What is it about small travel trailers that attract attention? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 AM   #29

Name: Rachel
Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Oh yeah, Penney, you hit on a big one

I think that's why I love looking at the inside photos so much. I mean, I know pretty much what's going to be in there - there's only so much you can do - and yet.... I love to look! I think it is like you said -- that effect of looking into a tree-house or a fort (or having one ) that is one of the big neato parts.

When I'm in my Boler I just look around and think "Here is all is, my own little egg, everything I need at arm's length!"

Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #30

Trailer: 1973 Compact II
Oh Vickie - thank you for thinking of that! I just knew that I felt cozy and very good sitting on the bed that takes up most of the trailer, reading while my two dogs lolled nearby - on that bed I could have two Great Danes. Propped up with pillows, light from window or lamp, curtains I made in colors I love and right next door to bed? The stove where I can make real coffee instead of pretend.

As a child, everywhere we moved, I made a little home of my own in the backyard somewhere. Now I know why I am so comfortable with the Compact II and smile a lot when around it. And I thought I was being good and providing way for dogs to travel comfortably with me. All I was doing was being 8 years old again and loving it.

Thanks Vickie,
Pat

Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #31

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
I don't think I like the direction this is heading. Not to offend anyone but the last thing I owned that someone called cute was a Pontiac Fiero. Before discovering that it was a miserable piece of cr*p my wife mentioned that she thought it was cute. Not exactly the kind of description a guy wants to hear about his car. Awesome - OK, nice - OK, bad - OK, anything but cute. I hated the car every since, even before it fell apart. So, without realizing it earlier, I'm now glad that we moved beyond cute and into the ordinary at least.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #32

Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
Kansas
I babysit 3 grandkids Mon-Fri-they like to play in our Compact Jr. I make lunch for them and they enjoy a camp out in the garage in the camper. We have coloring books and crayons in the camper for them. They stay there for hours just having fun at grandmas.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #33

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Our 13' Burro got more people stopping than our UHaul does. One lady chased us down into a parking lot to get a tour when we had the Burro. Our 16' UHaul does get attention, but not as much. It seems like the guys often are most interested in milege while the gals comment on the cute factor. Both are surprised that it can have everything you need.

And I cannot tell you how many times we are told, "I didn't know UHaul rented trailers." We are trying to come up with something catchy or cute as an answer that phrase and have a spare tire cover made.

CindyL
how bout......Rented IT,Kept IT

or Rented/Never returned

Bruce
Old 10-21-2009, 06:57 PM   #34

Name: jim
Trailer: Casita 2000 17ft. Liberty
California
My 13 footer (actually 10 ft) ain't all that cute when the weather is bad and the only place to sit is on the bed or on a sling chair on the floor.
I can last for about 3 hours before "trailer fever" pushes me out bad the storm.
I think people think they are cute because they don't how cramped it is inside.
Also they are unusual because so few are sold for- good reason.
My driveway is too small for anything longer so I do the best I can with my "Scrimp".
Old 10-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #35

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
My 13 footer (actually 10 ft) ain't all that cute when the weather is bad and the only place to sit is on the bed or on a sling chair on the floor.
I can last for about 3 hours before "trailer fever" pushes me out bad the storm.
I think people think they are cute because they don't how cramped it is inside.
Also they are unusual because so few are sold for- good reason.
My driveway is too small for anything longer so I do the best I can with my "Scrimp".
If you get tired of sitting in there....try standing ...jk I think maybe a 16/17 would be better for you...maybe
Old 10-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #36

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
We know small fiberglass trailers are not for everyone. Usually those that have one enjoy it. It may be about expectations. If I thought I needed to be as comfortable as I am at home... I'd just stay there. It's about going places I've never been (or at least lately), meeting new people, and making memories. As long as I can get a good night's sleep (thank you electric blanket!), have my ONE cup of coffee in the morning.... I'm a happy camper!

Steve maybe on of these terms would work for you?
delightful
endearing
appealing
charming
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #37

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Donna - Better than cute but none in the direction I would prefer. That's OK, I'm content to blend in with the ordinary.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #38

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Bruce:

We wouldn't dare call it that. Someone over on UHaulcamper was accused by his UHaul dealer of stealing his trailer. As a dealer, he had never heard of Uhaul renting the trailers and said that UHaul would never sell their property.

Even more people said it after we got our UHaul dealer's sign off ebay. It fits in the front window perfectly, so we have had people assume we were UHaul dealers advertising our trailer. So maybe we ought to make it say something like, "No, Uhaul does not rent trailers and neither do we." Or simply, "Nope, we bought it." (And we like the light too much to take it down.)

Cindy
Old 10-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #39

Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Bruce:

We wouldn't dare call it that. Someone over on UHaulcamper was accused by his UHaul dealer of stealing his trailer. As a dealer, he had never heard of Uhaul renting the trailers and said that UHaul would never sell their property.

Even more people said it after we got our UHaul dealer's sign off ebay. It fits in the front window perfectly, so we have had people assume we were UHaul dealers advertising our trailer. So maybe we ought to make it say something like, "No, Uhaul does not rent trailers and neither do we." Or simply, "Nope, we bought it." (And we like the light too much to take it down.)

Cindy
what are they gonna do? take it away from you?.not likely.....keep it short and snippy.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #40

Trailer: Burro 13 ft
I agree with the inner child thought. When I was in the 3rd grade i read a story about a woman who traveled around England in a vardo (gypsy wagon). When I turned the page and saw a drawing of it, I was hooked. Think about it, we all have gypsy wagons.
Plus, there is the "coolness" factor. How many times have you heard, "That is just too cool!" Face it, we're hip.

Susi
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #41

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
And I cannot tell you how many times we are told, "I didn't know UHaul rented trailers." We are trying to come up with something catchy or cute as an answer that phrase and have a spare tire cover made.

CindyL
Cindy, I just ran UHaul through my PsychoBabble Translator and it came up with:
Youstabearental
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #42

Trailer: Boler 1300 1980
Hi everyone.

First post here but I am reading for a couple weeks, we just bought a 1980 Boler at the beginning of october. Had the chance to spend 4 nigths in a row in it on the long weekend and saddly cancelled a 3 night trip last weekend... anyway....

Quote:
... some say it looks like a big pet carrier and they can`t see how someone could camp in such a small trailer. ...
I find this one quite funny because we have 3 dogs with us:
- Mix black lab (Boxer) = 72 lbs
- Mix pointer = 80 lbs
- Mix Whippet = 40 lbs.

So for us it is not just "looking" like a pet crate !!! We found an arrangement to even have them with us for the meal cooking and eating on cooler nigths when we can't leave them in the Jeep without heat !!!

GuyBou