What is this? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
For a temporary fix chewing gum works wonders to plug a leak LOL! I had the PD9060 convertor in the swap meet at the Quartzite Rally and it didn't sell for $100 which is what I paid for it "slightly used". If you were in the area I'd just give you a lot of the old stuff like the sink, faucet, old fridge. The old Dometic work sometimes on propane but not on electric. Could be an easy fix and it looks good. I also have a brand new Norcold N400 4.5 cu ft that I'd sell for $700. I'm going all 12v for my fridge.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #22

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I am fairly sure it is not a Trillium..
I would go with you on that David, would seem very unlikely someone would bother to round off a Trillium like that.

What I find interesting is that not only was the front window filled in but it looks like the trailer had a front kitchen or something else up front as there was also what looks like a vent opening at the front that has also been filled in & I dont think Scamp did any vents up at the front like that.

Due to the closeness of the photos posted by the OP of the inside I cant tell what I am looking at so hard to tell if the inside gives any clues as to what it might be or once was. I did see at the rear inside under the window the same wall curves as Scamp uses.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #23

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
What I find interesting is that not only was the front window filled in but it looks like the trailer had a front kitchen or something else up front as there was also what looks like a vent opening at the front that has also been filled in & I dont think Scamp did any vents up at the front like that.
Being in Arizona, my guess would be an old "window" A/C location.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiS View Post
I can't do this. This will be cleaned a bit and put up for sale.
If you ever want out of this let me know what you'd want as-is.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #25

Trailer: Unknown fiberglass 5th Wheel
Registry
It appears they put a different window that was originally more squared because I see the cutout at the corners of the windows. Also there are numbers stamped on the tongue of the trailer. 90206 C3463 (military?) No brand info anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00286.jpg   DSC00283.jpg  

DSC00291.jpg   DSC00295.jpg  

KristiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #26

Registry
Kristi you have a photo that shows the rear lights and the bumper - the lights & bumpers can sometimes give away what it is/was.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #27

Registry
The upper rear driving lights on the trolley top should be a good clue but I've got nothing.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #28

Registry
Toward the back of the egg on the ceiling is a bar. Is that a clue? I will get a picture of the bumper tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #29

Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
Kansas
Just keep asking questions, lots of info here. I'm halfway through a rebuild on a 19' scamp, and I hadn't set foot in a camper other than a tent camper, before I bought it. Heck, I don't even know how to run anything in it. I prefer the "dive in over your head and come out swimming" approach. It forces you to deal with it and figure it out.
Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #30

Registry
Yeah, but Jared you've been diving in the deep end, and off the cliffs, and in shark infested waters LOL! You take on huge projects and do a pretty darned good job.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #31

Registry
Here is a closer view of the towel rack(?) in the ceiling and the bumper.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #32

Registry
The bumper sure looks Scampish! :-)

My best guess is that the rear lights are not stock and a PO interesting modification. As is the bar on the roof at the rear.

Starting to wonder if someone liked doing fiberglass work (as seen with the front window & lower vent fill in) and decided to build up the rear roof section and add the interesting lights at the top rear. The OP may be able to tell if that was the case by taking a look at the rear upper roof section and look for spots where the paint is coming off. Is there a patch job under the paint or original white gel coat? Could be totally wrong but it may be worth looking at to rule it out as a possibility.

The original poster may also want to start a new thread asking folks with Scamps from the 70's or so what their serial number sequence is - might be a way of ruling it out as a Scamp.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #33

Registry
Just another thougt re ID of trailer. On your photo DSC00286.jpg on the roof in the upper left corner there looks like what may have been fiberglass fill in - may just be the photo though. But if there is, does it look like it may have once had an Scamp style Escape Hatch in that position? They are large rectangular vents. They have a couple of sizes 18" x 25" & 15" X 22" - without going out and measuring mine I think the larger one was the old style, could be wrong though ;-)
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #34

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
If you were in the area I'd just give you a lot of the old stuff like the sink, faucet, old fridge.
Wow! I wish I was close to Vegas. I would probably take you up on that. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #35

Registry
Craigslist is free and you'd be surprised at how friendly people can be. You are in the land of RV's in Az. I would put an ad in your local Craigslist under the RV section titled "Need" Rv parts. I would then nicely ask for what you need and explain what you are trying to do. You will be surprised at how many people have good stuff just taking up room in their garages. Just keep re-running the ad and I guarantee you will be flooded with offers for cheap or even free stuff to fix it up.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #36

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
When I was looking for a used refrigerator, I looked under "camper parts" and "popups" with a $250 price cap on Craigslist. I found that there are lots of popups being dismantled because the canvas tops rot off, and stickies that have met their end. Also look for RV salvage places nearby. See Ebay for RV cushions.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #37

Registry
I have a sickness that doesn't allow me to pay retail for anything. Arizona is a fertile ground for used parts. Most trailers in places that have rain leak, rust, mold, etc. You don't have to worry about that down there.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #38

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
My best guess is that the rear lights are not stock and a PO interesting modification...

Starting to wonder if someone liked doing fiberglass work (as seen with the front window & lower vent fill in) and decided to build up the rear roof section and add the interesting lights at the top rear.
Building on this idea...

It looks like the interior photo showing the ceiling area above the rear window shows a stock Boler/Scamp curved top rear edge... but from the outside it is a sharp corner (the photos are in post #31). Kristi would need to look at this in person - it is hard to tell from a two-dimensional photo with the curves and that textured surface.

This would make sense if Carol's suspicion is correct and the rear edge under the (superfluous and inappropriate) wide vehicle identification light set is built up on top of a stock Boler/Scamp body shape.

Custom fiberglass work could also explain the belly seam area, which is definitely not stock Boler/Scamp but on a body which otherwise has a Boler 1300 / Scamp 13' shape.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #39

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
It would be sad if someone put that kind of work into a trailer that ended up in such a state.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #40

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
It would be sad if someone put that kind of work into a trailer that ended up in such a state.
Hey, Arizona isn't all that bad.