What is your favorite Catalog? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #21

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I like the Pet Edge catalog. There is lots of good cheap stuff for my little furry critters in there. Camping world is fun to look at. I would rather brouse through a paper catalog than going online.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #22

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Paper or Plastic

I consider catalogs and online browsing "Virtural Reality". I prefer Actual Reality: brick and mortar. I have wandered the isles of Home Depot so often that I almost have their inventory memorized. Same with Camping World. Old fashioned community hardware stores are favorites, a bonus is when you get to talk to the 80 year old proprietor!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #23

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
While I enjoy browsing through most catalogs which come our way, one of my favorites is "Grainger's". Checking out the availability of parts and tools has been a lifelong habit that will probably continue until....the end.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #24

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Being that it's Christmastime, my favorite toy catalog is from Lilliput Motor Company. They have the most unique, elaborate, and off-the-scale priced toys anywhere...(Hey, I can dream can't I?)

Can you imagine a Live Stream OO scale Train, or a "1969 Ford GT 40 Mk I 1:12 scale Limited Edition 0f 1500"...( a model racecar only $859.50)
OOOOh! How 'bout a ’61 Airstream “Bambi” 1:43 Scale only $149.50

If you'd like to see the kinda stuff the "born with silver spoon in mouth crowd" put under their tree, check this out...

http://www.lilliputmotorcompany.com/...logue_info.php
Old 12-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #25

Trailer: Gypsy 1979
Hi all, e-bay followed by cabelas tho e-bay is not a catalog I purchase a lot of my camping gear from there due to great prices .
Bill Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:43 AM   #26

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
OK, I confess, Victoria's Secret .
I knew it!!!! I went to post that same answer and there you were. Kindred souls, or something, eh?
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Roger,

The beanie propeller is spinning at a leisurely pace, about the speed of one of the ceiling fans at the Blue Parrot (Senor Ferrari's place, 'member?)

It spun up briefly during the summer. Inasmuch as I had bought an ATV and a new pickup to allow me to carry it in the back WHILE ALSO towing the Casita, it made hitching up a bit of a challenge. I could no longer see the hitch ball with my tailgate mirror device, Hitching Mirror.

Fortunately, in the old bag of planned for, paid for, but not yet installed improvements was a $30 (Buy It Now! price) wireless color TV camera (including automatic infrared feature for night backing up! Wireless Camera on eBay. Originally planned to be permanently installed at the back of the Casita (I had a very close call with a tree while backing into a site at night) it was instead mounted to a block of marine plywood (1/2" thick by about 3"x5") along with a 9v battery holder and a strong magnet. (Assorted holders and DC power connections from Mouser), http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=home) That and a small 12v LCD TV Casio TV (already had) sitting on the center console made hook up a breeze this summer.

Perhaps a small steel plate mounted at the rear of the Casita will allow the camera to still do double duty.

Anyhoo, I had visions of blasting through the woods on my ATV, wretched excess personified, burning fossil fuel, whooping and shooting my six shooters into the air, terrorizing wildlife and hikers alike. Sadly, Michigan doesn't allow shooting from an ATV and I don't have six shooters, and, well, hikers aren't allowed on the ATV trails. Kinda a bust all around!

Poking around the bag, I still see the 400 watt inverter to be hard wired to the battery along feeding an orange outlet (to signify inverter supplied power) to be installed in the side dinette footwell. However, that loud sucking sound I imagine I hear are the amp hours rushing out of my trailer battery.

Notice how I worked in e-catalog references to keep this note on topic!
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote