What do you do when you return from a trip? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #21

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
logan...i couldn't agree more with your comment about your old pop-up! that is precisely why we got rid of ours and bought our outback. there was nothing fun at all about setting up or taking down our old tent trailer in the rain...and the dreaded repeat performance when back at home......oh my goodness, i do NOT miss that one little bit!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
When we get back, I disconnect, usually hook up to power, shut down propane, take out perishable foods, and dirty laundry.

Cleanup usually come much later for use too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I hand the keys to the chauffeur, he has the maids and the butler give it a once over, then it is parked in the front yard on cement blocks.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #24

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I like Pam clean and put away what I can while packing up at the last campsite. Once home I take out all the dirty laundry, sheets and towels, rugs and perishable foods & wipe down the inside of the fridge and **leave it open**. Vacuum the floor. If the awning and outdoor mats where put away wet I pull them out to dry. Once all the laundry is done I put the sheets & towels and rugs right back into the trailer - keep the bedding & towels in the trailer until needed in heavy plastic zip bags that bedding is sold in - that why I dont forget anything on the next trip. Nothing like arriving at a campsite to find you forgot the towels or pillows :-((

If I have time I will wash the trailer, clean inside windows if needed and fix anything that needed attention - otherwise I will do my best to deal with all that within a couple of days - otherwise I forget about it! That way it is ready to roll again on very short notice with little effort - just add clothing and food..... oh & a little wine.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #25

Name: Roamin’
Trailer: 2018 13’ Scamp Standard, formerly had a 2005 13’ Scamp standard
New Hampshire
dehumidifier

It's humid here. I plug in, and remove perishable food, laundry and clothing and anything wet, open up all the compartments, put in a small electric dehumidifier and a couple of tubs of DampRid in the closets. After last weekend I also put in some boric acid ant bait <_<
DogHaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #26

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
From past experience we tend to do "fixes" before trip. I am best motivated to finish a project that will add something to an upcoming trip, rather than after finishing a trip.

Whole point of camper was to trim load/unload process down to food and clothes. So that is our goal. However still going through process of elimination and refinement on items and their storage in the scamp.

Started an "if needed" bin for camping items that would only be needed for specific situations. Camping gear for grand kids, boondocking gear etc. Goal is to have scamp set up for us to use with least fuss but the extra stuff we sometimes need to pack in one place.

We mostly sleep in the camper not live in it. Even with a 38ft motor home we spent most of our time outside, that was and is where we cook too.

At the end of a trip we really don't want to clean, try to maintain clean"ish" while using and give it a once over before leaving with a vacuum, windows and wipe down.

Deep cleaning like a hillbilly bath is a spring and fall affair if needed or not :-)
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
It all depends. A couple things are standard. The stabilizers deployed and trailer leveled. Then power is plugged and the fridge turned on the 120Volt operation. The battery minder is plugged in. If we didn't fill the fresh water tank upon leaving our last camp site, that's done so it's full and ready to go.

If we're returning from a 3 month trip, then a through cleaning is needed, both inside and out. Repairs need to be done. After that a fresh supply of dry and canned food is stored inside. Anything that lives in the trailer that was taken out to clean is put back in. Now we're ready to put close and whatever needs to go into the fridge.

If we're just coming back from a 2 to 4 day trip, not much is done except replenish the food supply and clean clothes.

The trailer is ready to go most of the time. We can generally be on the road within an hour.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #28

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Our trailer is also kept in a RV storage lot so that entails bringing her home a day before an outting. Remove and or add anything specific for this outting. Usually just food. When we return its usually removing dirty laundry, perishable foods, clean porta pottie if not done before leaving camp. Everything is usually wiped down and stored away as part of breaking camp. Try to go thru a do it yourself car wash every other trip B 4 putting her away.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote