What have we done? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
So Sad. Shirley and I just let our Bigfoot go yesterday.

We sold it to a really nice couple from Bend, Oregon and they are going to have a great time with this great trailer. As some of you know, Shirley and I have purchased a Park Model Trailer at the Good life RV Resort in Mesa, AZ and will be spending our winters down here.

We have been here since December 1 and will be going back to Aurora at the end of this month. Hopefully, that crazy winter will be letting up by then.

I fully intend to have another Casita as soon as I can ''wear Shirley down'' and find the right one to rebuild. I have always wanted to find a fixer-upper and rebuild it.

I have to say that of all the RV's I've had, I still love the Casita the best. For short trips and use traveling from point A to point B, there's nothing better. Now if I can just get Shirley straightened out----------

Still here lurking and lovin it.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
So Sad. Shirley and I just let our Bigfoot go yesterday.

I have to say that of all the RV's I've had, I still love the Casita the best. Now if I can just get Shirley straightened out----------

EKW
Keith... how long have you been together? And you STILL wanna try? You, Sir, deserve a tip of my hat!

Congratulations on your sale. The happiest two days of any RV owner's life are the day you bought it and the day you sold it!

I was really happy with my side dinette Scamp as well, but I'm not the only one to please in our family... I have to say that other than the harder towing, I really enjoy the Bigfoot too though...

Glad you're gonna stick around!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Your old is someones new.. be happy it went to a good home!

It kinda stings, I know. I just went thru this myself.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If it's what makes you happy, it's what's best. My daughter hates it when I say "Things happen for a reason," but it's TRUE. I see the perfect Casita to rebuild in your future too

So, are the new owners going to join us here at FiberglassRV??????
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:51 AM   #5

Hi Roger, thanks for the words of encouragement. We've been together 32 years and it's just another ''challenge''. She's a good-un and will work with me, I'm sure.

Gina, it did go to a new home and nice people.

Donna, the new owners already are visitors to this site and may even post one day.

See you all down the road somewhere, someday.

EKW
Old 02-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #6

Trailer: Bigfoot 21.5 ft (25B21RB)
Keith:

Congrats on your sale. I still wish you and I could have worked out a deal with my former Casita. My ten year old Bigfoot has several "projects" that need to be dealt with, your Bigfoot seemed as good as new. I'm sure you will find the fixer-upper of your dreams as soon as Shirley gets re-settled. She will want you to find things to get you out of the house. Good luck!

Dave
David and Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Keith..
wow.. congrats on the sale and going to a lovely park in Mesa.. I checked it out on line and its really nice... I might consider that in acouple of yrs... I am looking around to find my place in the sun!! They seem to have reasonable rates. I would also invest in a park model... Very reasonably priced!!!
I envy you down in that nice warm weather.....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 AM   #8

Hi David. I sure hope you didn't have too many surprises with the BF. That's always a worry with something older. As far as I know, mine was in great shape all around. There were a couple of little stress cracks and we replaced the kitchen sink faucet but otherwise it's fine.

Good luck on your unit.

Christi, GOOD LIFE RV is really a fun place and when you're ready, come on down and check it out. We will be in # 705. There's ton's of stuff to do and more party's than you can get to.

Regards,

EKW