1. Don't go somewhere you've never been before
2. Go with someone who knows trailers
3. Lots of campsites won't fit a trailer
4. Some campsites are poorly designed (driveway angle/cement posts) and make it near-improssible to back a trailer in, even if you're good at it.
5. Refrigerators don't work if the trailer isn't level
6. If you don't open the black valve under the front of the trailer, the shower won't drain
7. If you forget to hang a shower curtain, teenage boys have water EVERYWHERE and will soak the carpet outside the bathroom door
8. Two teenage boys can easily eat a prepared bottle of Bisquick pancake mix that is supposed to serve 5, leaving you with a peanut butter sandwich
9. Small messes in a trailer become big messes almost immediatly!
9. GRAY water can be emptied on the ground and it soaks in and nobody will know
10. When you go to the dump station, make sure their stinky slinky hose is firmly seated into the hole BEFORE you open the black valve--it's a HUGE mess to try and clean up if you don't catch it till AFTER you open it!
11. A 17' Casita
pulls wonderfully in the mountains
12. It is much easier to pack up and move a trailer if you have to change sites than it is to move when you're tent camping.
13. Trailer camping is wonderful!!!!!!! Already planning my next trip!