What Are You - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 PM   #21

Trailer: Trail Michigante
Quote:
Sounds interesting, your guide...what guide are you referring to?

I just Googled and discovered this gem of an internet site for "Free Campsites Guide" that I have never seen before. Is this it?

http://www.allstays.com/c/camping-free.htm

It even lists the sites by type and by a map which is immensely handy when one is planning out an itinerary!

Yup, thatzit.
Vic&Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #22

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I am mostly a traveler. The Fiber Stream is our portable motel as we use it to take our own bed with us for a more comfortable stay wherever we find ourselves. We cannot seem to get sleep in motels, and Robert can have difficulty sleeping even at home. I have decided to stop flying just because the gauntlet of airports has become problematic for me. When I was young I used to stay with relatives in their homes; even that practice is no longer viable. Dad is in a small apartment in a retirement community, my sister has a small condo. My brother is disabled and living in a nursing home.

On weekends we like to come to rallys to be amongst like-minded fiberglass folk. Whether boondocking or not, we are comfortable.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #23

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
We don't boondock at all. Most of our camping is on weekends & we prefer some of the comforts of home, like air conditioning! We have a screen room & only use the Scamp for sleeping & cooking.

Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #24

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I prefer camping with someone, sitting aroung the campfire with friends, and family. Those out of the way out in the wilderness boondocking places bother me. I would fear for my life in them out in the wilderness.
I want someone I know to be close by(security). I mainly do State Parks, or campgrounds with electricity. Don't need a sewer hookup, but do like air conditioning when it is hot out or furnace on chilly nights. I would love to travel in the south in the winter, but fear of the unknown does bother me. Therefore I would need to plan my trip ahead of time and visit a friend or go to some recommended area.
Yep, I love camping with friends or family with or without hookups. Going alone so far has not been fun.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All...so far we're travellers and need a current bush to be plugged into. Once retired that could all change!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote