What do people's kitchens look like? - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #113

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Diane, since my trailer is a 1985, the 'vintage' touches would consist of brass trim, etched glass, colors in mauve, peach, hunger green and blue - which are not my taste. Not to mention the hair sprayed 'big hair' style and leggings. (scary) I like to do whatever fits my fancy, so I don't worry about keeping mine vintage.
HA! Pam, you are funny! I am having fun with being a selective dumpster diver. So far Orange brown yellow and green Tupperware for kitchen and still using 60 year old aluminum orange web chairs. Just picked up old salt and pepper shakers for 25 cents at a yard sale, so cute! Anyway I liked the personal touches in your trailer. Fun.
Attached Thumbnails
saltpepper 001E.jpg  

Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #114

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
HA! Pam, you are funny! I am having fun with being a selective dumpster diver. So far Orange brown yellow and green Tupperware for kitchen and still using 60 year old aluminum orange web chairs. Just picked up old salt and pepper shakers for 25 cents at a yard sale, so cute! Anyway I liked the personal touches in your trailer. Fun.

OMG funny!! your salt shaker is upside down. looks like the hunter killed himself and the deer is still free to run with momma deer (napkin holder) looking on and laughing! LOL!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #115

Virginia
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
OMG funny!! your salt shaker is upside down. looks like the hunter killed himself and the deer is still free to run with momma deer (napkin holder) looking on and laughing! LOL!
Ana, You are so right, HA! That is funny...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #116

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Diane, that is a SCORE! I love that kind of stuff. I am not doing a retro Burro but sometimes I feel like I need a second trailer to enact all the great ideas I have that aren't for the current trailer.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #117

Virginia
Jen, My Mom used to say, I was playing house, HA! Fun...even at my age...
Correct me if I am wrong but I recall you doing a lot of work to your camper. Excellent!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #118
bec

Name: Gabi&Wolf
Trailer: Escape 15 A
Alberta
Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
HINT, HINT, HINT... pull the sink out if you want to change the faucet. Ask me why I know

Here's a bunch of interior pics, lots showing kitchen areas: Interiors
Love that "interiors" posting !
Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #119

Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
California
Updated Mouse's kitchen.

I'm looking forward to the time when I come back from an outing and don't immediately tear Mouse apart. But I needed to do some serious projects like making the tail lights work - so while I had the water tank and pump out to do the wiring, I took the opportunity to rethink my kitchen.

So... Using a lot of everyone's great ideas.

I permanently removed the water tank and made a 2-3 gallon water bottle shelf to the left of the sink. Put a new faucet to the right of the sink that will work when I have city water and stay out of my way when I don't. I blatantly stole the idea for a more colorful kitchen and put a red panel where the unusable mirror had been and another to cover the holes from the last faucet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1260418646.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	45469

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1445996194.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	45470
To connect both hot and cold sides of the faucet, I made a tee in the pipe. Works great and if I ever get an instant water heater I can attach to the hot water side.

I'm taking Mouse out again next weekend. Hopefully, I am both happy with the updates and I don't see more ideas to copy.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #120

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Nice job, Brooke.

What did you use under the base for the water faucet to cover the original holes - can't quite make it out in the photo.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #121

California
I had some 4" hole saw cut outs. I used 3 of those to cover the holes from the original UHaul faucet and to give a little height to the new faucet.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #122

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I had some 4" hole saw cut outs. I used 3 of those to cover the holes from the original UHaul faucet and to give a little height to the new faucet.
Clever. Are the pieces wood, then?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #123

California
They are ABS plastic.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #124

Virginia
Smile Red, Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Updated Mouse's kitchen.

I'm looking forward to the time when I come back from an outing and don't immediately tear Mouse apart. But I needed to do some serious projects like making the tail lights work - so while I had the water tank and pump out to do the wiring, I took the opportunity to rethink my kitchen.

So... Using a lot of everyone's great ideas.

I permanently removed the water tank and made a 2-3 gallon water bottle shelf to the left of the sink. Put a new faucet to the right of the sink that will work when I have city water and stay out of my way when I don't. I blatantly stole the idea for a more colorful kitchen and put a red panel where the unusable mirror had been and another to cover the holes from the last faucet.

Attachment 45469

Attachment 45470
To connect both hot and cold sides of the faucet, I made a tee in the pipe. Works great and if I ever get an instant water heater I can attach to the hot water side.

I'm taking Mouse out again next weekend. Hopefully, I am both happy with the updates and I don't see more ideas to copy.
Brooke, Love the Red Color in your kitchen. Also looks like you have a little vintage coffee pot, nice touch.
Did you take your water tank completely out? Just curious about this...So are you saying you are going to put a hot water heater and new tank in at a future date? This would be nice to have hot & cold water.
I think your kitchen is becoming gourmet. You have done so much work, good job!
Each of us with more time camping, evolve our little homes to match our individual needs the best I think. Each is a little different which is fun.
I do all my cooking outdoors, and maybe heat water in the kitchen on occasion, But that doesn't stop me from admiring what others are doing with theirs.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #125

California
Thank you!

I love cooking in Mouse! I have all the tools and space I need and want.

I had planned on adding a microwave and other electric appliances but have found that I don't need them at all!

Water Tank: Took it out completely. Not planning on putting one back in. I never felt that the tank was clean inside and I couldn't drain it completely for towing. But I do like the small ones you can buy at the grocery store. So I will use those or a better quality one I have that I fill up at home and bring with me.

For hot water, I heat it on the stove. But if I find that I camp a lot where there is city water, I will look for a little tankless water heater, strictly a future concept.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #126

Virginia
Brooke, did you know those water tanks new, cost about a hundred bucks. You could sell yours I am sure. My trailer was in pieces when I bought it and the PO had taken out the tank and all the plumbing. I had to rebuild the whole thing myself. Just an FYI