What is a Beachcomber like - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2007, 08:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Hi I just saw an add for an 15ft Beachcomber , can anyone tell me about them . Like are they as good as a Boler ot Trillum . The only one I ever saw had a rotten floor in it , is this common with them
Thanks
KLaas
KLaas Focker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 08:16 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Hi KLaas,

Here is a bit of info on them from our albums Beachcomber.

There are a couple folks with them here. They can give you intimate details if they see this.

Rotten floors are not unique to any one model, I wouldn't hold what you saw against the brand. Any trailer with a wood floor that isn't taken care of.. and leaks etc are allowed to fester will develop them.

Some trailers WILL have a certain spot that is more vulnerable than others due to a specific design flaw (I can tell you that 13 foot Burros have an issue with the entryway) But I have not heard of a specific spot that rots that is unique to a beachcomber.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Beachcomber and the Surfiside seem more like a Trillium to me. I haven't seen one, but I've been told that the Surfiside is more in line with the Trillium 4500 (14 ft vs 13 ft). Not sure if the Beachcomber is the same ... but I'm thinking it is.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I would just throw it out there.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Trillium
Thanks for your Info Gina and Suz , think I'm going to have a look at it next week . If It's still around
Once again thanks

KLaas
KLaas Focker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachcomber