What 12 volt fan? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
What 12 volt fan?

Any fans better than a Endless Breeze?

Name:   12-volt-fans.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  7.0 KB
Has three speeds and air movement of up to 1000 CFM
Low 15 watts
Medium 27 watts
High 35 watts

12 Volt fans from Endless Breeze - PPL Motor Homes
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup a Fantastic Fan mounted on the roof :-))))
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #3

Registry
Fantastic Fan
High 920 cfm 36 watts
Medium 653 cfm 27 1/2 watts
Low 478 cfm 22 1/3 watts
Old 06-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #4

Name: Dylan
Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13'
British Columbia
I'm looking for a small 12V fan (or two), but the kind you can mount on a wall or camp to something and point where you want it.

Those standing portable fan may be good in the door way or by a window in combination with a top fan to keep a good flow, but I want something I can put in my favorite spots and aim just the direction I need, up/down/left right.

I've seen little 12V fans like that at truck stops (auto parts stores sometimes have lousy looking ones), but I don't want to just get a cheap one. I want to get one with a very efficient/quiet motor, nice looking. Brush metal ideally, not cheap plastic.
dylanear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Rob
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Registry
The Endless Breeze is my pick after trying several. I find I can tolerate summer temp extremes much better with a fan pointed directly at me. When boondocking and energy conservation is a concern it uses less energy than the Fantastic Fan.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanear View Post
I'm looking for a small 12V fan (or two), but the kind you can mount on a wall or camp to something and point where you want it.

Those standing portable fan may be good in the door way or by a window in combination with a top fan to keep a good flow, but I want something I can put in my favorite spots and aim just the direction I need, up/down/left right.

I've seen little 12V fans like that at truck stops (auto parts stores sometimes have lousy looking ones), but I don't want to just get a cheap one. I want to get one with a very efficient/quiet motor, nice looking. Brush metal ideally, not cheap plastic.
I use bungee cords and aim the Endless Breeze easily hanging it from overhead in the trailer,I think it is the best fan out there.
It is also not as big as you might think,have you seen one in person?

There is also a decent fan at Walmart for under $20.00 that runs on 12vdc,either D cells in it or 12vdc thru a jack on the side. It is no Endless Breeze but is well worth the money and also easy to rig up to aim.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I prefer it with the Jalousie windows. It hangs from the frame and if you use a 1/2" piece of plastic pipe notched to fit over the legs it keeps the fan off your screen. Blows in or out. We prefer out at night. On low it could change all the air in the 13' trailer every minute.

With a port a pac battery, it keeps the humans and dogs cool outside. It stores behind the front bunk in my boler.

Camping World puts them on sale every year about this time.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
O2Cool. Walmart. About $15. Runs on 12 volts and uses less than 1 amp on high. Raz
Attached Images

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
I use bungee cords and aim the Endless Breeze easily hanging it from overhead in the trailer,I think it is the best fan out there.
It is also not as big as you might think,have you seen one in person?

There is also a decent fan at Walmart for under $20.00 that runs on 12vdc,either D cells in it or 12vdc thru a jack on the side. It is no Endless Breeze but is well worth the money and also easy to rig up to aim.
I have seen them at Central Trailer Supply in Abq. It looks great, but not really big like a standard window/door fan and much bigger than little 12V fan. Looked big enough that it would be in the way when not in use (very space challenged) and I don't have a lot of places in my 13 that seemed good for it.

A few smaller (8" or so diameter?) fans bolted to the wall or cabinetry, that could be aimed are what I'm hoping for. Two, one aimed each way would circulate the cabin air during AC or heating. They both could be pointed at me when trying to stay cool with fans only.

I have a small 110 fan I've clamped to the folded up screen door and it works great, can be used to pull air in the door or just blow air at me in the rear bed/dinette area. Two of those, 12v and made of metal or high quality plastic would be great. The one I have is cheap soft plastic. The clamp still works but has already cracked.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #10

British Columbia
12 Volt Fan | 12V Fan

Metal Blade 12-Volt Fan - Intersource Enterprises D10-123 - Fans - Camping World

Like those, but I want to make sure they are quiet, are not battery hogs, and have a wide range of angles they can be aimed.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
O2Cool. Walmart. About $15. Runs on 12 volts and uses less than 1 amp on high. Raz
This is the one I got at Walmart and it would be a good candidate I think,I like mine.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #12

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
O2 Cool comes in 2 sizes 5" and 10" I paid about $30 for the 10" at Menards. It is going on a fly in to Canada to circulate air in the cabin, Will let you know how it works.
Like Ed, I am very happy with my Endless Breeze. only Issue is that 1 screw that holds the supports keeps pulling out will just get a larger diameter screw when I have time. The 10" O2 cool is almost the same size only benefit is that it will run on 8 D batteries but that makes it a lot heavier than the Endless breeze(potential issue when hanging), to run without Batteries the adapter requires 120V. I suppose you could get a Cigarette lighter adapter to plug in and make it work that way too.
My 2cents
Michael j.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #13
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
I suppose you could get a Cigarette lighter adapter to plug in and make it work that way too.

Michael j.
That's exactly what I did. Not all that well made, yet I've had it for years. On hot nights we run it all night. My version uses less than 1/2 amp on low so it's easy on the battery. It would be expensive to run it on D cells as you need 8 of them and I doubt they would last very long. One or two nights???
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #14

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
I too have a Fan-Tastic endless breeze fan, if you want something portable they are great. I've had it for 6 years now and used it from NY to Alaska. The one from Walmart may be fine too, and for 15 bucks you really can't loose. One thing about the Fan-tastic company, they stand behind their products.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:24 AM   #15

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Any idea which stores carry O2-Cool in Canada?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #16

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
Minnesota
If you want a fan to direct airflow inside your trailer I recommend the Caframo 747. We stick ours to the fiberglass anywhere in the Scamp that we want it. We use the suction cup mount and it stays in place even while traveling. It can also be mounted permanently. Plugs into a 12 volt outlet. Really move a lot of air for its size.

Caframo - Ecofans, specialty fans and heaters, overhead stirrers

Dan
Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #17

Registry
Only 210 cfm's
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/buildin...an-193712.html