What are your Glass-egg travel plans for 2012? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
What are your Glass-egg travel plans for 2012?

With the onset of summer right around the corner, I'm wondering what (if any) plans you may have for holidays this (spring, summer, fall) season involving your Glass Egg???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Doug, I've already got five camping trips planned with other eggers! The end of April I'll be at the Spring NOG, May at Maryhill, June brings Taidnapam and July the Oregon Gathering. I'll be camping with egg folks anywhere from two to ten nights at each. I haven't formalized the info for the Fall NOG, but it's acomin'

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
As my trailer was only put to bed 3 weeks ago for the winter I haven't gotten to far in planning this spring and summer but have the first trip plans for early April and end of April Spring NOG, a May camp out and of course the Nor-West Glass Eggs meet in Mission in June ..... still working out the details on the balance of the summer - very possible the Oregon gathering in July again as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
I'm wondering what (if any) plans you may have for holidays...
While we don't plan to be out with "The Eggstacy" over an "official holiday", I will be making up for this past dismal year (only 4 trips).
I've already been to Quartzsite for January.
February, April, May, July, and October are either booked or penciled in.
I may have to leave a month or two available for rebuilding work on the Compact Jr.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #5

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Oh boy - we were gone every month last year except Jan, Nov, Dec! This year we promised ourselves we would stay home and work on house projects - update kitchen, rebuild patio - you know, 'money pit' stuff, but if someone posts a gathering or emails and says lets go camping - hmmm - paint or camp - so, like Donna D we have already planned 5 camping trips and a sixth if it doesn't snow in February - as Wally Byam put it '...find out what's at the end of some country road, go see what's over the next hill, and the one after that and the one after that..' Life is short, let's go camping!

Happy Trails

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Doug. It's perfectly okay for this to be in General Chat - we might eventually moving it to camping/camping reports, but for now I'll bet the increased visibility of General Chat is good... thus, I gave it a more descriptive title.

As you were...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
We have never been to an Egg gathering, so wife & I will see what its all about at the April NOG. Then maybe if we like "egg-stravaganzas" we may also go to the one at Bandon in July.

For sure we will be going to a few events where the trlr is just our "hotel room" while we do other stuff

Likely my son & I will be going back to Bonneville in August for Speedweek Land Speed racing, so that will mean the trlr gets another trip WITH A GENERATOR this time to keep the A/C going!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #8

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
have three trips planned so far, the first will be the trip home from bacus with our new scamp in march to michigan.

second will be the "tulip festival " in holand michigan.

third will be to guard the sturgeon on the black river as they come up river to spawn. these fish can live 150 years and grow to 200 pounds. they are very suseptable to poachers when spawning.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #9

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Scamp Camp in Feb, Spring Break trip end of March but havent decided where, Then off to WY for the summer. After that we'll see what comes up.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #10

Trailer: Aliner
We're camping now, planning to go to Lake Seminole on the FL/GA border in Feb., Green Eggs & Ham in March, Florida in April, tentatively TN in May, NC in June, will play July & August by ear depending on weather, Sept. camping at a COE campground somewhere, Oct -- not sure where yet, but somewhere, November Florida, December Texas.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #11

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
My first outing with the refurbished Burro will probably be to the Mid Atlantic rally at the end of June, but if we get finished sooner I have some long-weekend plans to do some photo expeditions to find feral horses and ponies. Spring and early summer will include the Mount Rogers area in southern Virginia, coastal North Carolina, and/or Cumberland Island Georgia (actually Rucio will have to stay behind for that one, since access to the island is foot-ferry only).

In August my in-laws are visiting from Germany and they want to do a trip west. So we're going to take the Burro (and an extra car and rent cabins for them at KOAs) on a three-week trip and take them to the Badlands, to some mustang locations in Wyoming, Salmon River area in Idaho, then on to visit friends in Nevada before heading back east.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
Lost Maples State Park (TX) on my spring break mid March...
Northern Arkansas, probably Buffalo River and Norfork Lake in mid June...
Fort Davis State Park (TX) in August...
Somewhere Fun over Thanksgiving...

All in my not-quite-hatched Casita

Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #13

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
My teardrop trailer build was/is taking too long, and I was getting a little frustrated with myself for not bringing the task to completion. I just chanced upon my 13' Scamp last fall, and I consider myself very lucky having found one in such good shape.
This will be my first full year with LilScamper and so far I have these camping events lined up.
~ Gull Lake Recreation Area (Corps of Engineers) Campground, Brainerd, MN, mid-May with some teardrop friends.
~ Eggs at the Fairgrounds, Bemidji, MN mid-June for my first chance to meet other egg owners.
~ 3rd Annual Manitoba Rally St. Malo Prov. Park, MB mid-Aug to meet MORE egg owners in the land of my birth.
~ and lastly, Egg Fest Duluth, MN Sept 19-23 to meet EVEN MORE egg owners.
I'm hoping I can make them all!
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #14

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
For Karen M...at Lost Maples our friends Les & Jane Hall will be there again for about 6 weeks as volunteers leading bird walks & seminars. They're very good. If you're not into birds, you probably won't care about that but they're great people anyway. As for us, planning on the Camp Hale gathering, maybe others, some Michigan camping, and who knows what else?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #15

Trailer: 17 ft Casita
The wife and I will travel from Louisiana to Maine seeing sights in between. We plan on leaving early May for about 6 weeks. In September we will attend the Rivervalley Egg Rally in Arkansas. I am sure there will be a couple of unplanned trips along the way.
ben d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe (hatched June 2009)
In the next month I'm looking at going to Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge/State Park, close to Lawton Ok, next trip is Big Bend National Park, Tx.; then I am looking at Colorado, Montana, into Canada, up to Jasper and back, maybe California, Nevada, Utah, and back to Texas through Arizona, New Mexico......how much of that I'm able to execute is the unknown..... I guess that's why it's called an "adventure"...Horst
Horst K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #17

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Looking forward to a trip to Red Rock not far from Pella (iowa) They have a beautiful campground at Howell Station and hubby bow fishes and we ride our recumbent bikes on all the bike trails. It is a very relaxing week.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
First of April we're taking ours back south for a couple weeks, stopping in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. We have several other camping trips planned in the northeast in the summer, including the Adirondaks, New Hampshire, and at the beach in CT, but we alternate between using the Uhaul and our 1946 teardrop.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
My plans are to leave Oswego in early April, make a stop at Cedar Key in FL, drive across the south, stopping in Woodlands, TX to visit relatives, then on to spend some time in New Mexico. Hope to revisit a couple of places I didn't spend enough time at on my last trip in Utah & Arizona, then on to the Oregon Gathering in July and Artist's Point on the Mt Baker Highway in WA. I also plan to spend some time in the Leadville, CO area, hopefully make the 2nd Annual Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous in August. After that it is back to Oswego.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #20

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
Everybody's plans are making mine look like chopped liver!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote