What happened to Happier Camper? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2015, 05:28 PM   #1

Name: Carlton
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
What happened to Happier Camper?

Thought it was on the way. Really looked like a neat concept but it must be a lot harder to make these trailers work $ wise than it seems.
CarltonC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:34 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You can ask the owner he is a member here. What made you think they are not coming?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #3

I have seen a couple or more of companies like this take off and it takes awhile and it is hard to get everything ready to go and working right. I have never seen a business start up when they anticipated they would just due to so many different factors. You can sign up at the website to get updates: The Happier Camper There is a little box in the upper right hand quarter for you to sign up to "follow".
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #4

Georgia
I wouldn't have posted this if I hadn't been keeping up or looking for news and I signed up several months ago for news. Have never heard a word. Thank you, none the less, for your informative answers.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #5

The Owner gave us a detailed update on the forum here 8 days ago. Pretty up to date if you ask me
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Yup the owner gave us an update just last friday June 5th.

The thread to follow is Introducing the Happier Camper HC1 prototype
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Hi Guys, this is Derek, im making the Happier Camper HC1.
We haven't gone anywhere! were just getting things together to produce awesome fiberglass trailers, it takes time. It really is a lot of work and a huge undertaking, by far the biggest project of my life, but im loving it! The HC1 is better then i could have imagined, and i have taken the trailer on many "product testing" trips We have just finished our secound prototype trailer.
Things have taken longer then anticipated to go from prototypes into full scale production with delays in components, factories and materials mostly. We plan on sending a mail out to our mailing list soon, but in the meantime you can go visit our new website at www.happiercamper.com there is a ton of information on the HC1 there. We are working on updating to new photos so everyone can see more of the trailer, so please look for that in the coming weeks. We hope to produce our trailers for a long time, so were spending a lot of time perfecting details, please bare with us. Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help, info@happiercamper.com
Derekmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:24 AM   #8

Georgia
Thanks, I really think you are on to something with the whole concept of the modular construct. Hope you can keep the base price down as these could be wildly popular.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:14 AM   #9

Name: carleen
Trailer: On epic search for Eriba
Texas
the new info on site is great

Your new site info is great; the lists of options and graphic display of the modular fittings, along with detailed dimensions, answered a lot of questions. I was also glad to see the ramp for the back hatch.

2016/17 vacay will be California and we hope to visit your showroom!
great site access from phone. thank you!
carleene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Name: Derek
Trailer: Boler
California
Hi Carleene, thanks! i have been working hard on it for months.. Were going to update with some new photos of the more refined units shortly. The unit featured on the site is of our prototype. We will have much more details to release. Working on a few new great modular components as well. When you visit California, come by the lot and check the trailers, there is lots of great camping and parks around LA to stop in on the way.
Derekmichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper, hc1