What do people's kitchens look like? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #101

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
Thank you.

I put the fan case together using plastic that I had. The hole was 4x7 so I had to find fans that fit and plastic that covered. I think it looks pretty good. If I did it again, I would use more powerful fans. But I think they are very cute and they are very quiet!
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #102

California
Oh, the switch is on the side of the upper cabinet.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #103

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2006 Escape 17 B Raven and a Pearl
Alberta
here is a front one
Attached Thumbnails
pearl 088.jpg  
alan in alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #104

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
ok heres the update. had a little too much fun painting today but it looks OK. still gonna work on the fridge. may end up painting it all stainless but kinda liking how goofy it looks right now. LOL made the "table" over the stove... fits over it perfectly and will work as extra counter space when the stove isn't in use. when it is I can simply put it on the table and use it as a tray. I'm having so much fun figuring this all out
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #105

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
As long as it's PERFECT for YOU... that's all that matters. There will always be purists and always be the "wild child." But what works for you, works for us!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #106

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
had a little too much fun painting today but it looks OK. still gonna work on the fridge.
I LOVE what you've done with your fridge!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #107

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
You can Never have to much fun with what you do in or to your camper! I think it looks Great! ! ( now my DH would say ..oh no to many colors at one time) So you see like Donna says to each his own...if you love it have fun with it...just go camp.

Happy Camping...Lynn
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #108

New Hampshire
Registry
THANKS GUYS! I am having a TON of fun with it!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #109

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
You guys really have some nice kitchens, all of you. Brooke and Pam, I especially like your touches on your kitchens. So creative and practicle. I am a fan of the vintage decor for the vintage trailers, everybody is different and that's what makes the world go round. This is a fun thread.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #110

Virginia
Supports for drop leaf table

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Couple more closeups of the support.

So that is my kitchen. That counter extension has been great! When not doing the dishes or drying the dishes (The water drains into the sink.), we flip the sink cover over the sink. Our coffee pot fits between the stove and sink. Truthfully, we have not used the stove since we bought the Coleman stove. Kevin uses it outside to cook. So the plastic cover stays over the stove all the time. All covers are just cutting boards from Walmart. The support is a cut-up cutting board from Walmart with the hinge hardware bought at the local hardware store.

CindyL
I would love to know how others have supported these drop leaf tables. I would like to make one but don't want a lot of holes in the fiberglass. You certainly have a creative approach.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #111

New Hampshire
Registry
I have something similar to this.... already came installed from PO. this one is really great quality if you don't have a counter with a lip it works great. Saw it at the store the other day and considered possibly upgrading my own then realized I didn't NEED it so I chose to save the cash and get something else. Oak Accents Countertop Extension - Camco RV 43421 - Counter & Stove Tops - Camping World
Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #112

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Diane, since my trailer is a 1985, the 'vintage' touches would consist of brass trim, etched glass, colors in mauve, peach, hunger green and blue - which are not my taste. Not to mention the hair sprayed 'big hair' style and leggings. (scary) I like to do whatever fits my fancy, so I don't worry about keeping mine vintage.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #113

Virginia
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Diane, since my trailer is a 1985, the 'vintage' touches would consist of brass trim, etched glass, colors in mauve, peach, hunger green and blue - which are not my taste. Not to mention the hair sprayed 'big hair' style and leggings. (scary) I like to do whatever fits my fancy, so I don't worry about keeping mine vintage.
HA! Pam, you are funny! I am having fun with being a selective dumpster diver. So far Orange brown yellow and green Tupperware for kitchen and still using 60 year old aluminum orange web chairs. Just picked up old salt and pepper shakers for 25 cents at a yard sale, so cute! Anyway I liked the personal touches in your trailer. Fun.
Attached Thumbnails
saltpepper 001E.jpg  
Old 04-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #114

New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
HA! Pam, you are funny! I am having fun with being a selective dumpster diver. So far Orange brown yellow and green Tupperware for kitchen and still using 60 year old aluminum orange web chairs. Just picked up old salt and pepper shakers for 25 cents at a yard sale, so cute! Anyway I liked the personal touches in your trailer. Fun.

OMG funny!! your salt shaker is upside down. looks like the hunter killed himself and the deer is still free to run with momma deer (napkin holder) looking on and laughing! LOL!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #115

Virginia
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
OMG funny!! your salt shaker is upside down. looks like the hunter killed himself and the deer is still free to run with momma deer (napkin holder) looking on and laughing! LOL!
Ana, You are so right, HA! That is funny...
Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #116

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Diane, that is a SCORE! I love that kind of stuff. I am not doing a retro Burro but sometimes I feel like I need a second trailer to enact all the great ideas I have that aren't for the current trailer.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #117

Virginia
Jen, My Mom used to say, I was playing house, HA! Fun...even at my age...
Correct me if I am wrong but I recall you doing a lot of work to your camper. Excellent!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #118
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
HINT, HINT, HINT... pull the sink out if you want to change the faucet. Ask me why I know

Here's a bunch of interior pics, lots showing kitchen areas: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ors-25341.html
Love that "interiors" posting !
bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #119

California
Updated Mouse's kitchen.

I'm looking forward to the time when I come back from an outing and don't immediately tear Mouse apart. But I needed to do some serious projects like making the tail lights work - so while I had the water tank and pump out to do the wiring, I took the opportunity to rethink my kitchen.

So... Using a lot of everyone's great ideas.

I permanently removed the water tank and made a 2-3 gallon water bottle shelf to the left of the sink. Put a new faucet to the right of the sink that will work when I have city water and stay out of my way when I don't. I blatantly stole the idea for a more colorful kitchen and put a red panel where the unusable mirror had been and another to cover the holes from the last faucet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1260418646.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	45469

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1445996194.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	45470
To connect both hot and cold sides of the faucet, I made a tee in the pipe. Works great and if I ever get an instant water heater I can attach to the hot water side.

I'm taking Mouse out again next weekend. Hopefully, I am both happy with the updates and I don't see more ideas to copy.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #120

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Nice job, Brooke.

What did you use under the base for the water faucet to cover the original holes - can't quite make it out in the photo.