What Are You - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #1

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
What are you. I am more of a traveller than a Camper. I prefer to be on the move all the time. If I want to be camping it would be with out hook ups and for a few days only,Hook ups would be used only when I had to stay in one place for a resonable long time. I consider a Rver to be one who has a RV but stays at hook ups only.

What type are you?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #2

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
all at various times.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
We're happy to dry camp at a national park "primitive" site and use our trailer as a home-base with heat and indoor plumbing, and can stay put for days until our grey or black holding tanks fill. We've hauled off to places with full hookups and used our trailer like a hotel room with a kitchenette and microwave while we go sightseeing. What we don't tend to do is stay put for weeks at a time, though we may find ourselves ding just that now and then when we retire.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 1971 Astro (ie. Campster/Hunter I)
Send a message via MSN to Harry Young Send a message via Yahoo to Harry Young
We boondock, roughing it, we go to an area we want to really explore, set up home base then go everywhere exploring an area thoroughly, we are self contained in our tiny trailer.

Harry & Kenna
Attached Thumbnails
camper_truck_williams.JPG  
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #5

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Haven't figured that out yet. We're relatively new to RVing and still discovering different things. So far ...

We've traveled over 8000 miles picking up the only two travel trailers we've owned. All of this in the course of one year. The adventure and experience of trying something new was fun. On the other hand we spent a couple of days in an RV resort near Yuma and hated it. Boring. We also set up camp (boondocked) a few times in Anza Borrego State Park and had a great time. I especially liked sitting by a campfire at night and reading a book under a Coleman lantern. The daily hikes were great too. The only other outings were for a weekend at a County park and Santee Lakes, which is a campground run by a local water district. The County park was nothing special but strangely enough Santee Lakes was fun. I enjoyed watching the families have so much fun.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 94 Casita 16 ft
As long as I'm out, it's all good. I'll be just as happy hauling the camper, or sleeping under the stars (mosquito's are much less bother in the camper). Hookup's, or not. Getting out is what it's all about.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #7

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Not so much a RVer, seldom full hook-ups here. Dry camping mostly, like public campgrounds, nat'l forest, parks, state parks and wal-marts while traveling or some free site if possible.
Free & Low Cost Campgrounds

Much like Peter stated, "We're happy to dry camp at a national park "primitive" site and use our trailer as a home-base with heat and indoor plumbing, and can stay put for days until our grey or black holding tanks fill. We've hauled off to places with full hookups and used our trailer like a hotel room with a kitchenette and microwave while we go sightseeing. What we don't tend to do is stay put for weeks at a time...."

Seldom with full hookups, happy with electric & water. Wanting to do more in place camping now that we are retired. But with grandkids in other places, we have yet to much of it.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
California
Registry
Quote:
What type are you?
We are planning to do it all. Our first trip was to a place with full hookups (Scottsdale for Cactus League games - Yes, again this Feb. or March ).

We are boondocking in a Forrest Service campground for all of next week.

The future, this spring, will be a ramble across the country SW - SE - DC - Home? It will be a combination of dry camping and an occasional RV park stop to empty tanks, wash cloths and recharge.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
We're Nike's... "Just do it!"

Over 10,000 miles on our 13 Scamp in 3 years....

2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Florida
Quote:
What are you. I am more of a traveller than a Camper. I prefer to be on the move all the time. If I want to be camping it would be with out hook ups and for a few days only,Hook ups would be used only when I had to stay in one place for a resonable long time. I consider a Rver to be one who has a RV but stays at hook ups only.

What type are you?
That describes me exactly, too! Kindred spirits, perhaps?

I just spent a few days near you in Grand Prairie, Alberta, a short time ago, towards the end of July. Beautiful area, weather was nice and cool-well, for me, at least, although most locals were complaining of the heat.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
For us, our EggCamper is a portable aptment. Instead of going sightseeing and heading home the same day, we can sleep over at our destination and spend the full weekend away. Also we can go away for a week or two, not worry about our dogs, not worry about bed bugs in hotel rooms, the high cost of hotel rooms, or eating out every meal. In short it's our "Eggscape capsule", we can go where we want, when we want at an affordable price .
Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #12

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
A little of everything but primarily for my work/hobby of Chuck Wagon cooking.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #13

Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Odem,Texas
Send a message via AIM to Phil Underwood
we use our bigfoot for all types of camping and traveling.. When we are home we are constantly coming up with reasons to go use it. Whether it be for dry camping, full hookups, ralleys, family reunions or going to motocross races
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #14

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
Quote:
That describes me exactly, too! Kindred spirits, perhaps?

I just spent a few days near you in Grand Prairie, Alberta, a short time ago, towards the end of July. Beautiful area, weather was nice and cool-well, for me, at least, although most locals were complaining of the heat.
So Close. It would have been nice to have meet you.