What are your Glass-egg travel plans for 2012? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
The Trailer Goddess an I are very familiar with North Wet Warshington and Mt.Baker highway but "Artist's Point on the Mt Baker Highway in WA" is drawing a blank. Could you please fill in the blank(s) for me as to the where abouts of this place on the highway???
Attached Thumbnails
9.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #22

Name: Stacey
Trailer: 1994 16' Scamp
Michigan
No solid plans for us yet, but I have been looking for a nice little campground on (or within walking distance) to a beach, with nice pull-through electric/water sites. We're going to try out a couple of places close to home for a few weekends (starting in May) ...then when we find our slice of heaven, we're going to park there for a week...or longer

It's our first summer with a camper, so no huge plans.
stacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #23

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The herd and I are going to Green Point camp ground in Pacific Rim national park on Vancouver island.

The ferry will be at least as much as the gas from Calgary.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
The herd and I are going to Green Point camp ground in Pacific Rim national park on Vancouver island.

The ferry will be at least as much as the gas from Calgary.

"At least as much as..."???

That implies that there is a chance that it may be less than the gas cost! Please keep that secret from BC Ferries as they are in a competition, and if they find out that one can drive here from Calgary for less than the fare to the Island, they'll have to raise their rates to get back into the lead!

Their goal is to be more expensive than the TOTAL trip costs from Montreal to Vancouver!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #25

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Summer camping plans

I want to go east on I-80 from Reno to the NV border, turn around and head back west to photograph what is left of the CA-OR pioneer trail down the Humboldt River, then take the branch highway (? number) SW to intersect I-50, then west to Carson City and then to Genoa, NV. Will be following a diary of 1853 of pioneers going west. I love history and as a historian am particularly interested in photographing historic places. That's the first trip after the weather settles in late spring. Then it will probably be back to SW Nevada to photograph that area especially around Smith Valley to add to my family history story. Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we're looking forward to the rally in kingston, ontario area in late may where we will explore the ottawa and montreal areas following the rally.
we're also planning on spending alot of time up at our riverfront property as well as a planned trip in early september to maine and then down to cape cod.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #27

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We met a Canadain at the Escapee Park and he said night ferries to Vancouver Island are half price.....

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #28

Registry
....but did they fail to mention that 'these' ferrys only go HALF WAY THERE, LOL!!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #29

Registry
...usually

....Americans (that know) come to Vancouver Island by way of the ferry from N.W. Washington to the Island. This ferry lands right smack in downtown (or is that uptown) Victoria. that makes for a shorter ferry ride and (I'm told) costs less as well....
Old 02-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
We met a Canadain at the Escapee Park and he said night ferries to Vancouver Island are half price.....
Geeezzz I wish I heard about that deal - it may have been on a few occasions but sadly if true I missed it -as a frequent user of the ferries generally BC Ferries cost the same no matter what time of day or night. They did though from time to time have what they called Coast Saver days/deals - not normally half price though - often on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday out of certain terminals at certain times of the day - often early afternoon and or last sailing at 9PM but not often if ever out of Horseshoe Bay (on the mainland) mostly Duke Point on Vancouver Island to Tsawwassen on the mainland and back. Duke Point though is currently closed for repair due to a major ferry crash so all traffic from there is going to Horseshoe Bay not sure what they may offer if anything this summer as the repairs are going to take months to complete.

The cost of the ferry from Port Angele's Washington to Victoria is indeed much cheaper if you are coming from the US or going to the US from Vancouver Island - but be warned that if going from Victoria to Port Angele's it not near the I5 and it a 183 miles from Port Angele's to Portland on a not so straight or wide road - allow a good 5 hours or more from Port Angele's to the Portland area. There are lots of great camping spots close to Port Anglele's though. Another option is the Washington State ferry from Sydney BC (just outside of Victoria) to Anacortes Washington which is much closer to the border & the I5 than Port Angele's & worth considering if you live in BC and want to go to the Island - the cost of that ferry is a bit cheaper than BC Ferries but it may be a push though if you add in the cost of gas to Anacortes from where ever you are coming from in BC. Deception Pass is a great camping park not far from Anacrotes.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote