What kind of TV do you have? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

View Poll Results: Tv - Do you have one in your trailer?
Yes 11 11.22%
No 28 28.57%
Flat screen TV. 23 23.47%
Old style Tv. 6 6.12%
Tv on your computer. 8 8.16%
Will never have one in the trailer. 8 8.16%
Thinking about adding one. 14 14.29%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #29
Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
At last week's Michigan get-together I still managed to read two (Kindle) paperbacks, listen to some short wave and watch the Olympics (I seem attracted to women's beach volleyball but I can't quite seem to put my finger on why ).
Thats strange Steve---Thats all i watched also. The rest didn't interest me.

Retired Underground Coal Miner.
Served in Canadian Army (1PPCLI)
Chester Taje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #30
Name: Per
Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft Widebody towed by Touareg TDI
15 inch Sharp LCD. Analog, so out it must go.

I heard that the IOC has decreed sweatsuits for beach volleyball in the next Olympics. I'll probably be too busy flossing (or something like that) to watch it.

Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #31
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
We do what a number of posters here do, bring the laptop for DVDs for bad weather.

It's fun to stop at Canadian Tire for new lantern mantels, say, or yet more tarp straps, then dig through the bargain bin and get a triple-feature Boris Karloff or double-feature Arnold Schwarzenegger for $4.99 and bring them along.

The laptop only has two hours battery power, so we bring an extension cord and use a 12-to-120 volt inverter to plug into truck. Someone (!) has to go out into the rain at Intermission to start up the truck so we don't have a dead truck battery. But we learned you can meet the nicest campers, those who carry jumper cables even in summer, and don't mind positioning their vehicle halfway up a mountain to help you out!
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
When it rains, the TV/DVD player is really nice to have. Also, when I got sick on a trip in April, I didn't feel like doing anything but lying in bed & watching TV. It helped distract me from my misery and the incessant rain. I hope that never happens again! yuck
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #33
Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We have a little 12 volt, 9" flat-screen DVD player (no TV channel tuner) that's designed to be a seat-back DVD player. It came with a swing-arm mount that was supposed to allow the user to clamp the TV to the two posts of a front-seat headrest (so the kids in the back can watch TV), but we used the mount to clamp the TV to the metal supports for our kitchen cabinet.

Got it a year ago at Walmart for about $99. It's not a great TV, but we don't watch much TV when we're out and about, either.

peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #34
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Joy, I like your shelving system/entertainment center. Do you leave the flat screen TV standing up like that while you're on the road? I was just wondering whether you have it attached in the back or something. We're thinking about getting a new TV for the Bigfoot at some point, but things seem to get bumped around a bit in our trailer while traveling so we wouldn't want the TV to break. Thanks.

No, the TV, DVD player & Sat box all get disconnected and placed on the bed while traveling.
Are you coming to the NOG in October?? If so you can see my setup there.
Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #35
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
No TV. Better to spend some time and scrounge a couple of yard salesalong the way and pick out some pocket novels.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote