What Should I Do After 4 Days of WET Camping???? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #15

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Great point, Mike!!! I've already decided to have a plan for TWO camping styles! I will scale back for short stays (so hubby will be more apt to just "hitch and go"!) And one for the longer stays. The biggest help this trip was that we didn't take the 2 shedding pugs--don't even want to think about that mess!!!

I'm a big-time "nestor"---so making a "home away from home" is part of the fun--like the outdoor kitchen, etc. Cooking in a 13 footer drives me crazy!

All that being said---it only took about 8 hours (spread over 2 days) to get things dry, put away, back to storage unit, and house back in order. It was well worth it----keeps me moving!

AND, it's rained everytime I've camped (except ONCE---2 weeks ago when we camped at 2 Rivers---15 mins. from my home!) So, it's a given!!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #16

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Texas
Well then Vickie, would you PLEASE come camping in central Texas?
We could certainly use the rain!!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
hehe actually Doug I only wonder about the gas issue and the parking issues of living in the city with a big truck.....

My little city and tow friendly gas saving wagon handled all my wet gear nicely with plenty of room to spare on Sunday. Acually the only wet gear I had to deal with was the outside rug - it needed a bath when it got home - not sure if that was due to the rain or too much wine and other beverages spilled on it on Friday and Saturday night! The awning and party tent where dry by the time I put them away - everything that was under the tent and inside the trailer stayed nice and dry.
Actually Doug I forgot to mention the two main reasons I love my Outback wagon.

#1 is because it has way more storage space in the rear than any other wagon I have looked at including the Volvo and way more by far than any small or so called mid size SUV's I have looked at as well. On an average 3 day camping trip I dont even come close to filling up the back area - usually only half full sometimes less - even with the cooler in the back.

#2 reason is the wagon is great in the snow by far a way better/safer ride than a truck in the snow (even the 4 wheel drive ones). As I live on the side of a mountain and spend a good deal of time in the winter months at various ski hills what I tow with in the summer months also has to serve me well in the winter months.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:52 PM   #18

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Carol, I DO know of most of your great work, especially with the Winter Olympics and the car you drive sure does seem to serve you well....
Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #19

British Columbia
Registry
Thanks Doug I have done some pretty early in the AM drives up and down some mountains that some people would not like even if there was no snow. I have done some so early tht the plows haven't got out of bed yet :-) I know from having driven trucks in the past there is no way I would have done some of those trips if I had been driving a truck! :-)
Old 09-21-2011, 08:10 PM   #20

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Great point, Mike!!! I've already decided to have a plan for TWO camping styles! I will scale back for short stays (so hubby will be more apt to just "hitch and go"!) And one for the longer stays. The biggest help this trip was that we didn't take the 2 shedding pugs--don't even want to think about that mess!!!

I'm a big-time "nestor"---so making a "home away from home" is part of the fun--like the outdoor kitchen, etc. Cooking in a 13 footer drives me crazy!

All that being said---it only took about 8 hours (spread over 2 days) to get things dry, put away, back to storage unit, and house back in order. It was well worth it----keeps me moving!

AND, it's rained everytime I've camped (except ONCE---2 weeks ago when we camped at 2 Rivers---15 mins. from my home!) So, it's a given!!!!
Vickie, I recommend a vacation to the desert... Utah is beautiful. If it rains on you there, it's probably just you!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Arches-Wendy sm.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	40035
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
Old 09-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #22

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki A. View Post
Well then Vickie, would you PLEASE come camping in central Texas?
We could certainly use the rain!!
X2 on that! You could camp almost anywhere in Texas right now Just be sure to bring the rain.

Happy Camping.....Lynn
Old 10-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #23

Name: Janet - Jan - jj
Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft 1985
Ohio
Registry
I am looking forward to all the things you all are talking about....I will have three wet dogs too....God Bless and thank you for the nice conversation.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #24

British Columbia
Registry
My water loving lab traveled all the time with me so I have had a bit of experence with the wet dog issue :-)The best tip I was given when I first got my trailer was to purchase a number of hooks with the suction cups on them and put them on the outside of the trailer under the awning for hanging the dogs wet towels and leash.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #25

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
We had a pretty wet 4 days up in the Adirondack's last week, so I feel your pain.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #26

Nebraska
Registry
Just got back from camping for 3 days---NO RAIN! This time I got to see how my awning survived 30-40 mph wind gusts!!!! Not bad, actually!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:10 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
My water loving lab traveled all the time with me so I have had a bit of experence with the wet dog issue :-)The best tip I was given when I first got my trailer was to purchase a number of hooks with the suction cups on them and put them on the outside of the trailer under the awning for hanging the dogs wet towels and leash.
I got a picture in my head of the dog being hung up to dry. Wouldn't he/she be surprised! but I doubt the suction cups would hold....
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #28

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
I got a picture in my head of the dog being hung up to dry. Wouldn't he/she be surprised! but I doubt the suction cups would hold....