Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat

Old 03-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #29

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Thanks Frederick! They even come in add'l colors if you wanted to match your picnic table to your trailer striping! Too cool!

Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #30

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
There is a great provincial park at the north end of New Brunswick just before you hit the Quebec border. (Just off the Trans Canada Highway near the NE corner of Maine). I highly recommend it for anyone travelling to or from the Atlantic provinces.

The Yogi's drive around on golf carts and actually deliver your firewood. At first I thought this was unique and wonderful customer service. In reality, what it does is puts the Yogi's out in the park keeping tabs on everthing that is going on. Typically they drop off the firewood and chat for a while. Last time we went out East, we stopped there on the way out and then on the way back home. The Yogi remembered us, after dropping off the wood we were answering his questions about how we enjoyed our trip. A firework went off (banned in this park), he excused himself, jumped on his golf cart and raced off in the direction of the fireworks. 10-15 minutes later he returned to finish the conversation.

In Ontario (and other areas) the Yogi's drive around in their cars, never getting out, unless there was a problem. Sort of like the police patrolling a ghetto. In New Brunswick they were able to accomplish the same thing while making one feel special and connecting with the campers. Every time we connected with a Yogi on a golf cart they were always seeking feedback. A totally different perspective!

There have been a few "bi" comments made in this thread. I saw a recent 20/20 show on pets recently. We all know that there are dog people and there are cat people. So what do you call someone that has both cats and dogs?

Bipetual.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #31

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Well I had to add to this after seeing a new trend in RV's of a Porch that folds down so you don't even have to touch the ground when "Camping"?

A few years ago I was in a Florida CG when a huge rig pulled in. The owner got out and set the Sat. Dish up and everything was connected and turned on and then we didn't see anyone outside that rig for several days.
We could see the TV on and the multiple AC units purred along and you could hear water run sometimes too.
Then on Sunday they came out to pack up and left!

Just think if he had a porch there would be no need to even touch the ground!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #32

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Well I had to add to this after seeing a new trend in RV's of a Porch that folds down so you don't even have to touch the ground when "Camping"?
Like this?
Ridgeline MFG On the Go Patios

Maybe sometimes a "patio rug" is just not enough?
Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #33

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
This is more like what I am talking about,after all it looks like you would need to touch the ground to set up the other one?

RV NOW: The revolutionary Veranda by Country Coach opens new possibilities for RVing
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #34

Name: Marv
Trailer: Escape 5.0
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
But the strangest camping item, was a guest who traveled with a time line of his vacation!

Seriously, this guy had his vacation planned to the minute! 15 minutes at this gas station, 30 minutes at this tourist attraction, etc . I about fainted when I saw his binder of his whole rv-ing adventure across the country from FL to MT.
We camped next to a big-rig couple while we were traveling to Alaska. He had a binder like you describe. He was afraid of getting into a tight spot that he couldn't out of. So he had Google Maps satellite views printed out of (I think) the entire trip. I so wanted to flip the pages and watch the Earth zoom by.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #35

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
ok road stuff....i love it

since we are fresh back from getting our new scamp....i guess this is a way to get a few of the 58 pictures i took on the trip out here.
i love roadside attractions and usually stop to get a pic,,,unless mama is in a hurry to go someplace,,,, you guys know what i mean.

so lets see what i found on the road.

we have here,,, an eagle....and i think she wanted to hatch my "egg"

then a catfish?

and finaly an american moose
Attached Thumbnails
022.jpg   023.jpg  

025.jpg   036.jpg  

Old 03-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #36

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
did i mention?
Attached Thumbnails
030.jpg  
Old 03-26-2012, 03:22 PM   #37

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
the funniest..well, i don't know if this qualifies as funny or simply just a sign on the times...but at the koa in daytona beach (one of them, i guess), a group pulled in to set up camp across from us. out came the tent....got it all set up and then....out came the satellite dish! he positionned it once...then he moved the tent and moved the tent and moved it again, trying to get his signal. and then we never saw him outside again.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #38

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe No More .. Sob!
Registry
At one very nice RV park in BC, I watched a monster motor home being driven into a prime view site by a rental company guy. He then turned it over to the family who followed behind in their own car. The renters never actually drove the RV rental unit. (Lesson: People have different tastes in RVing.)
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #39

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
An electric fireplace in a camper. Nuff said.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #40

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot 21
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMayo View Post
At one very nice RV park in BC, I watched a monster motor home being driven into a prime view site by a rental company guy. He then turned it over to the family who followed behind in their own car. The renters never actually drove the RV rental unit. (Lesson: People have different tastes in RVing.)

You mean that after I spent all that money to BUY this thing, you think that I'm supposed to DRIVE it? Myself? How crude & primitive do you think I am? Anyway?
Old 03-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #41

Name: Lyndon
Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Minnesota
At a campground in Montana while w wer having supper there was a lot of roaring of an engine coming from an older Ford 3/4 ton with a large camper in the box and about 3 kids and a lady with close lines with close and things hung on them. after a while i had to go and investigale and as I came up I noticed that I could see the engine of the truck through the grill This shouldn't be as the radiater is supposed to be there, So i asked the guy what the problem was and he said his radiater was bad so he had removed it and had to run the truck awhile each day to charge the batery To this day I m wondering what happened to those folks and how he got there.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #42

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
An electric fireplace in a camper. Nuff said.
I resemble this remark!

I have an electric "Fireplace" I yanked out of a Condo I renovated that I would love to stick in my egg if not for the space it will take.

This one has some log looking things with a lightbulb behind them and a motor that turns the "Flames" between the two.

The motor noise is supposed to sound like a roaring fire I think?

It is priceless and makes no pesky heat either!