What is this: W/S/E 30/50 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Originally Posted by Darnelle View Post
Last year one family thought it was funny to encourage junior to scream at the top of his lungs!

Was his name Mason? LOL!
We had a family in our Big Rig Park that allowed their son to run amuck! We truly didn't get many kids, but on occasion we had a few. Mostly well behaved, fun, kids. But Mason, hmmmmmm How do I say it, was a Brat!

Frankly cause his parents were twits! I reined him in (basically babysat him during their stay) It was a long 4 days, but I kept his screaming down to a indoor voice! LOL........ That is one of the things I kept telling him, use your indoor voice, as well as I put him to work around the park with me or my Dh.

Pitiful that I had to babysit, but it was for the better good of the whole place. And frankly the poor kid just wanted someone to pay attention to him. The minute they pulled in from their days visit to Glacier, I got on the golf cart and picked him up. He thought it was fun and it kept peace in the park for my other guest.

As for the who is right about which style of camping is best, well my theory is, it's what ever best suits the individual as well as the camping need for that trip.

And will say, having owned as well as stayed in many of a rv parks as well as more campgrounds than I could ever count, Big rig parks are much more quite than campgrounds. The exception would be at check out time. But other than that, people are pretty much quite, calm and friendly. Many times I have ended up making new friends and enjoying cocktails, dinner and great converstion with them.

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #16
Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Wow, you were a lot kinder than I would be! This kid was about 2 and we were in Minnesota. Seriously, the parents encouraged him to scream and laughed every time he did so! They could be heard throughout the campgrounds. Thankfully they were not camping next to us. After an hour or so, no more screaming. If it had continued I would have complained to the campground host. Either they had not come to camp and were done disturbing the peace, or others did complain and they were asked to leave.

Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Smile Camping with the big rigs

Rochester, WA
Attached Thumbnails
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:47 AM   #18
Name: Darnelle
Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Are there usually 15 or 20 amp receptacles alongside the 50 amp? I have a converter plug and we usually don't need much power. I suppose I could ask for a discount due to the lower power consumption, but I bet most parks would rather charge the full rate.

I'm thinking it would fit our family best to invest in some solar so we can camp in the trees, further from the loos and where there is no power, but until then hanging with the big rigs might be a good option. Then again, camping in the trees is not good for solar! Maybe we're ready to take the plunge and camp without power.
Darnelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #19
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Usually there is a pair of 20 amp outlets.

honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote