right rain, and not too much of the bad rain? (fire-out-putting, but not mud-slide-flooding)
Old 08-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellpea in CA View Post
Oh, Carol, please tell us it's a good rain? A lot of the right rain, and not too much of the bad rain? (fire-out-putting, but not mud-slide-flooding)
Well are getting a bit of both.

Environment Canada has issued a Rain Warning which does not happen all that often even though we are known as the Wet Coast! A Rain Warning is only issued when short duration rainfall of high amounts of rain are expected within a one hour period. They have warned we can get as much as 40mm ( 4" ) of rain. This morning we have had short periods of light drizzle as well as a couple of major down pours lasting for short periods of time. I put my truck out in the open in hopes it would get a good wash as we haven't been able to wash vehicles for awhile either. ;-)

The concern in this area is we have had so very little rain here since January the grounds are very dry so flash flooding is a concern.

As far as the fires burning in Southern BC and Northern Washington go - they are outside the rain warning area & as far as I know they have not got much in the way of rain. Nothing but spotty light showers is in the forecast for today or tomorrow for the areas impact by the fires. But the issue with the weather change is that high winds have come into the fire zones and as a result additional home owners here in BC have been put on evacuation notice as the fires grow and the burning ash blows further. The Stick Pin fire in Washington is expecting winds up to 70 KMH. Crews on both sides of the border are working hard using bulldozers to try and built fire brakes.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #7

CA
Carol, this is so sad and ironic. The rain isn't falling quite where we need it, but the weather brings with it wind that is feeding the fires.

We really, really need a break here. I keep mentally pushing those Pacific weather fronts in toward us, will just have to work a lot harder, I guess.

Take care, and be safe up there.