After consulting with my wife (listening mostly...) and talking with the kids I'm pretty sure that I'll be listing the truck and bigfoot
5th wheel for sale
right away, I'll decide over the weekend. It is just too large for my needs and my yard, 95% of the time I will be camping alone and the other 5% it will be out with only 2 people.
So..here's the package... A 1989 Ford F150 extended cab with 175,000 kms on it in very good condition with brand new tires
(1500 kms on them). The truck has the 5th wheel and trailer package including a rear bumper hitch and an adapter harness which allows you to pull other trailers with it. It also has air, cruise, and tilt. It has just passed the "out of province inspection" with flying colours having only a exhaust manifold leak which I had repaired.
The trailer is a 1985 Bigfoot
20' 5th wheel single axle
with all the usual amenities. It is in pretty good shape and the tires
though old have good tread and no sign of cracking. It does require a new battery
. It could use new flooring as the carpet is pretty badly stained. The roof panel in the bathroom has rotted a bit around the vent sometime in the past, this vent has been recaulked up top and no longer leaks
. The toilet is new but the floor around it has no covering. (I'll put in some carpet before selling)
So, I was thinking of advertising the combination of truck and trailer for $9500.00 once I've done polishing the trailer up and cleaning it etc. Am I in the right ballpark with this price? Low? High?