What do you use for a mattress - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Is there an airbed that will fit the dining area of a small boler? The seat cushons when used as a bed are lumpy and a separate foam pad is in the way when the table is set up. What do you use or how do you get by? Ive checked Wal mart and CTC. but can't find anything near three quarter bed size.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I dont think you will find any type of air matteress that will fit..Best bet it to get a good foam mattress and cut it to the shape of the cushions.... Wally World has a few choices from cheap matteress toppers, to expensive memory foam. I just got a memory foam one for $29.00 there... its not very thick so I havent gotton a chance to use it yet...The cushions on my bed are in good shape so it should work ok....

Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
We use a genuine imitation feather bed (fiber-fill) in our Casita. If we need to set up the big dinette, we roll up the "feather" bed and stuff it in the car.
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500 Deluxe / 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access cab 2.7l
I found the stock cushions not too bad but a little firmer than I like so for Chistmas Lise got me an inch and a half (quarter?) memory foam to go on top of it. Should be perfect as it is almost the same set up as my daughter IKEA foam mattress with high density foam and an inch and a half of memory foam in it.
Paddy Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
Oh I'm going to end up getting a foam pad to go over my cushions, too- I sat on the cushions in our newly aquired Scamp- and they seem a bit tired out.

I said it before- I've tried Air mattresses and really don't like them at all. I'll go thru a bit of bother for a good foam mattress! They roll up pretty nicely! I'm a person who has to have four pillows to sleep with- so as long as I lug so many pillows along- what's a foam pad, too??
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Where do you stash your memory foam pad when you set up for breakfast?
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Where do you stash your memory foam pad when you set up for breakfast?
We're using plain upholstery foam (not memory foam) on both sleeping areas in our B1700 (rear gaucho and front dinette) on top of the stock cushions (which are worn out). Both get rolled up and held in a roll by luggage straps. One stores on end at the street side of the gaucho (don't need the whole width for seating) and the other either just gets in the way in the dinette area (which is bigger than two people need) or in the Thule cartop carrier box on the van. I suppose both could go in the van, as long as we don't have a ridiculous amount of cargo.

This would not work so well in a smaller trailer with smaller gaucho and dinette areas. I hope to eliminate the use of at least one foam piece - or at least go to a much thinner pad - with the new cushions which we intend to have made this year.

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote